Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

UPDATE: Jets Release Le'Veon Bell

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-leveon-bell-trade-adam-gase-20201013-qfezorldljd6lhe774zm4klw4y-story.html

"The Jets and Le’Veon Bell are headed for a divorce.

The Daily News has learned that Gang Green is trying to trade the perennial Pro Bowl running back amid this nightmarish season. Sources told the News that Gang Green is indeed shopping Bell with the hope of trading him sooner rather than later. The trade deadline is at the end of the month."

The News reported Tuesday that Bell told friends after last season that he would likely request a trade if things continued to go south this year. He also expressed uneasiness about Gase’s weekly game plans last year without complaining.

Been holding in 3 leagues.

Almost anywhere would be better than the Jets.....

• Like 1

This could be good news for Bell owners.  

If he gets on a decent offense with some blocking, he could still be an RB2.

I don't know who is interested but a team like the Bears or 49ers, and he's got real value again

Local reports are they'd take a 6th or 7th round pick for him. Seems a little cheap. Just heard maybe Chicago or New England. but that was one radio show hosts take. 

1 hour ago, DEEZNUTS said:

Local reports are they'd take a 6th or 7th round pick for him. Seems a little cheap. Just heard maybe Chicago or New England. but that was one radio show hosts take. 

It's because Bell has a high cap hit.  There aren't many teams who can afford him.

3 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

Trading Bell would be fine, firing Gase would be better. 

Good for Jets fans, but it won’t help Bell owners this season. 

Team still is awfull. 

The reports in the NY media is the Jets would have to send a pick just to get rid of him...

5 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

Trading Bell would be fine, firing Gase would be better. 

Say what you will about Gase, but he had enough sense not to want Bell in the first place. :dunno:

11 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Say what you will about Gase, but he had enough sense not to want Bell in the first place. :dunno:

Yeah, Gase prefers Gore over Bell. Bell was the second worst contract the Jets gave out that off season. Gase is by far the worst coach in the NFL.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's because Bell has a high cap hit.  There aren't many teams who can afford him.

True, but the word is that the Jets are willing to eat half of his salary (3 million dollars) just to move him.

We'll see how the fish are biting sometime before the 29th.

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

They couldn't trade him... for anything?  

"C'mon, we'll take a 7th rounder..."  Yeah, no thanks.

And then he'll latch on somewhere as an RB4 and everyone will try to get him on their team because they are convinced he will take over as the lead back "some day."

Same thing happened with Fournette.

4 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

They couldn't trade him... for anything?  

"C'mon, we'll take a 7th rounder..."  Yeah, no thanks.

As with Fournette, why can't people understand it' not just a trade of a player for a draft pick. The team that trades for the player takes on the salary contract and few teams are as dumb as the team that signed them. It is NOT that teams don't value these RBs at a 7th round pick or higher. Is this really that hard to grasp?

• Like 1

Just now, Law said:

The team that trades for the player takes on the salary contract and few teams are as dumb as the team that signed them.

You're absolutely correct. I forgot about his bloated contract.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Where does Bell sign?

thats the question... my rb depth is non existent all of a sudden. Hopefully somewhere with a decent O

Chicago or Detroit seem like good fits in terms of current personel, though this will come down to money.  

Wow might be good news so Bell owners.  

I honestly don’t think bell is that good anymore. Yes, the jets make everyone bad, but he has ZERO juice. I think PIT makes almost anyone in the backfield good and bell was a product of that.  For years now the PIT backfield has been a goldmine. When the starter goes down the backup becomes a league winner. It’s the system.  Bell is gonna go somewhere and continue to be mediocre, and kill some young RBs development in the process. 

2 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

I honestly don’t think bell is that good anymore. Yes, the jets make everyone bad, but he has ZERO juice. I think PIT makes almost anyone in the backfield good and bell was a product of that.  For years now the PIT backfield has been a goldmine. When the starter goes down the backup becomes a league winner. It’s the system.  Bell is gonna go somewhere and continue to be mediocre, and kill some young RBs development in the process. 

Maybe.  

Right situation he should be better then he was with the Jets.  

Wont see the same production he once had with the Steelers, I hope no one thinks that, but he’s worthy of a roster spot, and depending on the team he lands on , might even be worthy of a flex play.  

Its going to be exciting to see what happens. 

I think he's far from done. He needs the right system for sure, we see that now post Pittsburg.  He isn't good enough to thrive anywhere. Needs creative schemes. Doesn't have to be a dominant O-line, but he has to be on a strong offense that moves the ball well that can keep him on the field, used in different formations. He'd be ideal for the 49ers or the Rams but obvi won't go to either place. He should be schemed up the way Kamara is. 

Bears are running with no depth behind Montgomery. Makes sense

KC? I don’t think they’ve got much behind CEH.

I'm afraid he'll go to a team that will want him for depth but already has a solid RB -  (ie Seattle, KC, Philly, LV) throwing a solid  RB's value into a tailspin. 

24 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

I'm afraid he'll go to a team that will want him for depth but already has a solid RB -  (ie Seattle, KC, Philly, LV) throwing a solid  RB's value into a tailspin. 

most likely this will happen. it's so rare to find a truly RB needy team. Perhaps he waits and signs after an injury

Since Bell already has guaranteed money, and was mostly dissatisfied with his (under)usage , I think that he can seek out a spot where he will get some burn. With Cohen out for the year, the Bears would make some sense, with Bell's proven pass-catching prowess. Also wouldn't surprise me if the Chiefs made a run at him. CEH ain't gonna be benched, but he hasn't exactly been getting it done as the featured back either. And, of course, one can never overlook "The Hoodie", who loves to grab up veteran players on the cheap.

As mentioned in the following article, underachieving but talented players coming out of the Gase black hole have experienced explosions on new teams....like Drake, R. Anderson, and Tannehill. Glad to be holding him in 3 leagues, in hopes something good shakes out. I truly believe that, if given another opportunity, he is gonna ball out.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/leveon-bell-released-the-five-best-places-for-him-to-sign-as-a-free-agent-for-fantasy-football/

8 minutes ago, stonewall said:

As mentioned in the following article, underachieving but talented players coming out of the Gase black hole have experienced explosions on new teams....like Drake, R. Anderson, and Tannehill. ...

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/leveon-bell-released-the-five-best-places-for-him-to-sign-as-a-free-agent-for-fantasy-football/

I didn't read the article, but I believe Damien Williams also played under Gase in Miami before breaking out in KC.