Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

UPDATE: Jets Release Le'Veon Bell

This will be bad news for some fantasy relevant RB. He’ll go to a team that needs to win now but wants a bit of depth. Somehow the Steelers make the most and least sense to me. A win now or never Qb, a starting Rb that’s injury prone with not much behind him, a Super Bowl caliber defense, and a system he’s familiar with but...we all know the history there.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

I didn't read the article, but I believe Damien Williams also played under Gase in Miami before breaking out in KC.

That is correct. Actually, pretty bizarre when you think about it.....and unflattering to Gase.

Too well documented to be merely coincidental. I think Mostert was there also, but probably a year before Gase came on the scene.

As a depressed Jets fan let me weigh in here.

1) the idea that lev is a malcontent is completely false. He has been nothing but class and a pro since arriving. This narrative is purely false. The guy is not a problem.

2) lev also has plenty of juice left. I’ve watched him closely. His struggles are not his fault. His line sucked, but the play calling and his utilization in the pass game in particular were worse. Gase is merely a complete buffoon.

3) the reason the Jets were unable to trade him was bc of the $8m injury guarantee in 2021. No team wanted to absorb that.

he will sign somewhere and explode. Just like all of the other gase cast offs.

buy him while you can.

So landing spots are Chicago, KC, Tampa Bay,  Pittsburgh, Cleveland, San Fran, Tennessee, Seattle, Miami, and Arizona per ESPN.

My reactions:

Chicago - Maybe

KC - Why?

TB - I don't see it.

Pittsburgh - Possible if they're on good terms

Cleveland - I don't see it.

San Fran - No

Tennessee - Possible

Seattle - Possible and may be sneaky good for him/them

Miami - Why?

Arizona - Nah

Just now, Jarvis Basnight said:

So landing spots are Chicago, KC, Tampa Bay,  Pittsburgh, Cleveland, San Fran, Tennessee, Seattle, Miami, and Arizona per ESPN.

My reactions:

Chicago - Maybe

KC - Why?

TB - I don't see it.

San Fran - No

Tennessee - Possible

Miami - Why?

Arizona - Nah

KC makes sense to me. CEH has been ok but what else do they have? 

Miami also can do better than Howard. 

31 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

My reactions:

Chicago - Maybe

KC - Why?

TB - I don't see it.

San Fran - No

Tennessee - Possible

Miami - Why?

Arizona - Nah

Buffalo?  So he can get revenge on the Jets and Singletary has been on and off.

I can see , Redskins, Gmen, Zona, Raiders, Bengals, Jags, Colts, Pats. 

Bears make the most sense.  Bell will make a team better, and the Bears only have Monty right now.  

53 minutes ago, bgard72 said:

Bears make the most sense.  Bell will make a team better, and the Bears only have Monty right now.  

Agreed.

• Like 1

So now this fat sack will suddenly be motivated again won't he?  Going to do just enough to turn a team that has a primary ball carrier, into a murky committee situation.  Like I've said before, this loser is the poster boy for never paying a RB big money.

The big money is going on KC. The Chiefs are now the heavy Vegas favorites to sign Bell.....then the Pats and Bears.

Still seems to be leaning hard towards the Chiefs. 

https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city-chiefs/chiefs-emerge-as-favorite-to-sign-leveon-bell-over-4-other-teams-report/

Would kinda be like what happened to us Damien Williams owners last year when McCoy was signed.

Apparently, San Fran is not interested, so rest easy Mostert owners.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/14/kyle-shanahan-on-leveon-bell-im-good-with-all-our-guys/

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

Apparently, San Fran is not interested, so rest easy Mostert owners.

Yeah, averaging 7.0 yards per carry and 15.4 yards per reception is good for job security.

On 10/13/2020 at 7:12 PM, Law said:

As with Fournette, why can't people understand it' not just a trade of a player for a draft pick. The team that trades for the player takes on the salary contract and few teams are as dumb as the team that signed them. It is NOT that teams don't value these RBs at a 7th round pick or higher. Is this really that hard to grasp?

:thumbsup: this.

at the time the Jets signed him, they were the team offering THE most money for his services.  Nobody was willing to pay more.  

This was at the height of Bells career.

he has since had a shaky period with the jets where he did not look nearly as good as he did in Pittsburgh.

what makes anyone think people will pay for him now when they wouldnt pay for him then?

It is the contract teams are afraid of.  and if Bell misbehaves the team pays a heavy price to get rid of him (much as the Jets are doing now)

once he clears waivers teams may sign him at substantially less money.  

But, As this is the second team where he has butted heads with management, there is the very real possibility he may sit a while as teams decide whether they truly want to bring a player like this into their dressing room.

I Could see Belicheck signing him.  but hed read the riot act to him before signing him and Bell would need to be willing to take a sizeable pay cut.

Dont know if Bell can take that bruise to the ego.   not yet anyhow.    for this scenario to play out, hed need to sit a while first.

Haven’t seen any update, anyone see any news about his new landing spot ? 

There I go. 

ha. his lazy butt will probably cause problems on that team.  bad signing by what seems like a really good organization.  bell is a cancer.

love that it doesn't affect any of my guys.

Very good move for both parties.  

Only loser, CEH owners.