Sign in to follow this  
Mike Isles

Ding Dong Bell Is a Chief.

Tampa

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Tampa

No cap space.  Jets would have to take cap money in return and see less value on the return in general.

The team acquiring Bell would have to account for about $10M this year, plus a minimum of $28M over the next 2 season.  The teams that can afford that are:

• Browns
  • Cowboys
  • Washington
  • Jaguars
  • Patriots
  • Broncos
  • Lions
  • Eagles
  • Dolphins

I'd say that the teams in bold would be the ones who could use a RB and have the cap space.  That said, I don't think the Pats or Dolphins would make the trade.

Hmmmm, going with.....Washington, they always make stupid personnel decisions....

1 minute ago, Mike Isles said:

I was thinking Bears. What about back to the ‘burgh??

Difficult to imagine the Steelers accepting him back.

4 hours ago, RLLD said:

Hmmmm, going with.....Washington, they always make stupid personnel decisions....

I'd be shocked,  even with the idiot owner. The Team dumped Peterson because they felt solid at RB.

10 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Released- note even a 7th round pick. Wow. 

Wow is right.

”No player is bigger than the team”

13 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Released- note even a 7th round pick. Wow. 

I mean there is a cap.   

Who would pay anything for Lev Bell halfway through 2020 at his contract? He is probably disinterested and slightly washed up.  Its a competitive league.  RBs dont mean much.  There is a youngster that can do what he can at minimal price.  No team really makes much sense.  

14 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I mean there is a cap.   

Who would pay anything for Lev Bell halfway through 2020 at his contract? He is probably disinterested and slightly washed up.  Its a competitive league.  RBs dont mean much.  There is a youngster that can do what he can at minimal price.  No team really makes much sense.  

Bills could of used him tonight 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mike Isles said:

Bills could of used him tonight 

Not really.  I saw singletary get hit behind the line early and often.  Similar to the Jets running game.  In which Bell was ineffective.

It isnt a video game.  RBs cant just use superpowers and run over everyone.  Bell doesnt have those powers anyway.  

It is why backups of real good running teams do well.  

RBs do not matter much.  Everyone should realize this by now.

Jets had to cut Bell because they are gonna sign Dak next year and needed to free up cap room LOLOLOL.

Dak has had the BEST weapons around him in Dallas and couldn't make it work.  Just imagine him moving to the Jets.

Judge Barrett weighed in on this, apparently Bell failed to state a claim on which relief can be granted, so it was time for him to go....../legal humor

Bell signs with Chiefs. Are Jets on the hook for his 7 million since releasing him ?

(Someone on sports radio said so. I didn’t think so - So I defer to you experts)

Chiefs signed him too fast.  Bell was cut in my league but would not clear waivers until midnight tonite.  I had a claim on him and was feeling really good about it but then he officially became a Chief so I'm sure he will be grabbed by someone else now.  I also used my 1st round pick on Helaire.  Yuk.

Interesting move.

Lets see if they can return him to relevance, fantasy-wise that is

He's going to play wr since Sammy can't stay healthy

Did the same thing last year with LeSean McCoy. Chiefs backfield is officially a mess for fantasy purposes. 

2 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Are Jets on hook for 7 Mil ???

Yes I think its 6 mil but either way yeah, that's why he wasn't traded no one wanted to pick up that contact

8 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Yes I think its 6 mil but either way yeah, that's why he wasn't traded no one wanted to pick up that contact

So KC just inherited the contact ? I still don’t think that’s right. Could be wrong though

5 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

So KC just inherited the contact ? I still don’t think that’s right. Could be wrong though

No he has a new contract with kc. reports say it's a one year deal.

7 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

No.  You inherit the contract if you trade for him.  Once he is cut, you can sign him for anything.  In fact (I'm not sure which sport) but I think in some sports, if you sign someone after they are cut, part of all of the prior contract is voided.  So sometimes a player will sit out and just collect the contract.  There is a balance because if you sit for years collecting the old contract, your value drops. 

The Jets are responsible for the remaining $6 million on Bell's 2020 base pay, but there is an offset clause that will defray it by the amount of the salary on a new contract with the Chiefs.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Chiefs will give him a paltry contract for a one-year deal. And the Jets are on the hook for the rest.

Because.....they are the Jets..... 🤣

"Le'Veon Bell's contract is worth $690,000 with an additional $1 million in incentives"