Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Week 6 Waiver Wire

Obvious - Claypool

How about Lamical Perine, Justin Jackson, Mike Williams, Justin Herbert, Andy Dalton, Laviska Shenault (again), Henry Ruggs, Travis Fulgham.

Missing anyone?

Perine and Dalton only two available in my league.  

Dalton I hope stays as a f/a , he’ll make a good stream Qb. 

He’s never played on a team with a better rb , or with a better wr2 or wr 3.  

I hope someone picks up Perine, the Perine and Gore combo isn’t going to be a winner  

Mattison.

Have been carrying him in three leagues, and am looking forward to finally unleashing him this week.

You are right about Herbert. If he happens to still be floating around, he needs to be a priority add. He's got a chance to be a Mahomie Jr.

I didn't want to create a whole new thread for a rankings question so I am putting it here. FFtoday currently has Jace Sternberger as Their #7 TE and doesn't even list Robert Tonyan, In the last 3 weeks Tonyan has outscored Sternberger 53-5. Is there some vital piece of info I am missing. Are the Guru's at FFtoday suggesting I should drop Tonyan for Sternberger? If so, why?

I can't see how they would suggest that considering the outperformance by Tonyan. 

For what it's worth:

Tight End

Expensive

Robert Tonyan, Green Bay Packers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers ($5,100) — Tight end feels worse than usual this week. Mark Andrews ($6,500) is clearly in the best spot, but it’s doubtful most lineups will be able to afford him. Tonyan takes a massive leap in salary and Adams returning to the lineup should take away some red zone targets. That said, I don’t see why Rodgers would go away from what’s working, especially with the lack of receivers in this offense. Tonyan’s totaled 13 grabs for 173 yards and five touchdowns over the past three games.

14 hours ago, DEEZNUTS said:

Obvious - Claypool

How about Lamical Perine, Justin Jackson, Mike Williams, Justin Herbert, Andy Dalton, Laviska Shenault (again), Henry Ruggs, Travis Fulgham.

Missing anyone?

Chark is hurting, could be a good week for Shenault since he's been getting regular targets.

Ruggs looks electric but they don't get the ball to him enough.

Mike Williams is interesting because he has a QB now that can get him the ball downfield.  

Herbert is chucking it and I'd feel comfortable with him as my #2 right now.

ETA: My league doesn't penalize QB's for turnovers so Herbert may be better there than in other leagues.

4 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Frisman Jackson

Lotta younger guys in here won't remember that name because they were still in kindergarten, but it sure dredges up some memories for me. 

He had a career day in week one of the 2005 NFL season with the Cleveland Browns.

In week one, he had eight catches for 128 yards and a touchdown. Hype train went off the rails, and he was the hottest WR waiver wire addition that I can remember. For the rest of his career he would have have a total of sixteen more catches for 159 yards, and he would never find the end zone again. At least he has something to tell his grandkids about!

• Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 11:14 PM, stonewall said:

Mattison.

Have been carrying him in three leagues, and am looking forward to finally unleashing him this week.

You are right about Herbert. If he happens to still be floating around, he needs to be a priority add. He's got a chance to be a Mahomie Jr.

He'll be unleashed for sure but he shouldn't even be on waivers in 10 team leagues unless they only have like 4-5 bench spots...

No Mahomes JR for Herbert....unless you mean JR as in Jay Cutler like and not a future HOF who is going to win multiple MVP and Super Bowls.  Mark this thread or do whatever but no way he has anything close to the career Mahomes.  

Herbert is fun to watch don't get me wrong...but so was Mitchell Trubisky his rookie year.  Give Herbert some time for teams to get more film on him and see what happens.  He's been a one read guy so far and has hit some good bombs on defenses selling out with the blitz.  Def coordinators will adjust to this and then we'll see a different Sherbert.  I also have ZERO faith in his coaching staff and entire organization.  

The one thing he does have going for him is the LAC schedule is soft as charmin... doesn't play a good defense till late season vs. Pats.  BOL 

1 hour ago, SexyRexy said:

Preston williams

Agreed.  

Looks like Preston is healthy again, and found his stride in the offense.   The Miami OC stated that he needs to get Williams more targets.    

On 10/13/2020 at 5:14 PM, stonewall said:

Mattison.

Herbert is a must add, league winning type pickup

11 hours ago, Joey Gladstone said:

Mecole Hardman with Watkins out. Volatile but a monster ceiling. Buffalo isn’t great against receivers. 

Im really close to starting him this week. 

Starting over Edelman, Shenault, Slayton, Gallup

10 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Starting over Edelman, Shenault, Slayton, Gallup

I’ve been laboring over it for days, but I’m starting him over Moore and Lindsay. Big game, Andy is going to whip it out. I’m playing a monster team this week and don’t want to settle for “ok” at my flex. I have a really strong Hardman hunch this week. Good luck :cheers:

1 hour ago, Joey Gladstone said:

I have a really strong Hard man hunch...

So are you officially "out" now?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.