Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

D. Swift Breakout Coming?

Anyone else feeling a post-bye breakout coming for Swift?  Other than his date with IND wk 8 his schedule is a dream, starting this week vs JAX.  At SOME point DET has to look to the future and really see what they got in their high draft pick, right?  Even 10 carries and 4-5 receptions vs that schedule could produce nice results in PPR.  

Tough one, Swift has 25 touches and K Johnson has 21, and both play behind Peterson. N

i wouldn’t trust anything from the Lions when it comes to this situation.  

It’s hard to say but I do think either way he’s a prime trade target. He won’t cost much and the upside is certainly there especially in ppr leagues

• Like 1

I don't know, perhaps, but there have been many RBs I have thought were going to break out with the Lions, maybe more than any other team.

They never do.

They always seem to have RBs on IR and then about 3 different RBs that get touches, none of them very effective.

Every so often you can get lucky and have one of their RBs be a flex option for most of the season, but not a team to bank on at RB

AP's tweet was "Football is supposed to be fun Enjoy this game while you’re here!!".   I don't get it...what is it about this message that has us speculating that he has a health concern?  Is it that he tweeted at 4am and can't sleep?  

Not this week but his touches increase especially  in the passing game. Yeah Patricia from the NE family that totally messes with rb's but the coach is up against a wall and needs to create some spark. If he's smart,which is debatable, he needs to reduce Peterson's role and ramp up Swift. I think Swifts confidence and production will rise out of the passing game and eventually the rushing yards will come too. Definite dynasty value and bye week/injury replacement til he gets going.

• Confused 1

Golladay has avg five rec per game, at that pace in a 16 game season, he would have 80 rec, surpassing his highest mark. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Golladay has avg five rec per game, at that pace in a 16 game season, he would have 80 rec, surpassing his highest mark. 

But he’s only played in 2 games...

7 hours ago, TimHauck said:

But he’s only played in 2 games...

Exactly. 

So hard to say then they need to feed him more , with only games. Correct, maybe. 

So I was stating the facts.  

116 yards and two TDs, along with 3 catches...

Pretty good day

On 10/17/2020 at 1:30 PM, eagles115 said:

No swift sucks

This post did NOT age well... and next time he posts something, I will definitely go against his opinion!

Now let’s see if this is the norm.  

They need to give their best rb , that would be Swift, the ball, but his next game makes starting or sitting him a real tough decision, imo. 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Now let’s see if this is the norm.  

They need to give their best rb , that would be Swift, the ball, but his next game makes starting or sitting him a real tough decision, imo. 

I totally agree.  His usage next week vs ATL will be very telling.  If he can get at least 15 total touches again we may have a solid RB2 in ppr.

I started him this week because Jacobs was on a bye.  But he's back to the bench for me.  AP is still overused so it makes Swift a huge gamble each week.  

Not sure why they drafted Swift if they are gonna run old man AP out there all game. There are no signs AP is being phased out.   

2 hours ago, Kent said:

I started him this week because Jacobs was on a bye.  But he's back to the bench for me.  AP is still overused so it makes Swift a huge gamble each week.  

Not sure why they drafted Swift if they are gonna run old man AP out there all game. There are no signs AP is being phased out.   

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see one or two more games with Swift getting this much usage before I feel safe starting him with confidence, but wouldn't you consider this week's game "signs AP is being phased out"?   

No, I hope it’s ok to give an answer. 

I think it’s still a work in progress. 

I think next game will be more of the telling game. , so do you start Swift or not? Tough one. 

On 10/19/2020 at 3:24 PM, RedzoneMonster said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see one or two more games with Swift getting this much usage before I feel safe starting him with confidence, but wouldn't you consider this week's game "signs AP is being phased out"?   

AP got 15 carries.  That's not a sign of being phased out.  

I have David Johnson and Kenyan Drake, and am itching to swap one of them out for Swift.  I'm thinking Swift might be the better play this week with time for the coaching staff to adjust strategy coming off the bye week..

I am debating between Swift and Jackson (LAC) in my flex.  If I KNEW Swift would get 15 touches for sure it would be an easy decision.  Thinking I may go with the safer floor in Jackson vs JAX for one more week.  

If i owned Swift and if I had to start him I would, but if I had Jackson and DJ and Drake, I would sit him, I need to see what the Lions do with Swift one more time before I can trust starting him over three players that are Rbs1 one their respective teams.  

I'm doing it, benching drake and rolling with swift.

And I hope it turns into a must start for swift from here on out and choosing between drake and Johnson week to week.

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Swift to see “expanded role”

He gets to carry Adrian Peterson's jock strap this week.

Glad I started him and its early

Lions did use him a little more then Peterson.

Good sign for Swift owners. 

Did he get a long run called back or something?  I could've sworn at one point I saw his point total higher then it dropped.

5 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Did he get a long run called back or something?  I could've sworn at one point I saw his point total higher then it dropped.

I saw that too.  No idea what happened.