Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

Atlanta facility covid shutdown

I'm going to be shocked if this season finishes.  Right now there's a chance for games to be rescheduled because of the bye weeks, but once teams have their byes, it's going to get a lot harder.  Unless they force forfeits, which I don't think is fair, they may need to extend the season multiple weeks after the expected dates.  It's going to be a real cluster f**k.

23 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm going to be shocked if this season finishes.  Right now there's a chance for games to be rescheduled because of the bye weeks, but once teams have their byes, it's going to get a lot harder.  Unless they force forfeits, which I don't think is fair, they may need to extend the season multiple weeks after the expected dates.  It's going to be a real cluster f**k.

I would be shocked if the season doesn't finish. Why would they cancel the season instead of adding a couple of BYE weeks?

Worst case is if a game gets canceled due to no playoff implications, people would lose 1 week of that player.

https://www.nfl.com/news/silver-week-18-could-be-added-to-regular-season

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I would be shocked if the season doesn't finish. Why would they cancel the season instead of adding a couple of BYE weeks?

Worst case is if a game gets canceled due to no playoff implications, people would lose 1 week of that player.

Teams already had or are having their bye weeks.  Let's say that on Monday, 4 players on the Panthers test positive.  Then on Saturday, there are still players who are positive.  They're supposed to play the Saints... the Saints are in their bye week now, so the game will have to be postponed until Week 18.  Good.  But what happens if in 3 weeks, another Saints game has to be postponed?  Are they going to add a 19th week?  What if 3 weeks later, it happens again?  Are they going to add a 20th week?

27 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Teams already had or are having their bye weeks.  Let's say that on Monday, 4 players on the Panthers test positive.  Then on Saturday, there are still players who are positive.  They're supposed to play the Saints... the Saints are in their bye week now, so the game will have to be postponed until Week 18.  Good.  But what happens if in 3 weeks, another Saints game has to be postponed?  Are they going to add a 19th week?  What if 3 weeks later, it happens again?  Are they going to add a 20th week?

I suppose I don't see the scenario you laid out as being very likely. We are in complete 1/3 of the season done and doesn't seem like it will get to that extreme scenario in the next 2/3. 

If they’re doing hundreds of these tests with a 0.5% false positive rate maybe we don’t need to freak out and believe the seasons canceled at every test result?

Fauxvid 19 Strikes again, all colts positives phony. Now think how much of this is being recorded worldwide and fed to us as fear.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

Fauxvid 19 Strikes again, all colts positives phony.

That's the problem I'm seeing.  I don't trust the test results.  The players are going to get tested on Sunday again.  What if there are more false positives?

12 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

If they’re doing hundreds of these tests with a 0.5% false positive rate maybe we don’t need to freak out and believe the seasons canceled at every test result?

I messed up the wording in my first post.  I meant, finish on time.  Meaning, I don't see this season finishing in February.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's the problem I'm seeing.  I don't trust the test results.  The players are going to get tested on Sunday again.  What if there are more false positives?

Gameday testing is a terrible idea. Teams need to start hiding their results or lying. 

Lol more false positive, oh this mandemic. 

Pats just canceled practice due to positive COVID test. Doubt this game is played on Sunday...

Where’s that Elaine from Seinfeld gif where’s she’s like “Fake, fake, fake, fake.” That’s warranted here. Name one nfl player that’s sick, like actually sick, cough cough, sick.

2 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

This.

I guess it might be too late but maybe they would have been better off making more of the scheduled bye weeks later in the season, so you don't risk teams needing a covid bye after they've already had their regular bye.

7 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Where’s that Elaine from Seinfeld gif where’s she’s like “Fake, fake, fake, fake.” That’s warranted here. Name one nfl player that’s sick, like actually sick, cough cough, sick.

The players aren't the concern.  It's the coaches and others they infect who aren't young world class athletes. 

But surely you know this.  Because you're not deranged.  

I'd be a bit concerned for the linemen groups though.