Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Le'Veon Bell to KC Chiefs

On 10/16/2020 at 6:30 PM, DrG said:

He knew the Jets were not the best team when he signed ...

Holdout cost him some serious coin.

usually when. you take the best money offer, you are going to a situation where you wont produce like you did in your old team.

smart players will choose fit over cash, and the fit was close to perfect where he was in pittsburgh (at least on the field)

Granted, his off field antics wouldnt thrill me as a GM or coach.  I'd only consider bringing a guy like that in if there is enough leadership on the team to keep him in line.

the jets were not winning and likely didnt need his bad influence making matters worse.

Reid likely has enough going on there that Bell wont be a sideshow and if Reid dumps him i dont know if anyone else will give him a chance.

And that's how the Chiefs became a rushing team, making Patrick Mahomes one of the worst QBs in fantasy football.

Well, there goes the Bell hype up in smoke. CEH was an unstoppable force tonight, and D. Williams looked very good, as well. Heck, there was even a couple of Darwin sightings....and he ran well.

Obvious now that it will take a CEH injury for Bell to have any weekly value other than a what-the-heck flex.

4 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Well, there goes the Bell hype up in smoke. CEH was an unstoppable force tonight, and D. Williams looked very good, as well. Heck, there was even a couple of Darwin sightings....and he ran well.

Obvious now that it will take a CEH injury for Bell to have any weekly value other than a what-the-heck flex.

I would disagree 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I would disagree 

I hope you are right...

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

CEH needs to keep having games like this if hes gonna keep Bell off the field.

This is one week.  lets not get too excited.

iit will take Bell another couple weeks to learn the playbook anyhow.  CEH had a couple weeks of job security at the least.  

but Reid is a smart guy.  if there is a way to use both backs effectively he will find a way.

It’s not going to take Bell a couple of weeks to learn he playbook , he would have contributed in tonight’s game, but because of a mandemic rule he has to miss the game. 

KC game tonight was a good one for Bell owners, they ran the ball to win the game.  

Bell is going assume the goal line work, plus, he’ll be used in the passing game.  

CEH owners might want to shop. 

47 minutes ago, weepaws said:

It’s not going to take Bell a couple of weeks to learn he playbook , he would have contributed in tonight’s game, but because of a mandemic rule he has to miss the game. 

KC game tonight was a good one for Bell owners, they ran the ball to win the game.  

Bell is going assume the goal line work, plus, he’ll be used in the passing game.  

CEH owners might want to shop. 

I am not saying this wont affect his value.

but i am saying it is too early to say for sure how this will play out.

I thiink you are right in that Bell will get goal line duties right away because he runs with power and CEH does not.

i think both backs are capable pass catchers and Bell may be the more patient runner even if CEH is the faster player.

both backs can create mismatches in the pass game but CEH is lacking the experience Bell has.   maybe Bell and CEH both play in the 2 minute offense as pass catchers.

hard to say.  

but anytime a perceived bell cow back suddenly has to share duties, that players value goes down.   no question about it.

but i also dont think Bell stops here for more than a year or two.  Maybe CEH learns a thing or two from him.  hopefully he doesnt pickup Bells bad habits too.

Some of you may have more faith in Bell than I do.  I get that he's going to be motivated, but so is the rookie.  And as we saw last night he's not going to give up carries without a fight.  The 2 RB's have different styles and we know is that Clyde was handpicked by Big Red for the KC offense.  I'm just not so sure Bell is going to come in and make the splash that so many others believe.  

Haven't yet but still thinking about going after Clyde.  He really seems like a buy low now.

58 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Some of you may have more faith in Bell than I do.  I get that he's going to be motivated, but so is the rookie.  And as we saw last night he's not going to give up carries without a fight.  The 2 RB's have different styles and we know is that Clyde was handpicked by Big Red for the KC offense.  I'm just not so sure Bell is going to come in and make the splash that so many others believe.  

Haven't yet but still thinking about going after Clyde.  He really seems like a buy low now.

Bell will be the goal line rb, that alone will garner some consideration that he might be more valuable, plus we know how good Bell is in the passing game, with Mahomes at Qb, that’s another benefit, I think CEH won’t come cheap, but he won’t match his adp  

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Bell will be the goal line rb, that alone will garner some consideration that he might be more valuable, plus we know how good Bell is in the passing game, with Mahomes at Qb, that’s another benefit, I think CEH won’t come cheap, but he won’t match his adp  

Did Reid state Bell was their goal line guy?   We know Bell was good in the passing game 3 years ago.  I'm just playing devils advocate here a bit, but there are assumptions being made by the media and fantasy footballers.  

I've watched Clyde this year and see a special RB.  He has a twitchiness that few RB's have.  He's so quick and is a really good WR out of the backfield right now for KC.  No speculation, he's doing well.  I watched KC try to use him as a bruiser up the middle a few times on the goal line and he failed........mainly because I don't think he's that type of RB.  So maybe you're right that Bell will get a few power running options at the GL but I'm not sure how many.  Andy Reid does not run a power rush offense.....he always seems to have finesse type offenses......explosive big play offense.  But not grind it out.  

I just don't know how good of a fit Bell is, and I doubt Bell himself because I've witnessed plenty of laziness over the last 3 years from him.

Assumptions in ff keeps one ahead of the other owners.  I only see one rushing td credit to CEH, Bell will take that role.  

Yeap im on board.  

10 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

I sure hope the Clyde owner feels the same.

Based on what was is ADP, I really doubt it, most owners don’t like to revalue players during a season, I bet most CEH owners see the Bell move has not much of a threat, and last nights game makes his ADP value still as high as it was when he was drafted.  

Now not all owners fall into that trap, but a lot do. 

So far , haven’t heard from the CEH owner in my league.  

2 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

I dont disagree.  CEH has more motovation than ever before.

but as I mentioned earlier..... he needs to play like he did this week CONSISTENTLY if he wants to keep Bell off the field.

failure to do this opens the door to a very good player who can eat away at his touches over time.  

In that sense Weepaws is right.   the minute Bell gets a foothold, every bad game on the part of CEH likely increases Bells workload and decreases his.   So it is possible your best selling price is what you get for the guy today.   only exception is if the guy can put up 100+ yards and at least 1 TD each week.

I dont know how long he can keep this up.   I am kinda hoping he does , but off field issues aside, it is difficult to keep a guy like Bell off the field.   

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

I dont disagree.  CEH has more motovation than ever before.

but as I mentioned earlier..... he needs to play like he did this week CONSISTENTLY if he wants to keep Bell off the field.

failure to do this opens the door to a very good player who can eat away at his touches over time.  

In that sense Weepaws is right.   the minute Bell gets a foothold, every bad game on the part of CEH likely increases Bells workload and decreases his.   So it is possible your best selling price is what you get for the guy today.   only exception is if the guy can put up 100+ yards and at least 1 TD each week.

I dont know how long he can keep this up.   I am kinda hoping he does , but off field issues aside, it is difficult to keep a guy like Bell off the field.   

To your points:

-CEH has no more motivation than Bell.  

-Clyde has been pretty consistent.  When the OL isn't opening running lanes he's still done great receiving the ball.

-I question how much Bell is going to "eat into" Clyde's touches.  Clyde was drafted in the 1st......hand picked by Big Red for his offense.  Handing the starting role to a 2/3 year rental doesn't make sense to me.  Of course I could be missing something.

-These are the assumptions I'm talking about.  Bell is getting a "foothold" and if CEH does bad it increases Bells workload.  Bell hasn't done much since 2017, are we assuming he's suddenly going to flip a switch and be that good again?  

-It certainly wasn't difficult for the Jets to keep Bell off the field.  And no team was willing to trade for him.  

Honestly this is a very low cost rental for KC, and they're built to win now.  Also their other RB opted out of the season so KC may like the added depth.  But I don't believe in Bell much and when I watch Clyde I think he's special.  

I would be interested to hear what cmh6476 thinks about this situation.

ETA: Frank Gore just put up 11 carries for 46 yards rushing and 4 receptions for 24 yards as the NYJ RB.  Similar/better numbers to Bell.

9 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

To your points:

-I question how much Bell is going to "eat into" Clyde's touches.  Clyde was drafted in the 1st......hand picked by Big Red for his offense.  Handing the starting role to a 2/3 year rental doesn't make sense to me.  Of course I could be missing something.

------------------------

-It certainly wasn't difficult for the Jets to keep Bell off the field.  And no team was willing to trade for him. 

ETA: Frank Gore just put up 11 carries for 46 yards rushing and 4 receptions for 24 yards as the NYJ RB.  Similar/better numbers to Bell.

these are the points I will speak to:

Clyde was drafted in the first.   Bell was the best RB in the nfl bar none prior to going to New York.    proven production usually wins over potential and unless CEH actually produces like last week, he will gradually lose ground in this battle unless Bell also sucks.   not a scenario i see happening.

The jets kept Bell off the field because Bell is a jerk in the dressing room and fights with the coaches.   granted, losing probably was the catalist for this.   A losing organization tends to bring out malcontents.   you also need to remember this was the jets.  a losing team.  

Stats for RB's tend to suck on losing teams because the game script goes south in the second half.  and i'm not sure the pass game was ever good enough to get him the touches he needed to be productive there.

and if you are comparing Gore to Bell you need your head examined dude.     nothing personal, but this is not a fair comparison on any level.

5 hours ago, Ray_T said:

and if you are comparing Gore to Bell you need your head examined dude.     nothing personal, but this is not a fair comparison on any level.

Okay okay.  No reason to get crazy.   I get it Bell used to be at the top of the nfl.  And could revive his career even though he was a lazyass after getting paid and a malcontent.   The man is a clown but he's a talented clown.   He can definitely do things with KC now that he's motivated.   

My gore vs bell stats were just added to show what they were both doing with the jets.   I don't think gore is on bells level at this point in his career 

I'm worried about Bell poaching CEH TDs.  I don't think Bell will take over between the 20s but I do feel he will hurt CEHs value by taking over the goal line.  I don't think CEH has done well in short yardage.

I have CEH and would like to move him.  According to the Yahoo trade market, in one on one trades, CEH has gone for A Rodgers/R Jones/M Thomas/R Anderson/D Hopkins.  I think Rodgers/Jones/Anderson are too little.  My particular team needs a QB and I offered CEH for J  Allen and was rejected (I almost never do that for a QB).

I have L Bell in another league, and his value is pretty much rock bottom.  In one on one trades going for R Tonyan/K Allen/ and D Chark (congrats to the guy who got Chark for him).

I'm still very much trying to get CEH.  I know owners are looking for a way out right now.  Bell probably will steal some goal line carries but then again, KC is not a power team.  Carries from the 1?  Yes, but I think CEH may get more work than Bell owners think.  CEH with 1 TD so far is kind of a weird stat.  He's too talented in that offense and I think TD's could be coming.

Lol there is no question why KC would disrupt their rb situation, they need help. 

Bell will provide it both in the pass game and run game. 

Bell won’t surpass CEH as their rb1, but like the Browns , Hunt and Chubb situation, it will be frustrating weekly you’ll be the better play. 

Imo.  

Thanks. 

20 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

To your points:

-CEH has no more motivation than Bell.  

-Clyde has been pretty consistent.  When the OL isn't opening running lanes he's still done great receiving the ball.

-These are the assumptions I'm talking about.  Bell is getting a "foothold" and if CEH does bad it increases Bells workload.  Bell hasn't done much since 2017, are we assuming he's suddenly going to flip a switch and be that good again?  

Honestly this is a very low cost rental for KC, and they're built to win now.  Also their other RB opted out of the season so KC may like the added depth.  But I don't believe in Bell much and when I watch Clyde I think he's special.  

I would be interested to hear what cmh6476 thinks about this situation.

And Gore avg 3.1 yards per rush his previous four games. 

And Bell avg 3.2 in 2019. 

Right situation I think Bell could be very productive, and KC is a right situation. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

oh give me a break

Says every defensive coordinator who faces the Chiefs ever.

33 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

What is your take on Clyde vs Le'Veon?

I think we'll know soon.  I see both being involved part of the offense going forward.  I think you'll see both on the field at the same time.  It's also depth and protection should one get hurt.  And I think one will be the option relied more heavily on at the goal line.  It wouldn't surprise me if that was Bell after a couple weeks.

I think Bell is eased in as well.  Maybe 24 touches for CEH and 8 or so for Bell.  Then next week it might be an 18/14 split, until some point the load could be fairly well balanced.

So, who's firing him up for the "revenge game" against NYJ's this coming week?

38 minutes ago, stonewall said:

This could be a good move. 

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

I wouldn't.  It was pretty evident CEH is still the focal point of the ground game.  I expect more touches for Bell next week, but wouldn't expect him to exceed 10 total touches if he even gets that many.

2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I wouldn't.  It was pretty evident CEH is still the focal point of the ground game.  I expect more touches for Bell next week, but wouldn't expect him to exceed 10 total touches if he even gets that many.

I disagree. I think that was game one , with a new system, I expect more from Bell moving forward.  

CEH had three more touches then Bell. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

I disagree. I think that was game one , with a new system, I expect more from Bell moving forward.  

CEH had three more touches then Bell. 

There's aspects that it makes sense, but a lot more why it doesn't.  CEH has played well.  Why upset the rookie's mojo and confidence when things are going well.  Not to pimp another site, but a lot of homers weighing in about this here:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=334595

CEH as played well, no question, but Bell won’t replace him, Bell I think strengths their goal line run game , pass blocking , and pass rec, all three of those aspects Bell can help improve their run game.  

3 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

True.  but Coaches love motovating players.

i dont even like Bell that much due to his off field antics, but If I were the coach, I'd line him up for some extra duties against his former team.   This is the sort of move that will Get Bell involved and he wont give you attitude because he wants nothing more than to stick it to his old team to show they were wrong to dump him.

as Bell will require no added motovation this seems like a no brainer.

If Bell does get a lot of play in this game, it is for the above reason.  Not because CEH is losing the battle for playing time.  

It may even be explained that Bell gets extra carries this game but to play for CEH to have extra carries next game. 

Of course, If this sort of arrangement is made.... we wont know about it.  but its the sort of situation where it could happen.

17 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

There's aspects that it makes sense, but a lot more why it doesn't.  CEH has played well.  Why upset the rookie's mojo and confidence when things are going well.  Not to pimp another site, but a lot of homers weighing in about this here:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=334595

Didn't take the time to read every post, but most in that forum are stating the obvious.  Bell is a rental, he's not suddenly some superstar for the Chiefs.  He's depth that makes sense......if CEH were to get hurt KC would be really thin with quality depth, and they're gunning for another ring this year.  Getting Bell was a great move for them because he adds quality depth and he's extremely motivated to both win a ring and hopefully get another job next year.  That job won't be in KC because they already have their RB of the future.  He's also the guy of the present.  But they're doing Bell a big favor here and he knows it.  He also knows this is the end of the road if he doesn't show out.  

CEH has maybe had a few issues with short yardage but if you've watched him he is special.  I wouldn't be surprised if next year KC adds a cheap big dumb thumper to bash into the line in short yardage.  But CEH is a special weapon that Big Red can draw up mismatches with.  

I could see a scenario in which the Chiefs get way up and then rest CEH and allow Bell to run wild late in the second half. Andy Reid doesn't strike me as a revenge guy - he cares about the game plan and game script. That being said, I imagine the Chiefs get out to a large lead and Bell gets in but only because of the lead, not to share the load with CEH. Maybe a 70/30 split until that point?

10 hours ago, rotisserieking said:

I could see a scenario in which the Chiefs get way up and then rest CEH and allow Bell to run wild late in the second half. Andy Reid doesn't strike me as a revenge guy - he cares about the game plan and game script. That being said, I imagine the Chiefs get out to a large lead and Bell gets in but only because of the lead, not to share the load with CEH. Maybe a 70/30 split until that point?

this is exactly what I am thinking.  Bell gets 5 touches with the game undecided and then 10 in mop up duty.  against the jets