$16.99

Double Sirloin Tips

$17.49

NEW 8 Oz. Ribeye – Locally Sourced

$18.99 *Temporarily Out

NEW 12 Oz. Ribeye – Locally Sourced

$21.99

NEW 16 Oz. T-Bone – Locally Sourced

I did but it hasn’t been since I was little. I don’t remember what they have. Didn’t it used to be called Western Sizzler it is that another place? 

5 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I did but it hasn’t been since I was little. I don’t remember what they have. Didn’t it used to be called Western Sizzler it is that another place? 

That was before the fall of the Soviet Union. Now it's just Sizzler. Like Germany.

There are a few in the Savannah area.  I have not been for a few years but I have been there about 5 times in 20 years. Basically a buffet where you can add a steak.  They are ok but when I go out I would rather have a nice meal not a lot of canned and fried food.  I remember liking the chicken but I do not go out to get chicken.   When I taught at a technical college I would take the advanced classes out for breakfast or lunch on our last day and they chose it a few times.  They had a nice breakfast buffet if I remember. 

No Sizzler here. Maybe Ponderosa once or twice. Buffets were big when I was HS, Horn and Horn, my friends and I used to go a lot. They were wasted on me though,  because I just could not eat that much.

19 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Like 30 years ago maybe. Sizzler, ponderosa... Wasn't there one bonanza or something?

I think Bonanza is the northern name for Ponderosa, Like Hardee's and Carl Jr's 

Haven't seen one in the south in decades. Like others have said, went as a kid. It was more a cheap family meal. My childhood family was too poor though. I usually went with my friend down the street and his divorce mom and her new boyfriend and we'd get the kids meal. Think certain days kids ate free.

As an adult I would never go to these places. My standards are higher in food and women. If I ever suggested taking my wife there, even when we dated she would have dumped me or started laughing.   

17 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Haven't seen one in the south in decades. Like others have said, went as a kid. It was more a cheap family meal. My childhood family was too poor though. I usually went with my friend down the street and his divorce mom and her new boyfriend and we'd get the kids meal. Think certain days kids ate free.

As an adult I would never go to these places. My standards are higher in food and women. If I ever suggested taking my wife there, even when we dated she would have dumped me or started laughing.   

Yeah, I haven't seen one in tennesse in decades. I think golden coral and Ryan's killed them in the "shambling fatty feeding trough market."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ron 'Tator Salad' White said:

Like Hardee's and Carl Jr's 

Hardee's owned Roy Rogers, and changed the name to locally to Hardee's but served the same food as RR and failed miserably.  Then tried to change it back, but the damage was done. Don't mess with people's FF.

That was a holiday feast for pocolts.   

What ever happened to that wheelchair riding motherfucker?  He had to pisss away his inheritance by now.  :unsure:

Never heard of sizzler :ninja:

:edit: to be technically accurate I probably have heard of them, but did not pay attention at the time.

Business meetings in the early 80's was such a simpler time. Do we live a little and head out to Sizzler or, just eat right here at the Howard Johnson's restaurant which has the good glass ashtrays. 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Like 30 years ago maybe. Sizzler, ponderosa... Wasn't there one bonanza or something?

Yea back in the 70s/80s, we had a Sizzler and Bonanza.. The Bonanza was great - really liked it. 

There is one close to LAX.

Ponderosa, Bonanza, Sizzler all were very very popular at one point as a place where you can get a lot of varied meals in buffet style.   Boston Market killed them all because BM offered buffet-style that was of MUCH higher quality.  So it became embarrassing to eat at the others.  Then BM started specializing in pre-orders for carry out.  Boston Market to this day will have a huge line out the door on holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas where people pick up their dinner and take it home to the family. 

So the current state of affairs is:

Sizzler: embarrassing
Boston Market: acceptable
Ponderosa: bankrupt
Bonanza: bankrupt

The customer base still exists, they just go to Boston Market now.

YES......and got a nasty case of the sh!ts!

Visiting my Aunt & Uncle we went out to eat, it didn't hit me until about 3 in the morning and I spent the next 2-3 hours in the bathroom, only to piss off my Uncle because he had to go to work lol. I pretty much destroyed their bathroom and made him late for work, never saw him again. :( 

6 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Can't say that I have. Is it a buffet or...?

After promotions, such as all-you-can-eat fried shrimp, the chain expanded its salad bar into a full buffet promoted as the "Buffet Court." Patrons began to use the buffet as a meal instead of an add-on to an entree. In response, Sizzler lowered the quality in other menu areas.
Products: Steak, seafood, salads
Headquarters: Mission Viejo, California, U.S.
Key people: James A. Collins, CEO (1967–1999)