Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

CEH & Bell situation

How much negative impact will Bell have on CEH's numbers? I've already lost DAK...picked up cousins(I have Theilen). My team is deep due to trades..1/2 ppr 10 teamer. Start 3wr,2 rb, 1te, 1wr/te flex,1 wr/rb flex.

Team: wr-Hopkins, Theilen, OBJ, Diggs, Aiyuk, M.Williams, Diontae Johnson 

rb- CEH, Mixon, Gaskin, Gibson, Edmonds 

With the Bell situation, does it make sense to shop CEH now? 

Yes 

I don't know why KC picked up Bell. Maybe Reid likes challenges? I think by the time Bell learns the playbook enough to get on the field, his attitude will make Reid cut him again.

I'm sure CEH's lack of goal line success in week one is the entire driving force behind this move. Reid needs a GL back to sell his other options in his GL offense. Watching Mahomes run in 2 TD's the last 2 weeks must give Reid nightmares after that dislocated Knee Cap last year.

Still, that's a lot of $$$ to give a disposable RB to just run in the ball from the 1 yard line. SO any attitude at all from Bell and he's back in the FA market.

JMHO

Have a guy in my league that has Kamara, Drake, Mostert, Moss

Woods, Schuster, Gallup, Jefferson, Galladay, Harry...2-3 record. 

Would a proposed trade of CEH & either Aiyuk or Diontae Johnson for Drake & Galloday benefit me or should I just stand pat with CEH? 

I'm in the minority that think it might not hurt CEH that much.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (66% snap rate, 108 opportunities)
Darrel Williams (27%, 22)

I think it hurts Darrel Williams the most...his usage percentage will drop to next to none.

CEH though...will drop a bit, but I don't think a whole lot.  Might in fact help CEH a bit...by keeping drives going by converting on 3rd downs with Bell as a passing option.

Maybe the usage goes to 

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (56% snap rate)
Le'Veon Bell (42% snap rate)

That's the current breakup of usage of Green Bay's backs (Jones and Williams).  And Jones isn't at all hurt by this.

Even it gets switched around to Bell getting the 56%.....CEH will still be valuable.

1 hour ago, Nomad99 said:

Have a guy in my league that has Kamara, Drake, Masterton, Moss

Woods, Schuster, Gallup, Jefferson, Galladay, Harry...2-3 record. 

Would a proposed trade of CEH & either Aiyuk or Diontae Johnson for Drake & Galloday benefit me or should I just stand pat with CEH? 

I think so

20 minutes ago, bgard72 said:

I'm in the minority that think it might not hurt CEH that much.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (66% snap rate, 108 opportunities)
Darrel Williams (27%, 22)

I think it hurts Darrel Williams the most...his usage percentage will drop to next to none.

CEH though...will drop a bit, but I don't think a whole lot.  Might in fact help CEH a bit...by keeping drives going by converting on 3rd downs with Bell as a passing option.

Maybe the usage goes to 

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (56% snap rate)
Le'Veon Bell (42% snap rate)

That's the current breakup of usage of Green Bay's backs (Jones and Williams).  And Jones isn't at all hurt by this.

Even it gets switched around to Bell getting the 56%.....CEH will still be valuable.

I disagree, Bell is better then Willams , and will be much more involved then Williams is or was.  

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I disagree, Bell is better then Willams , and will be much more involved then Williams is or was.  

Yes, as I said, he should be able to take more snaps than Williams has been taking.  But the reports of Bell looking slow practices before the season and just not hitting the holes like he used to coupled with his recent hamstring injury and his number of touches are just short of LeSean McCoy for the most in active RB's...don't bode well for him.

5 hours ago, Nomad99 said:

How much negative impact will Bell have on CEH's numbers? I've already lost DAK...picked up cousins(I have Theilen). My team is deep due to trades..1/2 ppr 10 teamer. Start 3wr,2 rb, 1te, 1wr/te flex,1 wr/rb flex.

Team: wr-Hopkins, Theilen, OBJ, Diggs, Aiyuk, M.Williams, Diontae Johnson 

rb- CEH, Mixon, Gaskin, Gibson, Edmonds 

With the Bell situation, does it make sense to shop CEH now? 

It makes sense to shop CEH now, but I’m not sure you’ll get market value for him. Maybe you could get a Chubb, Ekeler type if you’re confident of a playoff push later in the season, those guys could put you over the edge. Otherwise you’re fine at WR and it’s probably wiser to hold and see what happens.

13 minutes ago, show me the murray said:

It makes sense to shop CEH now, but I’m not sure you’ll get market value for him. Maybe you could get a Chubb, Ekeler type if you’re confident of a playoff push later in the season, those guys could put you over the edge. Otherwise you’re fine at WR and it’s probably wiser to hold and see what happens.

Thinking about offering CEH & Aiyuk for Drake & Galloday.....and then trying to pick up Stafford. 

1 minute ago, Nomad99 said:

Thinking about offering CEH & Aiyuk for Drake & Galloday.....and then trying to pick up Stafford. 

You’re upgrading purely based on the fact Golladay > Aiyuk, but if you think Drake is going to be an upgrade on CEH then you might be mistaken. 

In fact, Drake and Edmonds’ split might be the best comp right now for what to expect from CEH/Bell.

I would shop CEH if he goes off this week vs BUFF. Bell's carries will be minimum dur to learning blizt pickups/playbook.

If you shop him this week other owners will know it's out of desperation and fear. Most will offer you .80 on the $1.00 

2 hours ago, bgard72 said:

Yes, as I said, he should be able to take more snaps than Williams has been taking.  But the reports of Bell looking slow practices before the season and just not hitting the holes like he used to coupled with his recent hamstring injury and his number of touches are just short of LeSean McCoy for the most in active RB's...don't bode well for him.

Yes you did, but I think Bell is better then Williams.  

So that would mean , I expect more production from Bell ,  so I think this move for Bell bodes well for him. 

You also said this move might not hurt CEH that much, and I disagree. 

Yes, of course it bodes well for Bell as far as beating out Darryl Williams.  I never argued that one...in fact, said Darryl's snap rate would be next to nothing.

As far as CEH goes...I don't think bell gets that much more than 33% of snaps.  Maybe up to the 42% mark, like Williams gets in Green Bay.  And that's if Bell is healthy and looks good...a big if with his performance this year and the miles he's put on.

FF goes, I think a CEH owner is going to be frustrated. 

CEH was drafted in the first round, rb1, he already has fallen short of his adp, and now he has true competition.  

28 minutes ago, weepaws said:

FF goes, I think a CEH owner is going to be frustrated. 

CEH was drafted in the first round, rb1, he already has fallen short of his adp, and now he has true competition.  

Sadly I have to agree. I have him and turned down Chubb for him a few weeks ago before he got hurt. If he were healthy now I couldn't get that deal.

Bell went from the worst off teams to one of the best off teams  as soon as he learns the playbook he will cut into  CEH touches quite a bit .