Sign in to follow this  
Mike Isles

I want the Dodgers to win the World Series

Just now, Mike Isles said:

Sorry. It’s my Red Sox side showing face

Joe West could have called him out. The only time in his career his fat ass was in the right position. 

Roberts might get fired if they don't make the world series due to game 4 in the NLCS.  Kershaw is a 6 inning pitcher.  Everyone knows this.  The moment he starts to falter mid-late game, you pull him.  Roberts let him keep pitching while Dodger fans everywhere were screaming and Kershaw imploded. 

Fock the Dodgers.  In the time it took me to type this I think they signed another former MVP to a nine figure contract.  Competitive structure MLB has there.  :thumbsdown:

5 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Fock the Dodgers.  In the time it took me to type this I think they signed another former MVP to a nine figure contract.  Competitive structure MLB has there.  :thumbsdown:

I also hate the Braves. But I hear you Jerry. It’s like I call them the  Yankmee$

Atlanta needs a win, stop it!

Go Braves!

15 hours ago, jerryskids said:

The Dodgers have had a massive competitive advantage with money for 2 decades and can't win a ring.  Think about that!  That's the thing tho, the Dodgers have tons of money and spend it but don't buy the right type of team.  The most reliable way to win rings is to have a deadly bullpen (hopefully a nightmare lefty or two) and shorten the game to 5 innings.  If you can't beat the starter in 5 innings, you have lost because the bullpen is untouchable.  This is how the Yankees won those rings in the 1990s.  The Dodgers buy starting pitching, they buy big bats, but they actually skimp on the bullpen.  So they have to play 9 inning games instead of 5.

Technically the Dodgers don't have a closer right now.  I don't know how you win a ring like this.

10 minutes ago, riversco said:

Well here we are.  Dodgers with the lead late in NLCS game 7, a questionable bullpen and no closer.

I can’t root against Bellinger, he is a local product who also represented us in the Little League World Series (for Chandler, AZ).  The rest of them can choke on a bag of d1cks tho.  :thumbsup:

Arozarena is a good story, but the rest of the Rays offense hasn’t been great. I think Lowe had a decent reg season, but nobody else did.  

Their starting rotation is pretty good, but that Dodgers’ lineup is stacked.  

Betts and Bellinger get the press, but Seager is hitting well again. Muncy, Turner, Hernandez and Taylor are also solid.  

Kershaw and Buehler have nagging injuries so they might need to rely on their bullpen, which is a little better than the Rays’ group. 

I don’t care who wins, but this looks like a good matchup to me.     

16 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Congrats Dodgers.  :mellow:

ditto

As some may know, I'm a Pirates fan, not Rays.  That said, I hope Tampa wins.  I like seeing teams who spend $60M beat the teams who spend $260M.  Plus, it'll be nice for the city of Tampa to go 3 for 3 in the Championships this year.  😉

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

As some may know, I'm a Pirates fan, not Rays.  That said, I hope Tampa wins.  I like seeing teams who spend $60M beat the teams who spend $260M.  Plus, it'll be nice for the city of Tampa to go 3 for 3 in the Championships this year.  😉

Excellent Smithers

Saw a story where this is the first time the 2 cities that won the NBA and NHL championship are playing in the WS

11 hours ago, nospk said:

Saw a story where this is the first time the 2 cities that won the NBA and NHL championship are playing in the WS

Maybe. 
In 1969 Mets and Jets won WS and SB Vs Baltimore 

MLB NFL

***Jets Technically 68 team but SB played in 69