Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Favorite Bread Based Dessert

You know, cakes cobblers hell, let's include Donuts. maybe not desert per say as much as sweets. Just so we can rule out things like sandwiches.

Used to love me a good bread pudding.

But these days? I'm a huge fan of tres leches. Close second is Fritter. Preferably Apple.

Never been that much into pie. Pecan is good. But most of them? Nah.

Still bread pudding.  I use croissants for mine.  Used to change flavor profile weekly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Still bread pudding.  I use croissants for mine.  Used to change flavor profile weekly.

Gonna have to say the same. Love a good bread pudding 

Fried Bread Dough, doused in sugar. 

11 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Love me some fresh/hot peach cobbler. :wub:

Or some warm apple pie ;) 

Apple cobbler. My mom used to make it for me whenever I was in town. I tried to make it myself recently, didn't go as well. The sh!tty chinese brand apple filing I have sucks.

17 hours ago, peenie said:

Peach cobbler

16 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Love me some fresh/hot peach cobbler. :wub:

This with a scoop or three of French Vanilla Ice cream

• Thanks 1

Lover of all things cake and pie. Favorite cake is tres leches, it’s just so moist and milky. Can’t go wrong with a dark chocolate cake with chocolate frosting though. For pie I’d say cherry, apple, berry and pumpkin. Never been a big fan of Pecan but others love it.

A secret hack for lazy people is to make dump cake. You can google it but all you do is lay out your favorite pie goo or fruit in a baking pan, dump a box of dry cake mix from the store over it and grate butter all over the top. Pop in the oven for like 45 min and it comes out a delicious cobbler type thing. 

German Chocolate Cake is also good but rarely done well. The cake is almost always too dry.

I absolutely LOVE cherry pie.  If there is one thing that grinds my gears the most, it might be that it is impossible to find a good cherry pie these days.  Its like everyone is serving apple pie if they serve pie at all.  I am beyond sick of apple pie.  Its like the only option you get anymore.  Apple pie is the devil.  I think I crossed over to the point where any dessert with apple is a hard pass.  It is EVERYWHERE!

21 hours ago, peenie said:

German Chocolate Cake is also good but rarely done well. The cake is almost always too dry.

Good old Mom(36 Low) makes me one every year for my birthday 👍

• Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 8:48 PM, jerryskids said:

Tiramisu, then bread pudding

Just saw a headline that apparently there's a Tiramisu warning off the coast of Alaska.