Sign in to follow this  
erikthebassist

Lamb or Cooper

Or both and bench mclaurin?

I have AJ Brown back. I'm planning to start mclaurin against the giants,  but can be talked out of it. That leaves either Cooper or Lamb. Does anybody know enough about how each matches up with the Cards secondary?

I'm gonna say Lamb seems like the kind of guy a Red Rifle would gravitate towards--also Big 12 family.  Picking either one is better than playing both, though.

It's a close call, but I would actually start Lamb.

Cooper is probably going up against Patrick Peterson, which is not good. Cooper isn't the most consistent WR either. He probably has a little more upside though, especially in PPR.

Lamb has been quite consistent this season and has steadily gotten better. I don't know who he will match up with, but it's got to be better than Patrick Peterson.

Lamb plays a lot inf the slot, Cooper, more the outside, but they both move around.

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I'm gonna say Lamb seems like the kind of guy a Red Rifle would gravitate towards--also Big 12 family.  Picking either one is better than playing both, though.

Not always. There have been a couple of games where both of these two scored big.

Just depends on the other options

46 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Not always.

There aren't a lot of "always"s out there, but as a rule, playing both WRs from the same team tends to raise your floor but lower your ceiling.  It's less likely that both will bust, but it's also less likely that both can have huge days, as WRs from different teams could easily do.

Well I already played McLaurin. 14.4 pts, so not a bust. I'm up by 17.6 and all he has left is T Hill. I think I'm safe either way but just because Lamb has been a little hotter than amaeri lately I'm going to go with him. The peterson advice is solid too, thanks Polecatt!

I would pick Cooper.  

But I think Gallup might have the best game of those three WRs.