Sign in to follow this  
Stu82

You consider this a fair trade offer?

First off I play in a deep 16 team league so RB's in general are far more difficult to keep and find via waiver or otherwise.   I'm considering offering Mike Evans (currently 4th overall in my league scoring at WR) and Brian Hill for Michael Thomas.    The guy I'd be offering it to also has Todd Gurley so he'd still be getting a top end WR (again #4 overall WR pts right now) and a very big insurance policy in Hill for the almost inevitable injury to Gurley at some point.  

Thomas' recent internal flare up and his ankle both still concern me a little bit.   Do you think this is a fair offer and would you do it if me?

Well sure, anyone would do that.  But usually the guy who has stashed the consensus #1 overall WR for a month while he returns from injury is probably not going to be willing to give him up on the eve of his return for a couple of guys who touch the ball maybe once or twice a game.

But sure, if you can somehow drug him or hypnotize him to the point that he agrees to it, more power to you.

Trust me, if you've never played in a 14-16 team league and are typically use to a 10-12 league, I really don't think the offer is that far fetched.   Getting a top 5-10 WR (currently 4th in pts overall) and a pretty big handcuff-insurance RB in a league that is very weak at RB's in return for arguably the best WR (but still dinged up) imo is not that much of a stretch.   Most teams in this league are fortunate to have 1 reliable back let alone two, especially when some are starting the JD McKissic's and D'ernest Johnson's of the league as one of your backs by week 6.  Granted, I would do the deal on my part but just don't think it's that one sided a deal.  That being said, appreciate the input!

I don’t think it’s a bad deal, I’m in a 14 team non ppr, and your right OP , finding Rbs is tough.  

But it comes down to Evans vs Thomas for this other owner, even though your are adding Hill.  

Make the offer and see what happens. 

2 hours ago, Stu82 said:

Most teams in this league are fortunate to have 1 reliable back let alone two, especially when some are starting the JD McKissic's and D'ernest Johnson's of the league as one of your backs by week 6.

Yeah, Brian Hill is a huge upgrade...

He's not being offered as an upgrade but solely as a handcuff to Gurley which is a pretty strong handcuff & insurance policy imo.  He loses Gurley and is down one for sure starting RB as opposed to having both and a top 5-10 WR.    

1 minute ago, Stu82 said:

He's not being offered as an upgrade but solely as a handcuff to Gurley which is a pretty strong handcuff & insurance policy imo.  He loses Gurley and is down one for sure starting RB as opposed to having both and a top 5-10 WR.

Dunno why you're arguing with me; I'm not the one you have to convince.  If you get him to make the trade, great; I'm just trying to prepare you for the rejection.

I doubt they accept after a 2 target game. And Evans has 4 or less targets a game when Godwin is playing.