Sign in to follow this  
LoOnAtIk

Kenyan Drake

Let’s hear the stories. 

I traded for him on Thursday. Going into Monday night I was down 20 vs Mahomes and Tyreek. I had Kelce and Drake thinking it was hopeless. Kelce caught both of Mahomes TDs so I just needed 18-19 from drake lol. 

I basically thought it was over and I lost before the garbage time long run TD. Wow what a finish to a fantasy week.

Drake won me the league last year. Somebody dropped him and I sat on him for weeks. Kinda who he is. He'll have more big games along with some bad.

Last season, that 4 TD Drake game, ended up beating this jugernaunt team by 2 pts in the playoffs. Who effin scores 4 TD's in a game. I don't feel bad about it though. Same happen to me but with a 24 pt kicker which is probably the most brutal way to lose.

He's not great, but if the OL gives him something obvious he can burst through it.  Last night he was facing a team that has given up.  That helped a lot.

With trade deadlines coming up real soon, if our own him, maybe one should think about shopping him.  

49 minutes ago, weepaws said:

With trade deadlines coming up real soon, if our own him, maybe one should think about shopping him.  

he could be a sell high.   obviously it depends on your league.   I still view him as a player whose value could be high or low depending on who you talk to.   

But if I owned him and someone gave me a really good offer on him I'd have to strongly consider taking it.

Even with his monster game last night. He still didn't do anything in the receiving category.

That's a concern because that was one of his main strengths going into the season.

He's not going to face the Cowboys again, so expect his usual, low flex level numbers going forward.

He's definitely a sell high candidate coming off his big game but do it now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

Even with his monster game last night. He still didn't do anything in the receiving category.

That's a concern because that was one of his main strengths going into the season.

He's not going to face the Cowboys again, so expect his usual, low flex level numbers going forward.

He's definitely a sell high candidate coming off his big game but do it now.

agreed.   but you also have to have a buyer.  hes the kind of guy who may only have one or two players in your league who want him.   and if they are loaded at RB already you are likely out of luck trying to sell high.

I, for one, wouldnt overpay for a guy like this unless I had serious need of a RB.   to that end If I was gonna overpay, I'd probably try to find a different option than this guy.

10 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

agreed.   but you also have to have a buyer.  hes the kind of guy who may only have one or two players in your league who want him.   and if they are loaded at RB already you are likely out of luck trying to sell high.

I, for one, wouldnt overpay for a guy like this unless I had serious need of a RB.   to that end If I was gonna overpay, I'd probably try to find a different option than this guy.

Yeah, he's definitely that sort, the kind that could be difficult to get a decent deal with.

I think he's more of a package deal kind of guy.

46 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If I were a Drake owner, there'll never be a better time to sell than now.

That's what I'm looking to do, just having a hard time finding a good deal.

7 hours ago, polecatt said:

Yeah, he's definitely that sort, the kind that could be difficult to get a decent deal with.

I think he's more of a package deal kind of guy.

well, 2 for 1 deals are also hard to put together as well.   not impossible.

good luck

Keep him. Where else are you going to find a RB getting that much work. He's also fast. One move and he's gone. He's going to break more of those. Not many RB's can do it.

14 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Keep him. Where else are you going to find a RB getting that much work. He's also fast. One move and he's gone. He's going to break more of those. Not many RB's can do it.

I lost Chubb and there are a lot of primary RBs injured this year so we see a mix of RB committees. I have no real choice to hold on and hope he gets more targets in the passing game making him a more valuable hold. 

15 hours ago, Ray_T said:

well, 2 for 1 deals are also hard to put together as well.   not impossible.

good luck

That's usually how I have the most success, but still not the easiest deal this time

Whatʻs interesting is the fact that they gave him 20 carries, being that they are primarily a passing team.  Thatʻs 20 carries, with a capable 3rd down/back up rb (Edmonds) right behind you.  Sure looks to me that Arizona appears committed to Drake and will keep feeding him the ball.  The last time he had 20 carries (against Washington), he averaged 4.3 yards a carry and even got 2 targets (just like this week).

Iʻm thinking that as they get closer to the playoffs and if they want to keep Kyler Murray healthy and on his feet, they will need a running game... and right now, the guy is Kendrick Drake.  And surprise, surprise... if the O line can somehow pop him a big enough hole, Drake will take it to the house and give you a GOOD fantasy game.  Sometimes, all he needs is that one pop.  I saw it happen a few times last year too.

That was the second game this season they gave Drake 20 att, plus twice he had 18. 

Drake is currently 5th in rushing att, he’s on pace to have 280 for the season. 

Those 280 would be 100 more rush att than he’s had in any other season. 

If anything we might see more of Edmonds to save Drake for the playoffs, only way they can protect Murray is to sit him, that’s not going to happen any time soon.  

35 minutes ago, weepaws said:

That was the second game this season they gave Drake 20 att, plus twice he had 18. 

Drake is currently 5th in rushing att, he’s on pace to have 280 for the season. 

Those 280 would be 100 more rush att than he’s had in any other season. 

If anything we might see more of Edmonds to save Drake for the playoffs, only way they can protect Murray is to sit him, that’s not going to happen any time soon.  

I think the biggest ting with Drake, he's always gotten a lot of his points catching the ball.

This season though, through 6 games he has 6 receptions for 22 yds and no scores. That's the big concern. They aren't going to him at all in the passing game. Maybe he still gets it going at some point, but until he does, it's a big disappointment

51 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I think the biggest ting with Drake, he's always gotten a lot of his points catching the ball.

This season though, through 6 games he has 6 receptions for 22 yds and no scores. That's the big concern. They aren't going to him at all in the passing game. Maybe he still gets it going at some point, but until he does, it's a big disappointment

The catches are not there but he's getting decent volume and with his speed, all he needs is one jail break which happens every 3-4 games. It ain't great but where else is that volume outside a few RB's. They could also start using him more in passing down the stretch. I would hang on to him. He was a league winner last year late. I think he's undervalued. No Kamara but damn, good luck find a replacement.

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

I agree he’s not the low rb1 or high rb 2 he was drafted to be. 

And I think it could get worst, I think Edmonds might see more att as the season goes on. 

I mean 280 att is a lot for a rb who’s highest was 170.  

Drake right now, as one less target than Mccaffery.  

I hope he can get it going in the passing game.

The things is in my league, it's PPR and you don't really get many points for rushing yards until they get to 100, so consistently just getting 60-70 yards and 1 catch isn't worth much at all.

We do get big bonuses though for long TD plays so, if he can keep breaking long runs every so often, it's big

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/cardinals-kenyan-drake-gets-good-news-from-x-rays/

MRI will tell the tale, but I just don't see how they can keep Chase off the field after last night's performance. He's obviously the best fit for this offense.

Chase Edmonds had a 88.8 PFF grade in Week 7

Highest among all RBs

8 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

He may well have lost his job by then, if Chase continues to shine. I'll also add Schefty's report:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Kenyan Drake (ankle) is expected to miss "a few weeks."

Advice: Drake is reportedly dealing with a slight tear to a ligament in his ankle — an injury the Cardinals are treating as a high-ankle sprain. The team hasn't released a hard timetable for his return just yet, but fantasy players should expect to be without Drake's services through Arizona's short turnaround on Thursday, November 19 (Week 11). Chase Edmonds, who should suddenly be universally rostered, is expected to lead John Daigle's Waiver Wire column as the top pickup ahead of the team's Week 8 bye.

More: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Maybe he will do better when he gets back with Edmonds the RB1.

Apparently Drake does better in the complimentary role

1 hour ago, Cyclone2016 said:

Too bad.  I will miss Drake's style of running right at the largest D-lineman... avoiding holes and yardage.  Gaps are for sissies.

Lol oh my soul, classic.  

22 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Looking like Drake might play this week?

His saving grace is that Edmonds looked terrible vs Dolphins.

HAHA, I'm gonna drop Big John Taylor for Drake-what do I have to lose? Taylor is proven to be such an overrated bust it's a joke. Drake has more promise than Taylor, I think he'll do good things before this season is over.

1 hour ago, Mike FF Today said:

On 10/26/2020 at 4:33 PM, Cyclone2016 said:

I will miss Drake's style of running right at the largest D-lineman... avoiding holes and yardage.

So, does that mean in order to active he'll have to show that he can run right at the largest D-lineman and avoid holes and yardage? 

:lol::lol::lol: