Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Buck and Aikman on the Jets

Aikman is right when he says it ain’t happening with a Kamala/Biden ticket because we will have a skeleton crew for our national defense.

Buck and Aikman on the Jets? 

I think not, there is no truth nor stats to back up the heading of this thread.  

Hate on them if you want (and I normally do), but this is spot on... people furloughed, economy on the ropes and you fly this out over a nearly empty stadium... the NFL is tone deaf

• Like 1

Yeah, how dare we show a little pride in our military, not to mention a little extra fly-time for our military pilots. Don't mind my tax dollars supporting that.

Doesn't anyone find it odd what he said about that not happening anymore under Biden/Harris? Modern Dems certainly have no issues spending money like drunken sailors....and Repubs aren't much better. So, is he implying that the Liberals, as opposed to Conservatives,  have no use/respect for the military? Have we reached a point where Dems just cede that point?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rallo said:

Hate on them if you want (and I normally do), but this is spot on... people furloughed, economy on the ropes and you fly this out over a nearly empty stadium... the NFL is tone deaf

It's still televised.  Also, that counts as flight hours for pilots mandatory training time.  They're going to be flying anyway... why does it matter where they fly?  Being televised has more value as the Air Force can use that for recruiting.  There's no downside to doing them.  Clearly Buck and Aikman aren't smart enough to know that... it's why their job is to talk about hobbies and not real life.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, rallo said:

As wasteful as some people may find the flyovers, they do serve a function. Per Newsweek, they count towards mandatory training that pilots must undergo on a regular basis. They also serve as a major recruiting advertisement for the U.S. Air Force.

Needless to say, Buck and Aikman didn’t exactly get widespread support for their shared hot take. Comments and retweets across the internet are trashing the FOX duo for seemingly disrespecting the troops and showing some ignorance

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Comments and retweets across the internet are trashing the FOX duo

And they're absolutely right for doing so.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:00 PM, stonewall said:

Yeah, how dare we show a little pride in our military, not to mention a little extra fly-time for our military pilots. Don't mind my tax dollars supporting that.

Doesn't anyone find it odd what he said about that not happening anymore under Biden/Harris? Modern Dems certainly have no issues spending money like drunken sailors....and Repubs aren't much better. So, is he implying that the Liberals, as opposed to Conservatives,  have no use/respect for the military? Have we reached a point where Dems just cede that point?

Don't even try. If a poster is willing to make that statement without knowing any training time facts. Forget about it. They won't understand anything you say.

On 10/20/2020 at 7:00 PM, stonewall said:

Yes I think they do.