Sign in to follow this  
TheNewGirl

BLM Leader Says, "We Need to be Armed"

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020/10/21/blm-sacramento-gun-training/?fbclid=IwAR1kJf9-iYJtUFtXGLUYdeSiAGD4DWwHF0rreJRQyUl4xH8-u6hDxjNZKyQ

The Founder of BLM Sacramento put a message out on the group’s Facebook page asking for sponsors to pay for 10 people to get firearm training. The money would go towards anyone in the black community that is looking to sign up to learn about gun safety. The course would cover teaching everything from how to hold, clean, safely store and shoot a gun.

“I want us to be independent from the system and I want us to be educated and informed on what we are doing,” she explained.

Faison says gun education has nothing to do with their protest efforts, but she feels a necessary step for protection in situations including someone breaking into your home or attacks from white supremacists, for those who choose to apply for a concealed carry license.

“We need to be armed, we need to be safe, we are citizens here, we have equal rights here, the second amendment is our right too,” she said.

The Assistant Professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice believes more people arming themselves does not mean a safer community.

“In the beginning, there is going to be a lot of testing and trying people out. It’s going to lead to an increased amount of violence,” he said. “Two people have a gun, they may end up shooting it out when they would have normally called the police and no shots may have been.”

Let us have our 2nd Amendment Rights (you already do). You can apply for a gun and CCW just like the rest of us. 

You already have 2nd Amendment Rights. Nothing is stopping you from getting a gun legally. Unless it's money. Guns are $$ and difficult to come by right now; sales are up nearly 100% this year. We want guns, but take them away from cops. We will be cool. We promise. 

And the US sinks a little further into total madness :(

If Trump wins, (and I hope he does) people, especially those that live in medium sized cities & up, should be prepared for the worst.

Think it's bad now? Wait till Whites are the minority and every textbook says that we enslaved, tortured and dominated their ancestors. Fock BLM, let's separate.

I don't have problems with BLM. 

But it's worded like they are being denied 2nd Amendment rights. They aren't. They can go get legal guns and CCWs just like the rest of us. It's CA so it's a pain in the ass to get a CCW. Nothing is stopping them from following the rules. 

Just now, TheNewGirl said:

But it's worded like they are being denied 2nd Amendment rights. They aren't. They can go get legal guns and CCWs just like the rest of us. It's CA so it's a pain in the ass to get a CCW. Nothing is stopping them from following the rules. 

Oh no no no.  They will make it sound like their gun rights are being denied.  They will always play the victim.

7 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

You're okay with them burning, looting and terrorizing America the last 6 months?

46 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020/10/21/blm-sacramento-gun-training/?fbclid=IwAR1kJf9-iYJtUFtXGLUYdeSiAGD4DWwHF0rreJRQyUl4xH8-u6hDxjNZKyQ

Let us have our 2nd Amendment Rights (you already do). You can apply for a gun and CCW just like the rest of us. 

You already have 2nd Amendment Rights. Nothing is stopping you from getting a gun legally. Unless it's money. Guns are $$ and difficult to come by right now; sales are up nearly 100% this year. We want guns, but take them away from cops. We will be cool. We promise. 

there is a difference between "Let us have our 2nd Amendment Rights" and “We need to be armed, we need to be safe, we are citizens here, we have equal rights here, the second amendment is our right too,” she said.  I think you are just incorrectly inferring what she is saying.  I haven't kept up on what BLM the group is saying though, so maybe this is related to some other comments.  I also don't support the BLM movement as whole.  

1 hour ago, riversco said:

Oh no no no.  They will make it sound like their gun rights are being denied.  They will always play the victim.

Systematic racism, obviously.  

Im all for people exercising their 2A rights and, as such, I think it's great that she is advocating gun safety, the proper handling of and proficiency in shooting firearms.

However, BLM is a Marxist organization. She should understand that if BLM gets what they want, there will be no more 2A. 

So, give up the BLM buIIshit and just learn proper gun safety so you can exercise your 2A rights like the rest of us.  

• Like 1

My wife has always had an issue with guns in general, but has tolerated my affinity for them because of my military background and my approach toward them.  I even managed to get her out to a range a couple of times, and she did enjoy it.

Recently she has been asking me about the inventory, amount of ammo, how they might be used if groups of people were to range into the neighborhood......pretty startling change.

I think I will take her out to the indoor range again soon, let her sample the array of hand guns to see which ones she likes, get her well-practiced with them.  Then get her to an outdoor range for some rifle training too.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

My wife has always had an issue with guns in general, but has tolerated my affinity for them because of my military background and my approach toward them.  I even managed to get her out to a range a couple of times, and she did enjoy it.

Recently she has been asking me about the inventory, amount of ammo, how they might be used if groups of people were to range into the neighborhood......pretty startling change.

I think I will take her out to the indoor range again soon, let her sample the array of hand guns to see which ones she likes, get her well-practiced with them.  Then get her to an outdoor range for some rifle training too.

Same. 

We've never had a firearm in our home; that changed earlier this year. 

20 hours ago, Herbivore said:

there is a difference between "Let us have our 2nd Amendment Rights" and “We need to be armed, we need to be safe, we are citizens here, we have equal rights here, the second amendment is our right too,” she said.  I think you are just incorrectly inferring what she is saying.  I haven't kept up on what BLM the group is saying though, so maybe this is related to some other comments.  I also don't support the BLM movement as whole.  

I am taking what she is saying literally; none of her rights are being denied. She can go get a gun and a CCW through the right process - just like every other person. If she gets her CCW (or any other BLM member) she can carry it to her peaceful protest. She just best be careful when she decides to take it out and shoot a police officer or some white person using their privilege's to further her cause. if she or another member can't get a CCW due to previous convictions or whatever, then indeed their 2A rights are gone. That's how it works. 

Also; I read that this woman is not well liked in the BLM world. She's been found to have asked for donations in the past and used them for her own personal purposes; fancy cars and vacations. 

I've always heard from my black friends and family that the right to own guns will only be okay until black people want to legally own guns too. This thread is proof of this. There should be no push back against blacks learning how to safely arm themselves. You don't mind arming yourselves. You brag about all the guns you own. Why be afraid if every black person in this country owns a gun. My uncle, a former cop, told me that the inner cities wouldn't be riddled with crime if law abiding citizens owned guns. It's a terror zone because only the criminals have guns. Trust me, it's true, we've been taught it's wrong to own a gun. Only the police should have guns and if you do own a gun, you're a bad person, you're a criminal.

Make up your mind, if you should own a gun then I should own a gun.

(Note: I didn't call anyone a racist so calm down)

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

I've always heard from my black friends and family that the right to own guns will only be okay until black people want to legally own guns too. This thread is proof of this. There should be no push back against blacks learning how to safely arm themselves. You don't mind arming yourselves. You brag about all the guns you own. Why be afraid if every black person in this country owns a gun. My uncle, a former cop, told me that the inner cities wouldn't be riddled with crime if law abiding citizens owned guns. It's a terror zone because only the criminals have guns. Trust me, it's true, we've been taught it's wrong to own a gun. Only the police should have guns and if you do own a gun, you're a bad person, you're a criminal.

WTF are you talking about?  No one in this thread has even hinted that black people shouldn't own guns.    TNG has literally said this woman can own a gun legally multiple times in this thread, including the post right above yours.

5 minutes ago, peenie said:

They're pushing back bozo. Jesus....

7 minutes ago, peenie said:

It's literally IN the Constitution that YOU CAN OWN A GUN, PEENIE. GO BUY ONE. 

You will have to be background checked, and given your state laws, it can take up to 21 days. You have to take a safety test and pass with like a 75% (that's a C) or better. If you don't pass, you have to wait 24 to 48 hours to take it again. 

You have to know how to safely store your gun and ammo in your home (no you can't leave it loaded on your kitchen table). You have to know when it's actually okay to shoot an intruder. 

There are rules, laws, and steps about getting a CCW. YOU CAN GET ONE, TOO. Just like this lady and other BLM members. 

IF you have a previous conviction, you might find it impossible or more difficult to get a gun. 

For the MILLIONTH time, no one is telling her she or her members can't have a gun or a CCW and take it to a protest. They just better be aware of when they can actually shoot someone.  

25 minutes ago, peenie said:

I am confused.

No one is suggesting that people should not own guns based on skin color, well no one did until you posted about it I guess.

I assume that AA's are as well, perhaps better, armed as anyone else.  I think that is fine, so long as no one shows up in my front yard wielding them I think we are all good.

27 minutes ago, Strike said:

WTF are you talking about?  No one in this thread has even hinted that black people shouldn't own guns.    TNG has literally said this woman can own a gun legally multiple times in this thread, including the post right above yours.

First of all, you should know that I don't read posts! I just like to complain. :P

20 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

It's literally IN the Constitution that YOU CAN OWN A GUN, PEENIE. GO BUY ONE. 

I'm too afraid. The Democrats have completely brainwashed me and honestly, I'm too physically weak I think. Someone will probably wrestle me out of my gun before I have enough courage to shoot it. :o:(

1 minute ago, peenie said:

First of all, you should know that I don't read posts! I just like to complain and be racist. :P

FYP, and I know. 

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I am confused.

Don't be, I didn't read anyone's responses. I just assumed. :wacko:

Just now, peenie said:

I'm too afraid. The Democrats have completely brainwashed me and honestly, I'm too physically weak I think. Someone will probably wrestle me out of my gun before I have enough courage to shoot it. :o:(

The great thing about this country is no one forces you to do anything.  No one is making you buy a gun.  Get one or don't get one.  No one here cares.  But you have the right to do so if you so choose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Strike said:

FYP, and I know. 

:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, peenie said:

Don't be, I didn't read anyone's responses. I just assumed. :wacko:

Ah, no worries, all good.  :cheers:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I am taking what she is saying literally; none of her rights are being denied. She can go get a gun and a CCW through the right process - just like every other person. If she gets her CCW (or any other BLM member) she can carry it to her peaceful protest. She just best be careful when she decides to take it out and shoot a police officer or some white person using their privilege's to further her cause. if she or another member can't get a CCW due to previous convictions or whatever, then indeed their 2A rights are gone. That's how it works. 

Also; I read that this woman is not well liked in the BLM world. She's been found to have asked for donations in the past and used them for her own personal purposes; fancy cars and vacations. 

yes, she is not saying that rights are being denied.  she also didn't mention anything about bringing a gun to a protest.  or shooting a police officer.  or some white person using their privilege.  you are not being literal.  

Democrats: place restrictions on guns, limit ammo, make them too expensive, ban automatic weapons, require extensive background checks!!!!

Also Democrats: its too hard for democrats to get guns!!!!!

I agree they need o be armed.  But they are 1000 times more likily to have a black man break into their house than a white supremist.