Sign in to follow this  
Law

M Thomas

It’s like he signed a huge contract and now doesn’t care. 4 games missed - 1 for punching a teammate - and now he aggravates a hamstring? Does he even wanna play? I mean, he gets paid either way. 

Frustrating, to be sure. After he publicly hung his QB out to dry over the flag/anthem issue this summer, he was a DND for me. However, in one league he fell to me in the mid-2nd round, and I couldn't resist that value.

Some value.....

Do you OP think that it could be he doesn’t care, based on the whole D Brees situation this past off-season? 

I don’t own him, thank you Jesus, but the owner in my league that drafted him high , is very confused By his actions, and now a hammy problem. 

Players coming off career years often have steps back for whatever reason 

When players that have an injury in one area and are coming back they often put more pressure on other parts of their body increasing the risk of injury elsewhere 

it’s why when players enter the season with a ‘minor’ injury ala miles sanders they are at a much higher risk to miss more time in season 

If it’s a ppr league, probably take a top flight wr to get him.  

Jones, is that A Jones? 

I have him on a team where I'm 1-5 and dying for wins. Him and Davante Adams on the same team.  I'm clicking around the league seeing what would work trade-wise. I may end up trying to send him to the 1st place team for someone like Diggs and taking pennies on the dollar.  If he doesnt play this week it could be the final nail in my season. 

I had a tremendous amount of respect for Drew Brees.

When he apologized for his comment regarding kneeling during the national anthem, that respect evaporated.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

I had a tremendous amount of respect for Drew Brees.

When he apologized for his comment regarding kneeling during the national anthem, that respect evaporated.

Likewise and I'm a diehard Saint fan. I can no longer watch the Saints. I actually wanted MT traded before the big contract. Nothing against him but not building a championship team with that much money tied up in a few players. We won the SB with much lesser talent and more teamwork. Kamara, I was ok with his payday because he is more of a WR than a RB and he has like 3 different skillsets. He's worth it.

I lost respect for Brees, when he didn’t stand up for what he thought was originally the way he felt, when he first spoke about his personal opinion, agree or disagree with him, that was his true feeling about what was taking place, but when the heat starting to turn up, he gave in a change is opinion to keep the peace, hard to trust a person who’s double minded.

Bible , double minded man, is lost in all his ways.  

I think the end is coming for him.

He's young and he may still play for a while, but he's not going down a good path.

There's been several WRs over the past few years that lose fantasy value once they go insane.

I could be wrong, but I don't see him ever being more than a WR2, if that, from here on out. Brees will be gone soon, they will have QB issues. Not looking good.

If you have him in dynasty, good time to shop him around

3 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I think the end is coming for him.

He's young and he may still play for a while, but he's not going down a good path.

There's been several WRs over the past few years that lose fantasy value once they go insane.

I could be wrong, but I don't see him ever being more than a WR2, if that, from here on out. Brees will be gone soon, they will have QB issues. Not looking good.

If you have him in dynasty, good time to shop him around

He pissed off Payton. Believe me, he is on the chopping block next year. If there is a good offer he is gone. Payton does not phuck around with BS. He let lots of good players let the door hit them. Not as ruthless as Bellicheck but pretty close. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

hard to trust a person who’s double minded

James 1:8: "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."

19 hours ago, weepaws said:

I lost respect for Brees, when he didn’t stand up for what he thought was originally the way he felt, when he first spoke about his personal opinion, agree or disagree with him, that was his true feeling about what was taking place, but when the heat starting to turn up, he gave in a change is opinion to keep the peace, hard to trust a person who’s double minded.

Bible , double minded man, is lost in all his ways.  

Be careful when pointing fingers........we don't know that much about Brees and we don't know about what he discussed with teammates or others.  I do know that his timing for sharing his opinion couldn't have been much worse.

I think Brees HAD to backtrack. If not he would have ended up injured for sure. Lack of caring on a block. Some mad practice squad call up blows his knee out and then gets a gofund me for 2 million from BLM. Something like that. 

22 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Be careful when pointing fingers........we don't know that much about Brees and we don't know about what he discussed with teammates or others.  I do know that his timing for sharing his opinion couldn't have been much worse.

I was posting about what took place.  

I think his discussion with teammates plus the attack he received from social media made him change his mind, which is why he’s double minded, his first thought was how he felt, his second was to save face.  

So if pointing a finger you mean judging him, I sure will.  

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

I think Brees HAD to backtrack. If not he would have ended up injured for sure. Lack of caring on a block. Some mad practice squad call up blows his knee out and then gets a gofund me for 2 million from BLM. Something like that. 

How bad is the human race if that in fact would have happen, so we hurt someone for their opinions, but you might be right, after all people are being jailed and beaten for their beliefs. 

Isn’t it a sad society today, that we can’t have are own opinions and faith in this world today?  

Now I guess we wait to see what other Saints get placed on the mandemic list.  

2 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

Should we be surprised by 'anything that could happen' with the Saints organization ?

Brett Favre was one of the players the New Orleans Saints targeted in their bounty program. In fact, the NFL revealed Monday that the prize for knocking Favre out of the 2010 NFC Championship game was an astounding $35,000.

The NFL said Monday that Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma offered "two five-stacks" — $10,000 — to knock Favre out of the game. The league said that Saints coaches, among others, had confirmed the bounty and its amount.

The $35,000 consisted of four pledges: $10,000 each from Vilma, former Saints defensive lineman Charles Grant, and Mike Ornstein, an outsider and convicted felon who the NFL alleges was also involved. Saints assistant coach Joe Vitt put in $5,000.

Fock this piece of loser.  Hasn't missed a game in 3 years, catches 150 balls a year, and the year I draft him he becomes an injury-riddled headcase.  FU, Michael

• Like 1

Now could miss week 8 too.

Worst draft pick of the year.

2 minutes ago, Law said:

Now could miss week 8 too.

Worst draft pick of the year.

Tre 'Quan Smith FTW?

On 10/23/2020 at 3:02 PM, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Fock this piece of loser.  Hasn't missed a game in 3 years, catches 150 balls a year, and the year I draft him he becomes an injury-riddled headcase.  FU, Michael

It's actually very common. The highly touted top tier WR's rarely repeat that effort. Statistically better to load up on C+ WR's in the mid level. They are dirt cheap in auction. I get about 5 of them then go with matchups. My WR's always look weak as hell but switching them around, they become quite lethal. The Tyler Boyds, Christian Kirk kinda guys. I never spend cash on a WR1.

As for MT, he was very consistent but more of a chain mover like a TE. Rarely does he break some big chunk. He basically needs a lot of volume.    

8 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

The highly touted top tier WR's rarely repeat that effort.

Except for Julio, D-Hop, Davante Adams, etc...

Just now, jrokh said:

Except for Julio, D-Hop, Davante Adams, etc...

Barring names of players and just going off historical data for 10 plus years, the failure rate is 80% or something. Mid tier WR's, failure rate is about 60%. I do like all those players but once I saw the stats on it just makes sense to stay away from them, especially in auction where every dollar counts. Sure, you can buy MT for $60 but why not get Tyler Boyd and Debo Samual for like half plus another flyer. 

Just now, FlyinHeadlock said:

Barring names of players and just going off historical data for 10 plus years, the failure rate is 80% or something. Mid tier WR's, failure rate is about 60%. I do like all those players but once I saw the stats on it just makes sense to stay away from them, especially in auction where every dollar counts. Sure, you can buy MT for $60 but why not get Tyler Boyd and Debo Samual for like half plus another flyer. 

Or something lol...link? 

10 hours ago, nobody said:

MT has repeatedly been a top receiver his whole career up until now.

He was at the tip top. I know this is difficult to accept but going off stats, a top 10 FF effort is rarely repeated. The odds are very low of it happening again. The safe bet is 3rd and 4th rounders. They often do better. Don't believe it I honestly don't care. I have only made the playoffs every year since I started playing using that formula. People are just pissed because they got duped want to punch me in the face. Punch all you want. MT is done this season.  

Everyone understands regression to the mean.  I'm just saying that you're telling us michael thomas shouldn't repeat as a top receiver.  He's repeated as a top receiver for years.  Being elite is his mean.

13 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

It's actually very common. The highly touted top tier WR's rarely repeat that effort. Statistically better to load up on C+ WR's in the mid level. They are dirt cheap in auction. I get about 5 of them then go with matchups. My WR's always look weak as hell but switching them around, they become quite lethal. The Tyler Boyds, Christian Kirk kinda guys. I never spend cash on a WR1.

As for MT, he was very consistent but more of a chain mover like a TE. Rarely does he break some big chunk. He basically needs a lot of volume.    

So who do you spend cash on?  I’d bet more top RB’s don’t repeat than WR’s...

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Thanks for the link and interesting read, although that doesn't seem to really answer the question

1. That's from 2011-2014...have they done that again recently?
  2. The % of top 5 staying in the top 5 is much higher for WR's
  3. The top 12% is basically the same (or is that what you are trying to say?).   The "bust rate" is higher for WR's, but I have a feeling that's partially because a "bust" here is defined as being below the WR or RB36, but it's probably going to be pretty hard for a non-injured guy to be below RB36.    In my PPR league the #36 WR has 76 points, and the #36 RB has 58.   So, a WR2 or WR3 based on ADP may be easier to replace, but not necessarily a WR1.

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

(or is that what you are trying to say?)

I'm not trying to say anything; I didn't write the article.  I was just spotlighting it as being one attempt to answer the bust rate question.

I understand that it's a few years old, but if you want to posit that bust rates vary so widely from year to year that a 5 year old study is no longer relevant, then aren't we really saying that the data on bust rates is inconsistent enough that there is no general "rule" one can follow regarding bust rates?

13 hours ago, TimHauck said:

So who do you spend cash on?  I’d bet more top RB’s don’t repeat than WR’s...

I value TE's, kickers and defenses. I will get the best projected ones. Rest of the roster I fill with WR2's. A lot of them. I Normally have good RB's so not a concern. I will take some flyers on rookie RB's. Last year out of $200 I left $60 on the table. Won the league. The MT team did give me fits though but I took him out in the end barely. Just a different style of playing but still effective. Not saying it's better just that it can be done and the team can be very competitive without a WR1.