Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

New Texas rule let's social workers turn away clients who are LGBTQ or have a disability

It's being re-evaluated next week but it's a good law. Social workers should not have to see queers and dangerous people with mental disabilities. These people will still get help but they need specific help. A straight catholic social worker is not the best person to be helping the gays. Someone with mental disabilities needs a social worker with a specific skillset. Another bs liberal pitchfork event without even trying to understand the concern. They just start yelling and screaming and going on a witch hunt when the reality is the state is trying to make it better which they will. A gay person needs a gay social worker because they are likely dealing with gay stuff....duh.

1 minute ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

It's being re-evaluated next week but it's a good law. Social workers should not have to see queers and dangerous people with mental disabilities. These people will still get help but they need specific help. A straight catholic social worker is not the best person to be helping the gays. Someone with mental disabilities needs a social worker with a specific skillset. Another bs liberal pitchfork event without even trying to understand the concern. They just start yelling and screaming and going on a witch hunt when the reality is the state is trying to make it better. 

Bring back insane asylums?

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I don’t get the “disabilities” part.  :unsure:

Gender Dysphoria is medically identified as a disability.

4 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

It's being re-evaluated next week but it's a good law. Social workers should not have to see queers and dangerous people with mental disabilities. These people will still get help but they need specific help. A straight catholic social worker is not the best person to be helping the gays. Someone with mental disabilities needs a social worker with a specific skillset. Another bs liberal pitchfork event without even trying to understand the concern. They just start yelling and screaming and going on a witch hunt when the reality is the state is trying to make it better which they will. A gay person needs a gay social worker because they are likely dealing with gay stuff....duh.

This is so ignorant I'm actually in awe. I would say that bigotry is a bigger mental disability than homosexuality, but you have a choice in your bigotry. This is sickening.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

This is so ignorant I'm actually in awe. I would say that bigotry is a bigger mental disability than homosexuality, but you have a choice in your bigotry. This is sickening.

Someone with religious beliefs has rights. Hard for people to believe these days but nothing has changed. Get someone else to help the gays that is actually gay and can relate to them. The only thing sickening is shltting on the rights of people. Doesn't even matter though. The law passed. They don't have to help them. Don't like it too bad. Rules are rules. Many rules I do not like but I follow them and vote to change it. Your side lost. Deal with it.

• Thanks 1

I would say this is sexist, but if you have no sex what is it? 

24 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

If they had just been able to stop at LG people wouldn't think they are all nuts.

Worst thing that ever happened to these freaks was people starting to accept them.

43 minutes ago, edjr said:

Worst thing that ever happened to these freaks was people starting to accept them.

That ans the damage they are actively applying to children

49 minutes ago, edjr said:

Don’t you wear a buttplug and sleep with sex workers?

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Don’t you wear a buttplug and sleep with sex workers?

At the same time.  And?

Why did OP say disability twice in the thread title?

15 hours ago, RLLD said:

Gender Dysphoria is medically identified as a disability.

If the law specifically calls out certain mental disorders, I suppose it is consistent at least.  But a law that excludes social workers from certain types of mental disabilities seems like a slippery slope to me.  I mean, isn’t an important part of a social worker’s job to help people with mental problems?  :dunno:

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

If the law specifically calls out certain mental disorders, I suppose it is consistent at least.  But a law that excludes social workers from certain types of mental disabilities seems like a slippery slope to me.  I mean, isn’t an important part of a social worker’s job to help people with mental problems?  :dunno:

be nice if they could turn away junkies too

12 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Someone with religious beliefs has rights. Hard for people to believe these days but nothing has changed. Get someone else to help the gays that is actually gay and can relate to them. The only thing sickening is shltting on the rights of people. Doesn't even matter though. The law passed. They don't have to help them. Don't like it too bad. Rules are rules. Many rules I do not like but I follow them and vote to change it. Your side lost. Deal with it.

Another example of how religion and human rights conflict.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

The only thing sickening is shltting on the rights of people. 

Indeed. So, homosexuals aren't people?  Can't have it both ways. If a person has rights, it doesn't matter what religion, color, or sexual orientation they are. You are in favor of removing people's right from them. You are a hypocrite.

Also noticed that you didn't bother trying to pretend that you're not a bigot. Sorry you choose to go through life like that. Must be tough. You should get some help for that.

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Indeed. So, homosexuals aren't people?  Can't have it both ways. If a person has rights, it doesn't matter what religion, color, or sexual orientation they are. You are in favor of removing people's right from them. You are a hypocrite.

Also noticed that you didn't bother trying to pretend that you're not a bigot. Sorry you choose to go through life like that. Must be tough. You should get some help for that.

How is this law removing rights?  Can ghey people no longer get help from social workers? :dunno:

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

How is this law removing rights?  Can ghey people no longer get help from social workers? :dunno:

yes, that is the law.

1 minute ago, vomit said:

yes, that is the law.

The law makes it illegal for social workers to help ghey people?!  That will surely be overturned.  :unsure:

Fake news. Republicans don’t care about the gays anymore. HT said so.

54 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Yeah, your side is also inching closer to accepting pedophilia.  Are pedophiles not people too?  That'll be next...you can use all the letters of the alphabet that you want.  Doesn't change the fact that they're mentally disabled.

36 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The law makes it illegal for social workers to help ghey people?!  That will surely be overturned.  :unsure:

It makes it legal to not help them because they are ghey.

30 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Yeah, you're side is also inching closer to accepting pedophilia.  Are pedophiles not people too?  That'll be next...you can use all the letters of the alphabet that you want.  Doesn't change the fact that they're mentally disabled.

Is this dude serious?  Ghey = pedo?  Ghey = mentally disabled?  People actually think this?

1 minute ago, vomit said:

Is this dude serious?  Ghey = pedo?  Ghey = mentally disabled?  People actually think this?

Yes; Yes, in the sense that both are wired incorrectly; Yes; Yes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

That ans the damage they are actively applying to children

Can you imagine  being a kid and trying to explain to your friends that your parents are non-binary and that they designated you as as a transy?

6 minutes ago, vomit said:

Is this dude serious?  Ghey = pedo?  Ghey = mentally disabled?  

I guess he hit you a little close to home huh?

• Like 1

I think some distinctions need to be made here.  Should someone who is LG,etc seeking treatment with an agency they should not be denied due to their sexual orientation. However, if say, the therapist holds traditional Christian values and could not properly treat said client, they are professionally obligated to refer to someone who can and does.  Therapists should not practice outside of their areas of specialty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

Thanks for labeling me a bigot. Typical liberal position of calling people names...meh. Weak and pathetic when you resort to name calling and can't have an adult conversation about rights for all, not just for your folks. If I was so what. It's not against the law to be a bigot, join the KKK, hate gays. What you are calling out are not crimes. Perfectly legal. I can hate whoever, whenever and for whatever reason I choose. These are my rights. Nothing you can do about it. I can hate anyone and don't even need a reason. 

It's only a crime when it hurts people physically or financially. This TX law does neither. It respects the rights of all people. A Muslim social worker should not be forced to help gays since it's against their religion. They phucking stone them to death in Iran for example. If a former Iranian American social worker says they should not be helping gays it is a good idea to honor their rights. There are many social workers. Get someone else. Let the Muslim work with Muslims. Common sense to most people. Want results then aim for the target instead of trying to shotgun problems and hitting a bunch of other unintended things.   

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

I think some distinctions need to be made here.  Should someone who is LG,etc seeking treatment with an agency they should not be denied due to their sexual orientation. However, if say, the therapist holds traditional Christian values and could not properly treat said client, they are professionally obligated to refer to someone who can and does.  Therapists should not practice outside of their areas of specialty.

That doesn't go over big with libs. Remember the whole wedding cake for a couple gays fiasco? 

57 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Yeah, your side is also inching closer to accepting pedophilia.  Are pedophiles not people too?  That'll be next...you can use all the letters of the alphabet that you want.  Doesn't change the fact that they're mentally disabled.

My "side" is American. Your strawman is ridiculous and ignorant. Saying that "gay=pedophile" is the exact same as saying "Trumper= racist, fascist moron."

Both are complete lies meant to dehumanize a large segment of people based on biased falsehoods.

No one is inching closer to accepting pedophilia. Stop spreading hateful, bigoted propaganda. Get some help.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

That doesn't go over big with libs. Remember the whole wedding cake for a couple gays fiasco? 

Apples and oranges.

I wouldn't want a ghey baker to refuse services to straight customers either.

7 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Thanks for labeling me a bigot. Typical liberal position of calling people names...meh. Weak and pathetic when you resort to name calling and can't have an adult conversation about rights for all, not just for your folks. If I was so what. It's not against the law to be a bigot, join the KKK, hate gays. What you are calling out are not crimes. Perfectly legal. I can hate whoever, whenever and for whatever reason I choose. These are my rights. Nothing you can do about it. I can hate anyone and don't even need a reason. 

It's only a crime when it hurts people physically or financially. This TX law does neither. It respects the rights of all people. A Muslim social worker should not be forced to help gays since it's against their religion. They phucking stone them to death in Iran for example. If a former Iranian American social worker says they should not be helping gays it is a good idea to honor their rights. There are many social workers. Get someone else. Let the Muslim work with Muslims. Common sense to most people. Want results then aim for the target instead of trying to shotgun problems and hitting a bunch of other unintended things.   

That's what this forum is all about in my experience.  Here are some posts towards me just from the last four days.

"Reported...for referring to MDC, Hawkeye, Honcho and Herbi as dumbshits." 

"It wasn't for Trump. You're an insignificant clown. How does that feel"

"How do you know what he thought? It’s a Borat movie. Stop being such a chump." 

"Wow you're a creep"

"It’s a Borat movie. Moron."

7 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Apples and oranges.

I wouldn't want a ghey baker to refuse services to straight customers either.

Wouldn't bother me. A guy I work with told me once when he was in NYC he was refused service by a deli owner because he was wearing a Mets hat. He told him he would need to take it off and he would only serve his wife because she wasn't wearing one. He said fine, and they both left and went to the deli down the street.

I have the same attitude. Big deal. :dunno:

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That's what this forum is all about in my experience.  Here are some posts towards me just from the last four days.

"Reported...for referring to MDC, Hawkeye, Honcho and Herbi as dumbshits." 

"It wasn't for Trump. You're an insignificant clown. How does that feel"

"How do you know what he thought? It’s a Borat movie. Stop being such a chump." 

"Wow you're a creep"

"It’s a Borat movie. Moron."

No cuck quotes? No liberal is a mental disorder quotes?

They's going soft on you 

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

My "side" is American. Your strawman is ridiculous and ignorant. Saying that "gay=pedophile" is the exact same as saying "Trumper= racist, fascist moron."

Both are complete lies meant to dehumanize a large segment of people based on biased falsehoods.

No one is inching closer to accepting pedophilia. Stop spreading hateful, bigoted propaganda. Get some help.

I'm not spreading anything.  You asked questions and I answered.  I don't go around telling people that I think gay people are mentally disabled, but if someone were to ask, I wouldn't lie about it.  I think nature intended for procreation through a male and female having sex.  2 of the same sex won't procreate.  Therefore, I think there was some miswiring involved with gay people. 

That noted, I only said gay=pedophile in the sense that both were miswired.

I can't even give you the definition of a pedophile and I don't want to look it up.  Is a 19 year old who is attracted to a 15 year old considered a pedophile?  I'd think not, but I'm not sure.  What are the age cutoffs?

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Wouldn't bother me. A guy I work with told me once when he was in NYC he was refused service by a deli owner because he was wearing a Mets hat. He told him he would need to take it off and he would only serve his wife because she wasn't wearing one. He said fine, and they both left and went to the deli down the street.

I have the same attitude. Big deal. :dunno:

it's not about you.  it's about what rights we have as americans and consumers.

But what I was referencing was a a difference between purchasing a cake and mental health care. Neither should be denied for being gay.  A therapist has a professional obligation to refer if the areas of treatment are not in their realm of expertise. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

This.