Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

New Texas rule let's social workers turn away clients who are LGBTQ or have a disability

Is a staunch liberal black social worker going to love helping a family of hard core neo nazis. Maybe just respect that they are going to struggle with it and find somebody else that can assist them without that level of mental stress.

It's really not that hard. Fairly simple solution instead of forcing people to do things they are extremely uncomfortable with or totally against their belief system.

The results will be much much better for everyone.

You gotta be a pretty bed therapist if you can't help someone with anxiety because they are gay.

Basically any "Christian" who refuses to help someone because of their sexuality is a real piece of crap.

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

it's not about you.  it's about what rights we have as americans and consumers.

But what I was referencing was a a difference between purchasing a cake and mental health care. Neither should be denied for being gay.  A therapist has a professional obligation to refer if the areas of treatment are not in their realm of expertise. 

It's not about me? Last I checked I'm part of "we".

If businesses want to turn away sales, so be it. Someone else will always scoop up those customers.

No cuck quotes? No liberal is a mental disorder quotes?

They's going soft on you 

Like I said, that was just some from the last four days.

2 hours ago, vomit said:

It makes it legal to not help them because they are ghey.

Well, that’s a very different thing.  For instance...

I think some distinctions need to be made here.  Should someone who is LG,etc seeking treatment with an agency they should not be denied due to their sexual orientation. However, if say, the therapist holds traditional Christian values and could not properly treat said client, they are professionally obligated to refer to someone who can and does.  Therapists should not practice outside of their areas of specialty.

In this scenario, are the LGs being denied rights?

For the record, I tend to not like the argument about Christian objection — to me it seems like some folks have the heebie jeebies about ghey folks, and in time we need to end that.  But mental health care is a little more complicated  than baking a cake.

I need to learn more about this law before forming an opinion.  :cheers:

3 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Thanks for labeling me a bigot. Typical liberal position of calling people names...meh. Weak and pathetic when you resort to name calling and can't have an adult conversation about rights for all, not just for your folks. I am talking about rights for all. You are talking about rights for christians at the expense of the rights of the homosexuals. I would argue that I'm not calling you names. Saying you are a dipsh!t would be calling you a name. I'm giving you a fair label based on your post. If you're not a bigot, great, don't post like one. Don't give me a reason to apply the label. If I was so what. It's not against the law to be a bigot, join the KKK, hate gays. What you are calling out are not crimes. Perfectly legal. I can hate whoever, whenever and for whatever reason I choose. These are my rights. Nothing you can do about it. I can hate anyone and don't even need a reason. Sad you need to go through life hating anyone that's never done anything to you. Not illegal, just unfortunate. I wouldn't be able to live like that, so I guess I lack the frame of reference to understand this POV. 

It's only a crime when it hurts people physically or financially. This TX law does neither. It respects the rights of all people. No, it does not. It tramples the rights of homosexuals. A Muslim social worker should not be forced to help gays since it's against their religion. They phucking stone them to death in Iran for example. If a former Iranian American social worker says they should not be helping gays it is a good idea to honor their rights. There are many social workers. Get someone else. Let the Muslim work with Muslims. Common sense to most people. Want results then aim for the target instead of trying to shotgun problems and hitting a bunch of other unintended things.   

Help me understand this. So assuming that you are a straight white male christian, that means that only straight white christians can work with you? What if your problems are anxiety and PTSD? Problems that have absolutely nothing to do with your race, religion or sexuality? I hope I don't really need to explain this further for you to see the inherent problem with this attitude. This law is just more suppression of human rights disguised as religious freedom. If a social worker can't find it within their professional abilities to help someone that doesn't conform to their personal religion or morality, let them use that as their excuse for not working with them. Then the individual that was refused service for being gay can let their freedom of speech flow and call out the social worker for being a bigot. You either believe in freedom or you don't. You just seem to want it your way for people that look and feel like you, to hell with everyone else. That is fundamentally un-American.

Must be nice to get to decide what you will or won’t do at work just because you believe in the sky fairy.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, MDC said:

Must be nice to get to decide what you will or won’t do at work just because you believe in the sky fairy.

I see there’s a fairy who’s unhappy about this new rule.

5 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Is a staunch liberal black social worker going to love helping a family of hard core neo nazis. Maybe just respect that they are going to struggle with it and find somebody else that can assist them without that level of mental stress.

It's really not that hard. Fairly simple solution instead of forcing people to do things they are extremely uncomfortable with or totally against their belief system.

The results will be much much better for everyone.

God forbid you're forced to do something you're uncomfortable with at work. Damn I wish I had a job where I just got to wrap myself in a security blanket and say 'no' anytime someone asks me to do something outside of my comfort zone. We'll see how awesomely this works out when a muslim surgeon walks into the OR to perform a life-saving surgery, sees a crucifix on their patient, turns around, walks out and claims that he can't save that life due to "religious freedom." No doubt you'd feel the exact same way about that as you do about a christian social worker denying help to a homosexual with chemical dependency problems.

I thought conservatives were the ones who DGAF about feelings and all those pansy-a$$ libs need to suck it up and show some backbone. Turns out conservatives are more driven by their feelings and opinions than they will ever admit.

15 minutes ago, Fnord said:

God forbid you're forced to do something you're uncomfortable with at work. Damn I wish I had a job where I just got to wrap myself in a security blanket and say 'no' anytime someone asks me to do something outside of my comfort zone. We'll see how awesomely this works out when a muslim surgeon walks into the OR to perform a life-saving surgery, sees a crucifix on their patient, turns around, walks out and claims that he can't save that life due to "religious freedom." No doubt you'd feel the exact same way about that as you do about a christian social worker denying help to a homosexual with chemical dependency problems.

I thought conservatives were the ones who DGAF about feelings and all those pansy-a$$ libs need to suck it up and show some backbone. Turns out conservatives are more driven by their feelings and opinions than they will ever admit.

Fight me

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Gheys disgust me 

Bigots disgust me. At least they have a choice.

8 hours ago, Gladiators said:

Yeah, your side is also inching closer to accepting pedophilia.  Are pedophiles not people too?  That'll be next...you can use all the letters of the alphabet that you want.  Doesn't change the fact that they're mentally disabled.

When it comes to abortion, the democrats side with the person that can vote.  A fetus cannot vote, so its a waste of time to fight for them.  The democrats are heading the same way with pedophilia.  A child cannot vote, so they are creeping towards support of the adults.

6 hours ago, vomit said:

You gotta be a pretty bed therapist if you can't help someone with anxiety because they are gay.

Basically any "Christian" who refuses to help someone because of their sexuality is a real piece of crap.

Or a black therapist dealing with a KKK member. Why can't the black person just get over it...meh. Blacks are a bunch of panzies going off your stance. No. The law is to protect EVERYONE from things against their belief system. Not just the people you like or approve worthy of it. EVERYONE has rights. Our country is not designed to protect specific groups and trample on others. It protects ALL OF THEM.

25 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Bigots disgust me. At least they have a choice.

<<<<<< Proud bigot 

So when they separate colleges for blacks in the 60s, that was racist.
Then they make colleges for everyone.
Then blacks get mad they cannot also have colleges just for themselves.
Now we are gonna play this game with social workers I guess.

We keep going back and forth on this idea of separate but equal.  The line is very confusing and keeps shifting.

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Gheys disgust me 

The anus is to discharge feces but it seems like you are saying putting things in it for fun is disgusting. I dare you!!! Wow, I see why Greta kept saying it. Very powerful.

I dare you to tell me I can't put Hot Wheels up my butt. I dare you to tell me I can't jam 121 pieces of a rachet set up there. The world is going to end in 8 years and all you care about is money!!!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Dang. You are so dumb. It's just crazy.

What about my question makes me dumb? I like to ask questions about things I don't understand. I don't understand being hateful toward someone just because they are different from me. Hence the question. 

How about you? Are you a bigot? If so, can you explain that mindset to me without being a giant, gaping a$$hole about it? I find it highly unlikely I get a real response from you or any of the other resident bigots, but hell, it's worth a try. 

10 minutes ago, Fnord said:

What about my question makes me dumb? I like to ask questions about things I don't understand. I don't understand being hateful toward someone just because they are different from me. Hence the question. 

How about you? Are you a bigot? If so, can you explain that mindset to me without being a giant, gaping a$$hole about it? I find it highly unlikely I get a real response from you or any of the other resident bigots, but hell, it's worth a try. 

Bigots calling other people bigots are still bigots. Lefties like you commit atrocities and blame conservatives for your own dumb actions. Enjoy your night. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Bigots calling other people bigots are still bigots. Lefties like you commit atrocities and blame conservatives for your own dumb actions. Enjoy your night. 

OK then. Thanks for proving me correct by typing complete nonsense. You enjoy your night as well! Smooches!

:bench:

Not getting involved

2 hours ago, Fnord said:

Why?

Us deciding that homosexuality was socially acceptable ultimately paved the way for transgenderism, child hormones, conversion therapy and every other social ill that's destroying the country. To me and my beliefs you're the bigot.

It is the right of anyone to be anything they want. Just so long as it does not harm someone physically or financially. I morally support bigotry, BLM, KKK, Neo Nazi, gays, lesbians, Antifia, Douchebags, Buttfaces, azzwhipes. I have no problem with any of them as long as they play by the rules. Play by the rules then hate to your hearts content. No impact on my life.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Us deciding that homosexuality was socially acceptable ultimately paved the way for transgenderism, child hormones, conversion therapy and every other social ill that's destroying the country. To me and my beliefs you're the bigot.

Appreciate the answer. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Fnord said:

Appreciate the answer. Thanks.

You seem pretty woke. Have you gotten involved in the movement? Participate in any marches or rallies? 

13 hours ago, MDC said:

Some believe in the sky fairy,  it seems more believe there are women in men's bodies who like women. :dunno:

Hopefully this starts the ball rolling and eventually we are permitted to discriminate for ANY reason. 

12 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Could you elaborate on why you think homosexuality is such a horrible scourge on society? Is it a religious thing for you? Or are there other reasons?

Also how am I a bigot in your eyes?

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You seem pretty woke. Have you gotten involved in the movement? Participate in any marches or rallies? 

I'm not 'woke.' I don't even really know what that's supposed to mean. I'm not some uber-liberal. Maybe in the GC I am, but not IRL. I'm fully on board with some fiscal conservatism, first and second amendment rights and lack of government intrusion in our lives. I would have liked to go to some protests, but there's a pandemic and I'm a busy guy. I didn't have a day to kill to risk my life. I support many of the core beliefs of BLM, but the movement has been co-opted by some idiots and agitators, just like lots of other worthy movements have been over the years. And the protests have provided an opportunity for some antisocial deviants to cause havoc and fuq sh!t up just for fun. 

24 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I'm not 'woke.' I don't even really know what that's supposed to mean. I'm not some uber-liberal. Maybe in the GC I am, but not IRL. I'm fully on board with some fiscal conservatism, first and second amendment rights and lack of government intrusion in our lives. I would have liked to go to some protests, but there's a pandemic and I'm a busy guy. I didn't have a day to kill to risk my life. I support many of the core beliefs of BLM, but the movement has been co-opted by some idiots and agitators, just like lots of other worthy movements have been over the years. And the protests have provided an opportunity for some antisocial deviants to cause havoc and fuq sh!t up just for fun. 

Anyone you know go? Did they say it was dangerous? I heard it was mostly peaceful. MichellObama said only a tiny fraction had any violence. 

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Anyone you know go? Did they say it was dangerous? I heard it was mostly peaceful. MichellObama said only a tiny fraction had any violence. 

A couple of my coworkers went to a local protest and had no issues whatsoever.  Totally peaceful.  I know a lot of people in the Twin Cities, including several that live in south Minneapolis.  AFAIK they did not actually attend any of the protests, but the impression that I got talking to them was they were fully in support of the protesters and never feared for the safety of themselves or their property. Of course none of them live right on Lake Street, either. A friend of mine did have his truck damaged while he was visiting his girlfriend in So MPLS  during that time but that was likely a parking lot oopsie, not malicious vandalism.

Back when I was in college I lived about 6 blocks south of the police precinct and the Target store that got trashed during the riots. Glad none of this happened then. I was a lot more prone to making poor decisions back then.

4 hours ago, Fnord said:

Could you elaborate on why you think homosexuality is such a horrible scourge on society? Is it a religious thing for you? Or are there other reasons?

Also how am I a bigot in your eyes?

I already told you

2 hours ago, Fnord said:

A couple of my coworkers went to a local protest and had no issues whatsoever.  Totally peaceful.  

Keep telling this to the people who were physically attacked and/or lost their businesses.

Not to mention the idiocy implemented in having protests around this in the first place. How can adults have such little awareness of reality like the people of left have?

It's surreal.

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2020 at 12:32 AM, iam90sbaby said:

Child hormones?  I think children have had hormones for a long time.  I also don't see how transgenderism has destroyed our country.  You're talking about .01% of the population here.

What is destroying our country is a lack of respect for each other, hatred towards each other, lack of decency.  Homersexuality is probably 8,923 on the list of problems we have.

13 minutes ago, vomit said:

Child hormones?  I think children have had hormones for a long time.  I also don't see how transgenderism has destroyed our country.  You're talking about .01% of the population here.

What is destroying our country is a lack of respect for each other, hatred towards each other, lack of decency.  Homersexuality is probably 8,923 on the list of problems we have.

.01% of the pop, but they sure do sell news wise. They get the libs nethers tingling. Everything surrounding them is a publicity stunt. 

On 10/24/2020 at 4:16 PM, iam90sbaby said:

I already told you

No, you didn't. You said:

You didn't say anything about why you think that homosexuality should be unacceptable. You just made a vague bigoted statement, then called me a bigot just because. I believe that no one should be discriminated against due to factors that they themselves have absolutely no control over, like skin color or sexual orientation. You do. But you're not telling me why.

On 10/24/2020 at 4:23 PM, Utilit99 said:

Keep telling this to the people who were physically attacked and/or lost their businesses.

Not to mention the idiocy implemented in having protests around this in the first place. How can adults have such little awareness of reality like the people of left have?

It's surreal.

Contrary to whatever institutions you depend on for your information, there absolutely WERE peaceful protests. Believe it or not, Seattle, Portland and Minneapolis are all still large, functioning cities that have not been razed to the ground by Antifa. Small businesses are still operating, people go to work, raise their kids, rush hour traffic still sucks, people are still voting democratic. Hundreds of thousands of people were out demonstrating in the streets all over the country, in hundreds of towns, without violence or destruction.  They were exercising the constitutional rights that Trumpers keep saying they support, though you do nothing but b!tch about it when they do. 

Funny that you can call out people for having such little awareness, when you have none regarding the reasons behind the social unrest and the fight against discrimination. Just keep hiding out in your little community full of white christian conservatives complaining about the horrible big leftist cities without attempting to understand any of what's really going on. Seems to be serving you well.

• Haha 2