Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

James Robinson - sell high?

Anyone else think he is/was a sell high candidate?  Past 2 games he's had under 4 YPC, although his receptions have bailed him out.   He's also had just about 20 touches per game, so I feel like there is a chance he could wear down as the season goes on.

Yes. 

1 hour ago, Serenity Now said:

Always depends on what you can get, and what your roster looks like, but workhorse RBs are rare and shouldn't be taken for granted. 

Agreed. 

But sale high for what could be a better rb1 isn’t a bad ideal with Robinson.  

56 minutes ago, Crystal Meth Tweekers said:

My coworker had Taylor on a bye. He desparately wants to win this week. So I got Taylor for Robinson. 

In non ppr Taylor has outscored Robinson the last three weeks combine. 

I think that was a very good move.  

Yeah, I agree now I'd the time to unload him.  Too bad I can't afford to since he's my only healthy runningback.

I think the time to sell high has past. He is not going to get you the return you want based off his last few games. 

44 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I think the time to sell high has past. He is not going to get you the return you want based off his last few games. 

PPR or non?   Non I could see your point but PPR he's still been pretty decent the last 3 games.

Well, now is the time to sell high if you believe that it's time to sell.

On 10/23/2020 at 11:56 AM, weepaws said:

Agree

IND Bye @DET
47.1%
BAL
-24.5%
@TEN
13.4%
GB
45.1%
TEN
13.4%
@HOU
56.8%
@LV
37.4%
HOU
56.8%
@PIT
-23.7%
JAC
19.1%
JAC @LAC
-13.0%
Bye HOU
56.8%
@GB
45.1%
PIT
-23.7%
CLE
-4.0%
@MIN
-6.6%
TEN
13.4%
@BAL
-24.5%
CHI
-12.2%
@IND
-21.4%

Robinson was ranked 6th in ppr before this week.

Who would you be trading him for? Kamala? Zeke? Jones?

1 hour ago, Goggins said:

Robinson was ranked 6th in ppr before this week.

Who would you be trading him for? Kamala? Zeke? Jones?

I probably went "against expert FF thinking" and traded him & Rodgers for Russell Wilson.

I offered Rodgers & Drake and he countered with Rodgers & Robinson.  I was hesitant but went for it as I had gotten burned the prior 2 weeks at QB (Burrow & Rodgers combining for less than 10 points over 2 weeks).   I have a good stable of WR's where my Flex will likely always be a WR and Taylor & Swift in addition to Drake, so figured 2 out of the 3 RB's should be decent (of course Drake has now gone back to sucking with Taylor on bye) while upgrading at QB.

I liked Robinson, but didn't really think of him as a possible sell-high until I looked closer at the offer.  I'll admit this thread was a little bit of me trying to convince myself I made a good move...

I was a knucklehead and sold "high" on Robinson back in week 3 - I traded Crowder and Robinson for Robert Woods (pull PPR) - yes, I am a idiot

• Thanks 1

I think trading Robinson for Taylor, a good move, but I’m sorry, trading a rb1 without getting a rb1 in return , usually isn’t a good move. 

Robinson had a great game yesterday.  

Why sell at all? I get that the playoff schedule may be tough but he's performing like a stud RB1 and really doesn't have competition for reps. The team is bad, but not bad enough where they'll be out of every game - and even if they are, he's a good enough receiver to stay involved. I was lucky enough to grab him when Saquon Barkley went down and he's performed much better than anticipated as a replacement. I'm holding unless someone blows me away with an offer, which I don't expect to happen. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

Why sell at all? I get that the playoff schedule may be tough but he's performing like a stud RB1 and really doesn't have competition for reps. The team is bad, but not bad enough where they'll be out of every game - and even if they are, he's a good enough receiver to stay involved. I was lucky enough to grab him when Saquon Barkley went down and he's performed much better than anticipated as a replacement. I'm holding unless someone blows me away with an offer, which I don't expect to happen. 

I can't wrap my head around the whole buy low sell high thing anyway. An owner should always try to buy low and sell high. In any competent league most owners are aware of fair value, and trades only get made when there isn't a buy low/sell high scenario. If someone wants to give me Davante Adams or D. Hopkins for Robinson sure I'd sell, but since that isn't going to happen why trade him for lesser value.

Agree don’t trade for a lesser value.  

I’m waiting to see if I get any offers for Lockett. 

57 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

That’s what it means to sale high, for someone you value to be a better placement for that player you would be trading away rest of the season. 

20 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I can't wrap my head around the whole buy low sell high thing anyway. An owner should always try to buy low and sell high. In any competent league most owners are aware of fair value, and trades only get made when there isn't a buy low/sell high scenario. If someone wants to give me Davante Adams or D. Hopkins for Robinson sure I'd sell, but since that isn't going to happen why trade him for lesser value.

I mean it's more about what you project to happen the rest of the season, hence you can try to sell low or high if you think certain guys will improve/decline after you trade them.    While Robinson was/is having a solid season, some may have concern if he'll be able to keep it up.   So his value based on what he's done so far may be more than you think it will be ROS.   Obviously people have different opinions on some guys and that's part of the reason why trades happen.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

I mean it's more about what you project to happen the rest of the season, hence you can try to sell low or high if you think certain guys will improve/decline after you trade them.    While Robinson was/is having a solid season, some may have concern if he'll be able to keep it up.   So his value based on what he's done so far may be more than you think it will be ROS.   Obviously people have different opinions on some guys and that's part of the reason why trades happen.

I get what you mean in that respect, that selling high is like dumping a stock you predict might depreciate in value. But selling a low-end RB1 for a wr2 isn't really selling high either, its selling at expected cost...

On 10/26/2020 at 10:58 AM, DEEZNUTS said:

This is my thoughts and my situation this year about to a tee. 

On 10/23/2020 at 11:58 AM, Crystal Meth Tweekers said:

My coworker had Taylor on a bye. He desparately wants to win this week. So I got Taylor for Robinson. 

Looks like you lost that trade.

On 10/23/2020 at 12:56 PM, weepaws said:

How 1 week can make such a huge difference. Robinson is better than Taylor in my opinion. Especially knowing Robinson has the floor with his receptions and he’s not sharing the ball.

I think the main thing comes down to Jaguars being a small market unknown team. Their offense isn’t terrible for fantasy purposes, but ultimately I ask have you watched the kid play? He hasn’t looked bad at all, in fact I’d say he looks pretty great. No reason to think he can’t produce similarly to what Fournette put up last year.

1 hour ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I think the main thing comes down to Jaguars being a small market unknown team. Their offense isn’t terrible for fantasy purposes, but ultimately I ask have you watched the kid play? He hasn’t looked bad at all, in fact I’d say he looks pretty great. No reason to think he can’t produce similarly to what Fournette put up last year.

Part of my concern was more with the possibility of him wearing down as the season went on.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I regret my trade yet, but it certainly felt a lot better having Taylor and Swift a week ago (I do also have Edmonds at least in addition to Drake)...

The guy I traded him to basically ended up flipping him for CEH... Not sure how that will work out either

2 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

How 1 week can make such a huge difference. Robinson is better than Taylor in my opinion. Especially knowing Robinson has the floor with his receptions and he’s not sharing the ball.

Lol ok, now you didn’t say anything about my thoughts back when I made them, but now you pull your head out of your arse to post this.  

Yea Robinson had a great game , and Taylor sucked.  

But when that trade was made in non ppr Taylor had put scored Robinson, even though Robinson as the rec floor and he’s wasn’t sharing the ball then either, now that would have been the right time to dispute my opinion.  

So we’ll see what happens the rest of the way.  

I think you were the one that posted after week two that Barkley wasn’t  worthy of a top three draft pick in ff? 

Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Lol ok, now you didn’t say anything about my thoughts back when I made them, but now you pull your head out of your arse to post this.  

Yea Robinson had a great game , and Taylor sucked.  

But when that trade was made in non ppr Taylor had put scored Robinson, even though Robinson as the rec floor and he’s wasn’t sharing the ball then either, now that would have been the right time to dispute my opinion.  

So we’ll see what happens the rest of the way.  

I think you were the one that posted after week two that Barkley was worthy of a top three draft pick in ff? 

Thanks. 

Nowhere does it say non PPR, correct me if I’m wrong. 

what does the Barkley take have anything to do with anything? Barkley is/was a top 3 pick before getting hurt? Not even sure what you’re saying here weepaws.

On 10/23/2020 at 9:56 AM, weepaws said:

I said in non ppr.  

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

I said in non ppr.  

But the person who actually made the trade never specified. 

On 10/26/2020 at 10:39 AM, weepaws said:

I think trading Robinson for Taylor, a good move, but I’m sorry, trading a rb1 without getting a rb1 in return , usually isn’t a good move. 

Robinson had a great game yesterday.  

Who is the RB1 in this trade?  

This is your problem weepaws you can’t just call it like it is. Both RBs are rookies and both are getting touches but Robinson has been better and more reliable in every statistical category. I’m assuming you had Taylor as a RB1 and Robinson as a RB2 which is clearly just wrong. Even on October 26th. 

Barring injury that trade is clearly lost.

5 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

This is your problem weepaws you can’t just call it like it is. Both RBs are rookies and both are getting touches but Robinson has been better and more reliable in every statistical category. I’m assuming you had Taylor as a RB1 and Robinson as a RB2 which is clearly just wrong. Even on October 26th. 

Right the poster never specified, but I clearly did. 

I called it like it was on the 23rd, did I not? 

What did you say about it then?  

My opinion had nothing to do with how I had them ranked, it was how they had performed the last weeks up to that trade taking place. 

Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I think he was saying both were RB1's, and the "not getting an RB1 in return" was in reference to other trades

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I think he was saying both were RB1's, and the "not getting an RB1 in return" was in reference to other trades

With weepaws, can never be sure. Care to answer this weepaws? 

What I don't get is why anyone cares about stats from a non-ppr league.  That's the vast minority of leagues.  It's like having a discussion of who to pick up and then someone comes in and says, "none of these players are worth rostering in a basketball league."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Right the poster never specified, but I clearly did. 

I called it like it was on the 23rd, did I not? 

What did you say about it then?  

My opinion had nothing to do with how I had them ranked, it was how they had performed the last weeks up to that trade taking place. 

Thanks. 

He was out-touching Taylor even in those weeks prior. Sure, the trade is closer in non PPR, but it’s still an L. 

Taylor’s value was struggling in weeks prior and now it’s completely nose-dived off a cliff. Only 1 game in last 5 with over 79 total yards. 

My biggest concern with Taylor is how slow he looks. No way this is the same guy who ran a 4.39. His run style is similar to leveon bell he’s slow and patient at the line so it feels almost like the 4.39 speed is worthless. 

33 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I agree, but at that time non ppr Taylor was out producing Robinson. So that’s why I made my statement. 

Thanks. 

30 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

With weepaws, can never be sure. Care to answer this weepaws? 

Did.

Its going to be fun to watch this play out, so we’ll see what happens , based on previous times , if I’m wrong I’ll post I was wrong , but if I’m right, you won’t hear anything from me about it. 

Thanks.