Sign in to follow this  
bjengel

Jonathan Taylor & Josh Jacobs handcuffs?

I've got two extra spots on my bench I'm looking to fill and with all the injuries to RB's, etc, I'm thinking of handcuffing Jonathan Taylor and Josh Jacobs - my top two RB's.

First is Taylor, is it worth it to handcuff him?   Would either Wilkins or Hines be productive in a Jonathan Taylor absence?   -  and if so, which one should I handcuff to Taylor?    It seems like Hines is more used in the passing game, but when Taylor needs a breather, it looks like Wilkins spells him more on running downs.

Second is Jacobs,  pretty much the same situation in LV as with Taylor in Indy  -  would either Richard or Booker be productive in a Josh Jacobs absence?  -  and if so, which one should I handcuff to Jacobs?   It seems like Richard is more used in the passing game, but when Jacobs needs a breather, it looks like Booker spells him more on running downs.

Thoughts on either Hines or Wilkins and then Richard or Booker  -  and if it is even worth it to handcuff Taylor and Jacobs?

(FYI)  I'm 7-0 and have a 2 game lead in my division, so I'm more looking towards the long-term in the season and making sure my team is shored up for the playoffs and safeguard myself against injury, etc.

QB:  Wilson

RB:  Taylor, Jacobs, RoJo, Singletary, Moss

WR:  Thelen, McLaurin, Metcalf

TE:  Waller, Engram

DST:  Pitt

PK:  Lutz

When you say , you have two extra spots on your bench , you mean open spots, so you won’t need to drop anyone for those players? 

Of so , I would pick up Wilkins.  But might there be others and maybe better rb options available? 

That is correct, two open spots...........  I have one spot completely open that needs to be filled and the other spot will be open once I drop Andy Dalton 🙄

In a PPR Hines probably has some standalone value, so may not be a bad idea depending on who else is out there.

You should probably replace your backup QB if you're thinking long-term

Johnathan Taylor is already a handcuff, Marlon Mack was their RB1 going into the season, and he tore his Achilles tendon in the first game.

So the next down the line after Taylor may not be so good since he's technically 3rd string.  Hines has some PPR value, but he's inconsistent. Spot starter.

Behind Jacobs, I see Jahlen Richard and Devontae Booker sharing the work load, with Richard getting more of the catches and Booker more of the carries perhaps.

Neither will come close to replacing Jacobs in you line up though.

I looked at Mack and Taylor more as a rb1a and rb1b, despite their respect rankings.