Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Week 8 Scoop and Play WR

Well, it's about that time of year again when injuries and bye weeks start adding up, and we find ourselves looking for a one-week WR addition off the wire to nab us a few points. Here are a couple for your consideration and, as always, feel free to add your own:

The Hard Man - KC

Mecole Hardman has been up and down this season, and, as a result, is currently only 31% owned in Yahoo leagues and 21% owned in NFL.com leagues. Sammy Watkins is looking pretty iffy again this week, but if he plays temper expectations a bit for The Hard Man. However, he actually led the Chiefs in receiving yards last week with 57, in their blowout win.....on only 2 receptions. Not a ppr monster, obviously, but gotta think Reid is interested in getting the ball in his hands more, and a date with the NYJ's could be just what the doctor ordered. We all remember some of the big games he had down the stretch last season, and it is that upside that lands him in this column. Because of his explosiveness, he is a threat to take it to the house everytime he touches it. When all else fails, bring out The Hard Man. Prediction: 4 touches/83/1

Hunter Renfrow - Raiders

Steady as she goes would aptly describe Mr. Renfrow, but finds himself in a position to be a potentially good scoop-and-play option this week, particularly in ppr leagues. Yes, Ruggs, Agholor, and Waller get all the fantasy attention, leaving Hunter the forgotten man. As a result, he is only 20% and 16% owned in Yahoo and Nfl.com leagues, respectfully. However, quietly averaging 6 targets/game over the last 4, and facing a Browns defense that gives up the 3rd most FF points to the WR position is a recipe for success, and Renfrow is no scrub.....he's talented. He's quiet, stealthy, and sneaky. He's a Hunter, after all. Prediction: 6/68/1

Greg Ward - Philly 

Yes, everyone is on the Fulgham bandwagon, and rightly so, but don't forget about Ward, who is only 8% rostered in Yahoo and 2% in NFL.com. With DeSean Jackson back in his comfortable capacity of being OUT, Ertz and Goedert on the shelf, and Reagor and Ashlon not a sure thing and likely a bit rusty if they do go....look for Ward to make some hay against a Cowboy Defense that makes weekly superstars outta nearly every WR they encounter. In fact, they've surrendered 16 passing scores, to date, which ranks 28th in the league. Wentz has been getting hotter and is obviously comfortable with him. As a result, Ward has 3 TD's in the last 5 games, and has averaged over 6 targets/game over that stretch, as well. Got WR issues this week? Ward them off. Prediction: 5/76/1  (Edit 10/29: Sources now saying that Reagor is likely to take the field Sunday evening, and even Goedert is a possibility. If so, downgrade Ward somewhat, although against the Cowboys he could still be a viable scoop-and-play)

Deeper Dive: Tyler Johnson - Bucs

Scotty Miller was one of the hot waiver adds this week, and with Godwin on the shelf, could well have a good game. The shark move, however, could well be Tyler Johnson, who has at least 6o yards or a TD in each of his last 3 games, and is basically unowned in most redraft formats. We all know that Brady is on fire right now, and has never been a respecter of persons....particularly where WR's are concerned. The game is Monday night against the vaunted Giant defense, which has actually been pretty stout against the run (3.7 yards/rush), but allowing a 68.7% completion rate which is ranked 26th in the league. So, if you want to have one last bullet to fire on Monday night....don't forget your Johnson. Prediction: 4/62/1

Best of luck.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I see two that are available in my league. 

R Higgins of the Browns 

T Smith of the Saints, he was picked up last week, didn’t produce, and then dropped. 

Marcus Johnson Ind

Might have slipped through the cracks because Indy had a bye after Johnson's big game a couple weeks ago.  He's the only Colts receiver who has looked like he's worth anything or shown any chemistry with Rivers.  Facing a Detroit team that has given up plenty of big games to WRs already this year.  He has rocketed up the depth chart since being activated and everyone in Indy seems to be asking why this guy wasn't on the field sooner for a team that's dying for playmakers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to me losing Deebo, Emmanuel Sanders, Ceedee Lamb to the Dak injury, and maybe Diontae Johnson, I'm picking up and starting Nelson Agholor and possibly Marquez Calloway.  I have Trequan Smith, too, but he's proven that he's not a #1 wide receiver.

Like Agholor also, but he’s not available in my league, good pick. And I don’t disagree about T Smith, but I’m going to take a shot   

Like M Johnson also, but he’s not available either.  

What's your take on Jalen Guyton with the Chargers? He only gets a few targets each week and is TD dependent. But when he hits it's sweet!

He could be a plug n play but I'm thinking more long-term for dynasty. Keenan Allen & Mike Williams are the target monsters there but they aren't exactly lighting it up either - only a couple good games between the both of them. Could Guyton/Herbert become the next great combo???

Tough one, as the Chargers third wr, I would like to see more targets going his way.  

Not to sure what I think about him going forward. 

If one as the room in a keeper league, I think it would be worthy of stashing him. 

With the news that Edelman is out following a knee procedure, I suppose that either Jakobi Meyers or N'Keal Harry could be scooped and played.....although that entire NE offense is a train wreck right now.

9 minutes ago, stonewall said:

With the news that Edelman is out following a knee procedure, I suppose that either Jakobi Meyers or N'Keal Harry could be scooped and played.....although that entire NE offense is a train wreck right now.

Damiere Byrd is the sneaky play--a former teammate of Cam in Carolina.

• Like 1

Super deep league or budget DFS i like Kendrick Bourne, Deebo is out, RB is thin, and Seattle will key on Kittle and potentially Aiyuk... I think Bourne could see 6+ targets if this game gets out of hand, and he should do well. He's not the speediest, but boasts decent size and quickness... 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rallo said:

Super deep league or budget DFS i like Kendrick Bourne, Deebo is out, RB is thin, and Seattle will key on Kittle and potentially Aiyuk... I think Bourne could see 6+ targets if this game gets out of hand, and he should do well. He's not the speediest, but boasts decent size and quickness... 

Not surprised that you would drop in and give an excellent scoop-and-play prospect. In fact, Bourne was the one other WR that I had in mind, and just barely missed the cut on my write-up. Besides the things you mention, he also has a nose for the end zone....as he showed last season (5 TD's on just 350 yards). I guess it's his Bourne Identity. 

I got Ruggs off the wire in one of my leagues.

With some good matchups coming,  he might be a candidate for pickup.

No guarantee hes available, but hes a guy I'd consider if I was in desparate need.

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

Not surprised that you would drop in and give an excellent scoop-and-play prospect. In fact, Bourne was the one other WR that I had in mind, and just barely missed the cut on my write-up. Besides the things you mention, he also has a nose for the end zone....as he showed last season (5 TD's on just 350 yards). I guess it's his Bourne Identity. 

Haha, thanks for the kind words, and great job on this thread. My guess is I just gave Bourne the kiss of death, but who knows. 

Just saw were Raegor is increasingly expected to play Sunday for the Eagles, and Goedert is possible....making the Greg ward scoop-and-play recommendation a bit more dicey, although still viable against the Cowboys.

Have denoted the above information in my OP, as well.

4 hours ago, stonewall said:

Just saw were Raegor is increasingly expected to play Sunday for the Eagles, and Goedert is possible....making the Greg ward scoop-and-play recommendation a bit more dicey, although still viable against the Cowboys.

Greg Ward's superpower is kind of his nondescriptness, though, so the more "obvious" targets that are on the field, the more likely Ward is to put up something like 5/76/1.

Deonte Harris for the Saints will be a decent play this week.  The key with the Saints is that Michael Thomas is really the only #1 wide receiver they have, so the guy who steps into that #1 role gets the Michael Thomas treatment and is shut down while the receiver that moves into that #2 role gets 8 targets because they're the one that gets open.

Anthony Miller seems to have 1-2 great games a year then fade. This could be the week with ARob concussed if you need to roll the dice

I added Greg Ward for flex this morning. Between injuries, bye weeks, the fact that my team really sucks this year, and the awesome Thursday night play of both Bridgewater and Gage I'm hoping Ward will make it look like I'm at least trying.

1 hour ago, Super Cubs said:

I added Greg Ward for flex this morning. Between injuries, bye weeks, the fact that my team really sucks this year, and the awesome Thursday night play of both Bridgewater and Gage I'm hoping Ward will make it look like I'm at least trying.

Hope that he does well for you. I'm sure that you noticed that both Reagor and Goedert were activated from IR and expected to play Monday.

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

Hope that he does well for you. I'm sure that you noticed that both Reagor and Goedert were activated from IR and expected to play Monday.

Thanks for the heads up. Our waivers are picked thin and there is not much to choose from.

On 10/29/2020 at 2:55 PM, stonewall said:

Ask you a question, have you heard any news about Lazard of the Packers, I read that he did practice this week, but I haven’t heard if he’s been removed from the IR spot . 

I would like to start him tomorrow. 

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Ask you a question, have you heard any news about Lazard of the Packers, I read that he did practice this week, but I haven’t heard if he’s been removed from the IR spot . 

I would like to start him tomorrow. 

Thank you. 

Although he would be a fantastic spot-start tomorrow....He is OUT

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/packers-allen-lazard-not-playing-sunday/

I decided to choose Corey Davis over the 3 mentioned, but was thinking about Reagor and Renfrow.

Gut said Renfrow but brain said Davis.

55 minutes ago, Byrdman5 said:

I decided to choose Corey Davis over the 3 mentioned, but was thinking about Reagor and Renfrow.

Gut said Renfrow but brain said Davis.

Gotta go with your gut.

I'm flexing in Raegor in a couple of leagues.

The problem with Raegor is he should be a deep threat and the Eagles o-line is too terrible to give him time to go deep.

I'm rolling with Agholor. Good matchup, should be somewhat of a shootout. Its also supposed to be very windy, so I'm hoping he gets peppered with some quick slants underneath.

Davis was my 2nd choice. Good matchup but he is clearly 3rd in the target list. 

Money is also available. But the Bears will probably be in ball control mode, with the saints missing their top 2 wr.

Have Slayton on my roster, but I cant risk a 0 this week.

Gallup was dropped this week and so was Ward. But this could be an ugly game.

K. Bourne is an interesting play. Should be a shootout with the Seahawks. Deebo is out. But chancing that 0 is keeping me away as he is the 3rd target behind Aiyuk and Kittle. 

47 minutes ago, nobody said:

The problem with Raegor is he should be a deep threat and the Eagles o-line is too terrible to give him time to go deep.

He does pose a deep threat, but his game also largely revolves around getting the ball in open space, like hitches, slants and screens. 

Not expecting a huge game, but he has the kinda upside that I look for in my flex. He is dynamic with the ball in his hands.

8 hours ago, stonewall said:

Although he would be a fantastic spot-start tomorrow....He is OUT

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/packers-allen-lazard-not-playing-sunday/

Thank you. 

I'm rolling with Tre'Quan at flex. Hoping for the best and expecting the worse.  But if he can get me 8+ points ppr I'm happy.

WR Scott Miller(TB)-  No Chris Godwin this week. Evans yards not there and I think Gronk  may be getting a little tired and he'll take it easy a bit in this game against the NY Giants. Thus, come on down Scotty  Miller, you're the next receiver for a monster game. Brady loves this guy, guess he reminds him of Edelman some. Going out on limb some here but he's gonna have his best game of the year so far so I see him getting, wait for it, lol.

9 catches for 113 yds. and 2 TDs.

1 hour ago, Super Cubs said:

I'm rolling with Tre'Quan at flex. Hoping for the best and expecting the worse.  But if he can get me 8+ points ppr I'm happy.

Surely, he is good for at least that in ppr....

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jackjohn said:

K. Bourne is an interesting play. Should be a shootout with the Seahawks. Deebo is out. But chancing that 0 is keeping me away as he is the 3rd target behind Aiyuk and Kittle. 

I like the the Bourne call.  Over the last couple of years, he seems to score more than should be expected given his role, but it could be brutal if he doesn't find the endzone.

1 hour ago, Showboat said:

I like the the Bourne call.  Over the last couple of years, he seems to score more than should be expected given his role, but it could be brutal if he doesn't find the endzone.

With the weather situation, I switched to Bourne. Still think I'm running Baker over Jimmy G...

15 hours ago, stonewall said:

Gotta go with your gut.

I'm flexing in Raegor in a couple of leagues.

Raegor gone and scared of the weather in Cleveland. Rain and 30 mph+ winds

1 hour ago, Byrdman5 said:

Raegor gone and scared of the weather in Cleveland. Rain and 30 mph+ winds

Agreed.....weather not looking too optimal, but they do say that inclement weather favors the offense.

Not super-excited about having to start Reagor....just rolling with upside and hoping for the best in a great matchup on paper.