Sign in to follow this  
Gladiators

States with massive spikes

I saw a headline that Trump is falling further behind in states with massive spikes.  Wisconsin was the example.  It seems counterintuitive.  If the state is having a massive spike, wouldn't that indicate the people in that state are less likely to wear a mask?  Wouldn't that also make them more likely to be a Trump supporting state?  Hmmm

6 minutes ago, fricker66 said:

I saw a headline that Kate Hudson was pregnant with an alien baby.

Link?

Listening to an expert virologist last night. He referenced a NY Times article explaining how PPR test are extremely sensitive to the point that it's catching cases where people who are asymptomatic, they have no ability to transmit it. Not even worth reporting it as a case.

He wasn't some quack either. The virus is real but he stated the media is ignoring critical facts and purveying extreme fear. Some good points he made, one, look at all the pro athletes or just people under 50 testing positive. No reports on them ever being hospitalized. Then people wearing masks riding bikes or nowhere near other people. It's absolutely ridiculous considering many of these people are very young. Their odds of dying are better in a plane crash by some insane number.

Only people that should use precautions are the elderly, morbidly obese and those with weak immune systems. Everyone else the threat is not even worth worrying about. 

There is much more to this virus than masks, but masks are all that people are talking about.  It's so stupid and irresponsible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Then people wearing masks riding bikes or nowhere near other people. It's absolutely ridiculous considering many of these people are very young. Their odds of dying are better in a plane crash by some insane number.

Went for a hike last weekend and was shocked by how many people I saw wearing masks and shaming me for not wearing a mask.  Outside, windy day, healthy people, and I'm getting glares from 30 feet away because I'm maskless.  ugh.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

Link to alien?

Sorry, I was making a bad missing link joke.  

1 minute ago, vomit said:

Went for a hike last weekend and was shocked by how many people I saw wearing masks and shaming me for not wearing a mask.  Outside, windy day, healthy people, and I'm getting glares from 30 feet away because I'm maskless.  ugh.

This doctor was super smart. I listening to him for a couple hrs. He's not even political. Just pointing out glaring facts. Another great point he made was that subject matter experts, they know a lot about a subject. They don't know all the subjects meaning they are not taking into account that taking extreme measures to stop one thing is going to have an extreme negative impact on other things making matters even worse.

Dr. Faucci and the CDC never mentioned it early on. Now they are saying it because it happened. Stressing out young families, excessive drinking, drugs, murder, crime, riots, toxic political violence and hatred. This all happened due to taking an extreme measure that was not needed and has de-evolved to the point parents are keeping kids out of school to make a political statement which is totally phucked up.

Just now, FlyinHeadlock said:

This doctor was super smart. I listening to him for a couple hrs. He's not even political. Just pointing out glaring facts. Another great point he made was that subject matter experts, they know a lot about a subject. They don't know all the subjects meaning they are not taking into account that taking extreme measures to stop one thing is going to have an extreme negative impact on other things making matters even worse.

Dr. Faucci and the CDC never mentioned it early on. Now they are saying it because it happened. Stressing out young families, excessive drinking, drugs, murder, crime, riots, toxic political violence and hatred. This all happened due to taking an extreme measure that was not needed and has de-evolved to the point parents are keeping kids out of school to make a political statement which is totally phucked up.

I'm on board with all of this.  I find myself in the unique situation that accepts that this virus is real and there are common sense things we can do to help prevent its spread, yet also realizing that we live in a world where people die all the time, and this virus is gonna kill a small % of people but we can't hide from it or destroy our society because we are scared.

26 minutes ago, vomit said:

When hiking with our dog I'll have a gaiter around my neck.  If I see old people approaching that start putting on their masks I'll pull up the gaiter to be polite. 

If I see young people doing the same I don't bother, as like you said we're outside and passing each other by for only a couple of seconds. Stay in your basement if you're otherwise healthy and still terrified.  Being where I live these people would also likely be the same folks peacefully protesting and believing covid takes a day off for that risky activity. 

2 hours ago, vomit said:

this virus is gonna kill a small % of people but we can't hide from it or destroy our society because we are scared.

Sure we can. And we are! 

• Thanks 1