Sign in to follow this  
gardenstatepkwy

Herbert ROS

He's been rolling this season, putting up numbers on par with the top QBs in the league.  If you take an average of his points over the season and put them into week 1 where he didnt start and the bye week, he's right in the top 5.

The question is: Do you see him keeping up this pace?  I've been rotating Brady and Ryan at QB and they are good but have tendencies to toss in those clunkers (under 20 pts) fairly often.  Herbert has had a game close to that number but seems steady otherwise. Those games where Brady or Ryan only score 14 pts are brutal and have killed me some weeks.  Would be nice to have a set and forget QB.

Why so set on "set and forget" ?  Why not just play matchups?  Sit Brady vs. Bears, play him vs. Raiders etc.  Herbert has been on a tear yes and he doesn't face a decent defense outside of Denver rest of the way (Pats yes but they may be out of the playoff race by then).  He's going to regress at some point, he's not Pat Mahomes... 

9 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Why so set on "set and forget" ?  Why not just play matchups?  Sit Brady vs. Bears, play him vs. Raiders etc.  Herbert has been on a tear yes and he doesn't face a decent defense outside of Denver rest of the way (Pats yes but they may be out of the playoff race by then).  He's going to regress at some point, he's not Pat Mahomes... 

10/1 int 800 plus yards in his last 3 games would probably be a good reason why.  Fock letting russ cook. Let herbert eat. 

• Like 1

I have seen only about a game and a half with JH QBn 

I could not believe how good he looked.

i am loving the up and coming generation of QBs.

Kyler-JHPatrick M-Josh Allen-Burrow-

and probably Tua

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

I would say Herbert qualifies as a set and forget QB (until he's not).

This :thumbsup:

Normally I dont jump on rookie QB's this quickly, but hes played some pretty good defenses and put up good numbers.  

hes now getting to the  point in the schedule where its softer defenses.   I would say start him until he proves you shouldnt be.

I have seen enough. The kid is legit and has no "quit" in him. This week he they took the reins off and let him run. He has no fear in the passing game and rightly so with his arm strength and accuracy. I put him in my QB spot for ROS barring injury. Can use my churn spot for other positions and not have to worry about fighting for the "flavor of the week" QB trying to play matchups.

• Like 1

I've been going with a trio of Brady, Ryan and Minshew and have been burned a couple of times playing QB roulette. I am now carrying Ryan and Brady.  Both of those guys can put up those 40 pt games, but they also both have a penchant for 16-19 point games.  Herbert seems to have that higher floor and the same or better possibility of putting up those 40 point games.  Looking at Herbert's number I love that consistent floor every week. 

1 hour ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

He's going to regress at some point, he's not Pat Mahomes... 

Neither was Pat Mahomes....until he was.

Last 3 games you get to pick 1 of 2 players. 

Player 1

10/1 901 yards passing 1 rush td

player 2 

8/5 965yards passing.

The one on top is obviously herbert. The one on the bottom is MVP candidate Russell Wilson. 

I made the mistake of sitting him for Allen this past week. And I kicked myself for it the moment after kickoff for the Bills/Jets game. 

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I made the mistake of sitting him for Allen this past week. And I kicked myself for it the moment after kickoff for the Bills/Jets game. 

I did the same thing playing Stafford and his juicy matchup against Atlanta. Cost me a win. Stafford now resides on the waiver wire. 

3 hours ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

I've been going with a trio of Brady, Ryan and Minshew and have been burned a couple of times playing QB roulette. I am now carrying Ryan and Brady.  Both of those guys can put up those 40 pt games, but they also both have a penchant for 16-19 point games.  Herbert seems to have that higher floor and the same or better possibility of putting up those 40 point games.  Looking at Herbert's number I love that consistent floor every week. 

Three qbs huh, seems really confusing 

He's playing about as good as any QB in fantasy the past few weeks.

I have him and don't plan on having another QB on the roster

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I would say Herbert qualifies as a set and forget QB (until he's not).

If your bench QB is Cam and the best QB on the waiver wire is Baker Mayfield, Herbert is pretty much set and forget.

2 minutes ago, jrbdmb said:

If your bench QB is Cam and the best QB on the waiver wire is Baker Mayfield, Herbert is pretty much set and forget.

At this point, if you have Herbert and you don't have Murray, Mahomes or Wilson, he's pretty much set and forget.

13 hours ago, weepaws said:

Three qbs huh, seems really confusing 

Those are the three guys I've been playing all season at different times. Never rostered all 3 together. Dropped Minshew for Ryan a few weeks ago when that owner panicked. And yes it is confusing, thats why I was wondering if Herbert can keep this consistency up.

11 hours ago, AxeElf said:

At this point, if you have Herbert and you don't have Murray, Mahomes or Wilson, he's pretty much set and forget.

If Herbert can get 275 yards and 2 TDʻs at Denver... I will officially consider him MATCHUP PROOF and just concentrate on TE and matching up RBʻs for the rest of the season.

3 hours ago, njacinto said:

If Herbert can get 275 yards and 2 TDʻs at Denver... I will officially consider him MATCHUP PROOF and just concentrate on TE and matching up RBʻs for the rest of the season.

Well, he'll have to tone it down a bit from his average of 25.76 fantasy points per game to come home with only 19 points at Denver, but we'll see if he can put a lid on it for one game if it will make you feel better.

well, Teams finally have some film to break down. 

I'd expect defenses to start to adjust to him soon enough.

There is now enough film that teams can find out what works best

So 25 fantasy points per game may not be a reasonabe estimate of what he should get week in and week out.   where he inevitably ends up will depend on how well he adjusts to the changes defenses make when they go up against him.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

So 25 fantasy points per game may not be a reasonabe estimate of what he should get week in and week out.

Past performance is the best predictor we have of future performance, so it's the most reasonable estimate that we have at the moment--although the standard deviation would be very high for a sample of this size.

Ive been starting him for a couple of weeks now.  sat him against Tampa as they were a tougher Defense and I regretted it.

I've started him since and have been happy with what hes done for me.

no complaints at  all.

16 hours ago, gardenstatepkwy said:

Those are the three guys I've been playing all season at different times. Never rostered all 3 together. Dropped Minshew for Ryan a few weeks ago when that owner panicked. And yes it is confusing, thats why I was wondering if Herbert can keep this consistency up.

I would pick up Hebert. 

And thanks for the reply. 

He’s avg 28 points per road game this season so far. 

This kid has some Moxy, plain and simple.

Set and forget for ROS, and top 5 QB pick next season in redrafts.

29 minutes ago, stonewall said:

This kid has some Moxy, plain and simple.

Set and forget for ROS, and top 5 QB pick next season in redrafts.

I'm delighted to have him in dynasty!

I don't want to jinx it but I think I have a starting QB for the next good little while

40 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I'm delighted to have him in dynasty!

I don't want to jinx it but I think I have a starting QB for the next good little while

You bet you do, and he's not some punk that'll go out getting in trouble. Underrated because Pac 12 is not on east coast but he'll be the best QB in and for a few years down the road-at least another Dan Fouts.

8 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

You bet you do, and he's not some punk that'll go out getting in trouble. Underrated because Pac 12 is not on east coast but he'll be the best QB in and for a few years down the road-at least another Dan Fouts.

I hope so, Dan Fouts put up some big numbers