Sign in to follow this  
LoOnAtIk

Buy Low: Cam Akers

I’m not sure if it’s a vision thing or maybe learning the system or maybe because of the nagging injuries but the kid is clearly more talented than Henderson and Brown. Forget the stats, watch one Rams game and you’ll see it. 

The Akers breakout game is coming soon and I think the rams will turn him loose once he does. Assuming his owner is fed up by the lack of involvement by now I think you can probably get him dirt cheap, especially in redraft.

I'm listening but you need to sell me.  I can't watch Rams games so tell me what I'm missing.  Why is this kid a buy when I don't see a reason right now?

34 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

I'm listening but you need to sell me.  I can't watch Rams games so tell me what I'm missing.  Why is this kid a buy when I don't see a reason right now?

He’s by far the most explosive giving him the most potential IMO. Henderson and Brown are just system guys, nothing special. Again just my opinion. Both are ahead of him on the depth chart making him a great buy low for the reasons mentioned above. He’s already sharing almost even with the other 2. Once he has a breakout game his price will shoot up, hence the buy low.

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Henderson seems the best overall player if he can stay healthy. Was having another good one before he was hurt. 

Perhaps right now, but I think Mcvay has seen enough of Henderson and Brown to know what he has in both. He wouldn’t go draft Akers if he felt they were good enough. Last couple games Akers has looked explosive. It might not show up in the box score but it shows on film.

Not buying it either, Akers had the worst per att avg of the three this past weekend. next season.  

I looked at Akers pretty hard when I was doing my dynasty draft.  He reminded me a ton of Christine Michael.  Very explosive athlete, but not a very good runningback.  His vision is poor.  If a hole opens up in his predetermined running lane, he can have big runs, but most of the time, he'll just run into his blockers and fall down.  

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

I looked at Akers pretty hard when I was doing my dynasty draft.  He reminded me a ton of Christine Michael.  Very explosive athlete, but not a very good runningback.  His vision is poor.  If a hold opens up in his predetermined running lane, he can have big runs, but most of the time, he'll just run into his blockers and fall down.  

I saw some pretty spectacular, ankle breaking cuts on Sunday vs the dolphins. That’s all I’m trying to say. Henderson and Brown hit the correct holes but they’re pretty vanilla average for an NFL RB. Henderson is actually pretty small too. Not to mention he might be hurt as is. If Henderson is announced questionable or out, the ship might have already sailed.

Hitting the correct holes is an important value when it comes to being a rb.  

I think I see three pretty avg Rbs on the Rams right now, I think next season we’ll truly see what Akers has or doesn’t have.  

1 hour ago, LoOnAtIk said:

He’s by far the most explosive giving him the most potential IMO. Henderson and Brown are just system guys, nothing special. Again just my opinion. Both are ahead of him on the depth chart making him a great buy low for the reasons mentioned above. He’s already sharing almost even with the other 2. Once he has a breakout game his price will shoot up, hence the buy low.

He is not sharing almost even with the other two. Are you just making things up? 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He is not sharing almost even with the other two. Are you just making things up? 

Let’s see yesterday Malcom Brown had 10 carries and Cam Akers had 9? Brown had 2 receptions and Akers had 1...

What makes you say I’m making things up?

Never seen a Brown or Henderson highlight like this because there isn’t one. They’re both decent RBs at best, but Akers has the potential to be a homerun RB. He’ll never be cheaper. You can probably get him for a WR2 or WR3 at this point if he’s not on your WW.

20 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Let’s see yesterday Malcom Brown had 10 carries and Cam Akers had 9? Brown had 2 receptions and Akers had 1...

What makes you say I’m making things up?

Henderson got hurt. HTH. What happened every other game before that? You must be making it up or you don’t know. Your choice. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Henderson got hurt. HTH. What happened every other game before that? You must be making it up or you don’t know. Your choice. 

Wtf does that have to do with Browns stats? Are you an idiot or just choose to be ignorant?

1 hour ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Wtf does that have to do with Browns stats? Are you an idiot or just choose to be ignorant?

You claimed that they are nearly in an even split. It’s not even close to that. Keep trying . 

5 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Perhaps right now, but I think Mcvay has seen enough of Henderson and Brown to know what he has in both. He wouldn’t go draft Akers if he felt they were good enough. Last couple games Akers has looked explosive. It might not show up in the box score but it shows on film.

Akers hasn't gotten any carries the last couple of games, outside of the Miami game where Henderson got hurt. 

@SF
Chi

1 hour ago, John Fox said:

Akers hasn't gotten any carries the last couple of games, outside of the Miami game where Henderson got hurt. 

@SF
Chi

Hasn't he been injured? 

14 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Hasn't he been injured? 

Point. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You claimed that they are nearly in an even split. It’s not even close to that. Keep trying . 

My god, you’re dense.

in a game where Henderson got hurt, Brown had 1 more carry and 1 more reception than Akers. What’s your problem??

1 hour ago, John Fox said:

@SF
Chi

All of the reasons for Akers lack of playing time are pretty well explained. (A) He’s a rookie, (B) he’s been hurt.

As a fantasy owner, these are the moves that win leagues. If you wait until after his breakout game, then you’re too late. 

His value will never be lower. Now is the time to buy. If Henderson gets announced out you’ll see the price begin to increase.

38 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

All of the reasons for Akers lack of playing time are pretty well explained. (A) He’s a rookie, (B) he’s been hurt.

As a fantasy owner, these are the moves that win leagues. If you wait until after his breakout game, then you’re too late. 

His value will never be lower. Now is the time to buy. If Henderson gets announced out you’ll see the price begin to increase.

You still made up that it’s been even or close to it.  No need  for that. 

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Hasn't he been injured? 

Not in a while. 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You still made up that it’s been even or close to it.  No need  for that. 

You still wanna go for it? 

explain to me how 1 carry and 1 reception difference between Brown and Akers is far off?

furthermore Henderson hasn’t had a single game with over 15 carries. Cam just had 9. There’s a reason Cam hasn’t been playing, I said it before he was probably dog housed for being a rookie or hurt or a combination of the 2. 

Cam was actually the starter week 2 before he got hurt.

Once the wheels start turning you’re gonna be sorry you missed out.

28 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not in a while. 

Tell me Dr. Troubadour how rib injuries work. You simply don’t know he’s not hurt.

Take Jonathan Taylor for example. I thought he looked like a fat POS yesterday but the report came out he played thru an ankle injury so I take the game with a grain of salt. 

10 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

You still wanna go for it? 

explain to me how 1 carry and 1 reception difference between Brown and Akers is far off?

furthermore Henderson hasn’t had a single game with over 15 carries. Cam just had 9. There’s a reason Cam hasn’t been playing, I said it before he was probably dog housed for being a rookie or hurt or a combination of the 2. 

Cam was actually the starter week 2 before he got hurt.

Once the wheels start turning you’re gonna be sorry you missed out.

Not an even split. Or close to it. I’m just correcting your mistake/ false statement. Sorry if it hurts, but everyone can’t have a trophy. 

Tell me Dr. Troubadour how rib injuries work. You simply don’t know he’s not hurt.

Take Jonathan Taylor for example. I thought he looked like a fat POS yesterday but the report came out he played thru an ankle injury so I take the game with a grain of salt. 

If the splits were even or close to it, why hasn’t he broke out yet? That would mean he’s had a good amount of opportunities. He hasn’t. 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not an even split. Or close to it. I’m just correcting your mistake/ false statement. Sorry if it hurts, but everyone can’t have a trophy. 

1 carry and 1 reception difference is not an even split? Are you a Henderson owner? Seriously what’s your problem?

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If the splits were even or close to it, why hasn’t he broke out yet? That would mean he’s had a good amount of opportunities. He hasn’t. 

You’re a dense idiot. I’m convinced. Scroll up it’s obvious, same reason lions signed Peterson. Akers is a rookie, he needs time to learn. No preseason for extra reps and then he got hurt. 

Now I’m just repeating myself. Keep riding Henderson to your fantasy championship. Let me know how that goes. 

1 carry and 1 reception difference is not an even split? Are you a Henderson owner? Seriously what’s your problem?

You’re a dense idiot. I’m convinced. Scroll up it’s obvious, same reason lions signed Peterson. Akers is a rookie, he needs time to learn. No preseason for extra reps and then he got hurt. 

Now I’m just repeating myself. Keep riding Henderson to your fantasy championship. Let me know how that goes. 

I’m dense? You said it’s up to an even split, and then have been laying out reasons why it’s not. You go read the thread. They have a bye. It’s a thigh injury, not a knee or an ankle. I have Akers and Henderson. I’ve been waiting all year and know what the splits have been, when Akers has been healthy. He barely plays. Get a grip. You want to look smart. Then be smart. 

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

Maybe HT is thinking an even split over multiple games.

Right, I’m eliminating the games where Akers didn’t get a touch because I think he’s either in the doghouse or hurt. Hence, the buy low. 

If Akers was already the top dawg in this RBBC I would have never started this thread.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m dense? You said it’s up to an even split, and then have been laying out reasons why it’s not. You go read the thread. They have a bye. It’s a thigh injury, not a knee or an ankle. I have Akers and Henderson. I’ve been waiting all year and know what the splits have been, when Akers has been healthy. He barely plays. Get a grip. You want to look smart. Then be smart. 

The ankle injury is in reference to Jonathan Taylor. I’ll get smart when you learn how to read.

57 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

The ankle injury is in reference to Jonathan Taylor. I’ll get smart when you learn how to read.

Right after you learn how to add. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Right after you learn how to add. 

Lol you’re an idiot HT. 

Can you contribute more to the thread than just being some stupid fact checking nazi? 15 is Henderson season high in carries, Akers is 9. Yes 15 is more than 9.

That’s not a big difference when you consider the following,

Henderson is/was at his peak.

Akers was hurt and is still learning.

That is the whole point of this thread. Again if he were already the top dawg in the RBBC we wouldn’t be here right now. 

MON, NOV 2, 6:54 PMROTOWIRE.COM

Henderson (thigh) is not expected to miss any time after a thigh injury forced him to leave Sunday's loss to the Dolphins early, Stu Jackson of the team's official website reports.

Spin: Coach Sean McVay indicated Monday that Henderson's thigh injury "is good," and he does not anticipate it impacting his availability for Week 10 following the team's bye. After his exit, Malcolm Brown and rookie Cam Akers handled backfield duties. Barring any setbacks, the second-year running back looks on track to take on his usual workload on Sunday, Nov. 15 against the Seahawks.

16 minutes ago, John Fox said:
MON, NOV 2, 6:54 PMROTOWIRE.COM

Henderson (thigh) is not expected to miss any time after a thigh injury forced him to leave Sunday's loss to the Dolphins early, Stu Jackson of the team's official website reports.

Spin: Coach Sean McVay indicated Monday that Henderson's thigh injury "is good," and he does not anticipate it impacting his availability for Week 10 following the team's bye. After his exit, Malcolm Brown and rookie Cam Akers handled backfield duties. Barring any setbacks, the second-year running back looks on track to take on his usual workload on Sunday, Nov. 15 against the Seahawks.

Well I guess with this news you can really get Akers super cheap, like free....

2 minutes ago, Mufaletta said:

Have had Akers bench stashed all year and it would take a pretty sizable offer to get me to cut loose (redraft)

Just wondering, since you’ve benched him this whole season, who would it take to get him from you, just wondering about his value? 

27 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Just wondering, since you’ve benched him this whole season, who would it take to get him from you, just wondering about his value? 

am a victim of Kittle going down, so I'd send him off for a T J Hokenson or a Noah Fant since I'm in a TE required league.     Doubt I could get that, though.

The trade value charts don't even have Akers (as of yet) listed as a value, meaning he is worth a waiver-type player/end of bench guy.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Well I guess with this news you can really get Akers super cheap, like free....

That’s the whole point of this thread. If at any point Akers assumes the starting role you have a potential homerun hitter of a RB. Henderson and Brown are just guys. They rely more on vision and blocking scheme to get their chunks. They’ve been in the league and the system longer. It makes sense why Akers hasn’t been playing. 

Think of the Fournette class with Mixon, CMC, and Dalvin.. maybe others I’m forgetting. You’re getting a consensus preseason top 4 rookie RB, for next to nothing midway thru the season. If you wait until he’s announced starter, his value shoots up again into the preseason territory.