Sign in to follow this  
LoOnAtIk

Buy Low: Cam Akers

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

One yard td run, did have a great game based on avg yards per game, but still second to Henderson in rush att. 

I need to see him have more then 15 run attempts to think about trusting him non ppr. 

A+

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

One yard td run, did have a great game based on avg yards per game, but still second to Henderson in rush att. 

I need to see him have more then 15 run attempts to think about trusting him non ppr. 

Trusting him in PPR is irrelevant to the thread.

The point was he’s trending in the right direction and he could’ve been acquired for a lot cheaper than today.

This might have been the breakout game but I still don’t trust him either. So in a sense I agree with you, but that was never the point of this thread.

4 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

The point was he’s trending in the right direction and he could’ve been acquired for a lot cheaper than today.

This might have been the breakout game but I still don’t trust him either. So in a sense I agree with you, but that was never the point of this thread.

This is what you said in your OP:

The Akers breakout game is coming soon and I think the rams will turn him loose once he does. Assuming his owner is fed up by the lack of involvement by now I think you can probably get him dirt cheap, especially in redraft.

So this would have to be considered his "breakout game, right?   So do you not think they will "turn him loose" anymore?

2 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Know what makes for a great dinner, on a  darn cold night, homemade chili, oh my, and Italian bread , mmm. 

Hey you take care, cover up.  

Thanks, always appreciate you 

11 hours ago, TimHauck said:

So this would have to be considered his "breakout game, right?   So do you not think they will "turn him loose" anymore?

I think McVey is one of those coaches who is too smart for his own good. It’s obvious that Malcom Brown is a short yardage back. Time to move on. We’ll see. 

14 hours ago, TimHauck said:

It’s hard to call 9 carries a true breakout game so I’m hesitant to start him this week. Just calling it like it is. Vegas has that game at 48.5 with rams -3. A shootout might not be in the cards so there might be better options this week but you could do a lot worse than Akers in the flex.

I think they see Akers as their future. The guy got hurt early and they have been taking it easy on him. Maybe he has some things left to learn as well. I have him under contract for the next few years and I'm feeling pretty good if he just keeps showing his talent and starts separating himself little by little by the end of the year while staying healthy going into the off season.

On 11/29/2020 at 8:11 PM, weepaws said:

Akers - 21 carries.

Henderson - 3 carries

Brown - 3 carries

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Akers - 21 carries.

Henderson - 3 carries

Brown - 3 carries

That appears to make it official. 

My week 13 opponent picked him up last week, but luckily for me, kept him on the bench :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Akers - 21 carries.

Henderson - 3 carries

Brown - 3 carries

Yeah congrats, he finally had a great game. 

Good job. 

I hope he can keep it up, for those that own him.  

32 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Akers - 21 carries.

Henderson - 3 carries

Brown - 3 carries

You called it.  I know you're too classy for a victory lap, but you deserve one.  Lots of people throughout history were mocked for their great ideas - Galileo, Einstein, and now we can add LoOnAtIk to that list.

I dunno...   Even if you bought low when this post was made--five weeks ago--were you really playing him today?  If you were that desperate, were you even in the running for the playoffs?  If you didn't make the playoffs, Akers going to help you much now.  If you did make the playoffs, it probably wasn't because of Akers, and now that you're in the playoffs, are you going to bench one of your RBs for Akers?

Like if Akers had taken off in Week 9 or even 10, I'd say this was a good call--but if you picked him up in Week 8 just to get to the point now that you might be able to start him out of desperation if you made it to the playoffs in spite of dragging his dead weight along with you for over a month--I don't know if it was such a genius move.

59 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I dunno...   Even if you bought low when this post was made--five weeks ago--were you really playing him today?  If you were that desperate, were you even in the running for the playoffs?  If you didn't make the playoffs, Akers going to help you much now.  If you did make the playoffs, it probably wasn't because of Akers, and now that you're in the playoffs, are you going to bench one of your RBs for Akers?

Like if Akers had taken off in Week 9 or even 10, I'd say this was a good call--but if you picked him up in Week 8 just to get to the point now that you might be able to start him out of desperation if you made it to the playoffs in spite of dragging his dead weight along with you for over a month--I don't know if it was such a genius move.

If anyone did start him last week he outscored Dalvin Cook and this week he outscored Derrick Henry. Is he lighting the world on fire? No, but you could do a lot worse than his 15 points per game last 2 weeks. 

I never said he’d be the reason you make or miss the playoffs but he can absolutely still be a league winner for owners with injured key players such as Josh Jacobs and/or CMC. 

Devontae Booker showed us today why handcuffs don’t always perform in the same fashion as the starter. He stunk today.

2 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

If anyone did start him last week he outscored Dalvin Cook and this week he outscored Derrick Henry. Is he lighting the world on fire? No, but you could do a lot worse than his 15 points per game last 2 weeks. 

I never said he’d be the reason you make or miss the playoffs but he can absolutely still be a league winner for owners with injured key players such as Josh Jacobs and/or CMC. 

Devontae Booker showed us today why handcuffs don’t always perform in the same fashion as the starter. He stunk today.

Well stated.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

If anyone did start him last week he outscored Dalvin Cook and this week he outscored Derrick Henry.

Teams that had Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry didn't need them this week; those teams are already in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Teams that had Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry didn't need them this week; those teams are already in the playoffs.

I have Cook, and yep, first round bye in the playoffs. Also have Akers on the same dynasty team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Akers - 21 carries.

Henderson - 3 carries

Brown - 3 carries

This is a victory lap.  

Not saying anything would have been a non victory lap. Imo. 

• Like 1

That's just facts.  A victory lap has a little bit of gloating in there.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Lol that’s not true but ok. 1 player doesn’t make an entire fantasy team. Regardless of how many point they’re scoring. Elf, that’s just an assumption, not fact. Especially considering those are 2 first round picks. Anyone can pick those guys and then completely bomb the rest of the draft.

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

This is a victory lap.  

Not saying anything would have been a non victory lap. Imo. 

Lol thanks?

9 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Lol thanks?

Looks like you nailed it. 

I tried to get him from the owner for relatively cheap in a combo trade over the last couple weeks but the guy decided against it.  He finally started Akers yesterday for the first time and it worked out for him.

• Like 1

The Jury is in:

Whether lucky or good, doesn't matter.....you were right.  Good call.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, nobody said:

Flawless Victory!!!

Who are you?

Yes indeed, this seals it for me, great call OP. 

• Like 1

Looks like green pastures ahead for this kid.

2 hours ago, taco breath said:

Looks like green pastures ahead for this kid.

I'm getting excited about his keeper potential for the future! 

20 hours ago, Cretins said:

I'm getting excited about his keeper potential for the future! 

Me too. 

Caaam Akers is the back to own, 

Foooootball fields are all his to roam.

Yaaaaards spreading out in front of him,

You can keep Chris Carson just gimme Cam for the win.

Out for week 16. Got one good game out of him. But it was a doozy. High pick next year. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Out for week 16. Got one good game out of him. But it was a doozy. High pick next year. 

Just asking , how high? 

Seems like an injury risk for 2021 IMO if he got hurt again after only getting more than 10 carries in 3 games.

Reminds me a little of Laurence Maroney circa 2007.   Definitely got burned on him that year.

Yeah I’m having a tough time putting together an early ranking  , and ranking Akers as a high draft pick.  

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

Just asking , how high? 

If they get rid of Brown or Henderson I would say just outside of the top ten rb’s. But the injuries are cause for concern. I guess we will see how he shows in the playoffs if he plays. 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If they get rid of Brown or Henderson I would say just outside of the top ten rb’s. But the injuries are cause for concern. I guess we will see how he shows in the playoffs if he plays. 

Thank you. 

On 12/22/2020 at 10:13 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t think brown or Henderson have any role other than back up. I’ve been saying that in this thread like a broken record now. Injuries, however, absolutely a cause for concern. 

If healthy, his ADP should not be affected by those other 2 JAGs on the roster.

2 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

If healthy, his ADP should not be affected by those other 2 JAGs on the roster.

This is why Jacksonville will never go to a Super Bowl--they always have 53 Jags on the roster.