Alias Detective

*Official 2020 Election Thread*

Was on line at 5:50. Took about 40 minutes. I’ve never had to wait before. 

I voted by mail weeks ago but I may go vote in person too. I know most of the poll workers so it shouldn’t be a problem. :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

Voted for all the white men with R next to their name. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Just now, BiffTannen said:

Edward R. Burke?

14 minutes ago, vomit said:

civil war here we come

I suggest leaving the country early. Get a head start on the rest of the losers.

On duty today in large city that will likely vote 90% Dem.  We rode around early and looked at polling places that were almost empty. Dems here staying home or just not awake yet. 

I've already voted.  On my way to pickup more ammo.   God Bless America. 

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

On duty today in large city that will likely vote 90% Dem.  We rode around early and looked at polling places that were almost empty. Dems here staying home or just not awake yet. 

The crack, heroin and meth take time to wear off.

36 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

So what do we expect today/tonight? From what I understand, there likely won't be a result tonight...

I think we'll find out that Biden won on Friday. Unfortunately...

Voted this morning, 40 minute wait, took much less time then I thought it would.  Straight R, easiest vote of my life.

There was no line for me.  In and out in 5 min.

The thing that took the longest was the line to feed the ballots into the counter.  I always get stuck behind a moron that can't figure it out.

So, my voting location was moved today. Something that would have been nice to know ahead of time. The folks at the fire station had no idea where it was moved to. Lots of shrugs, maybe the school that way, or the rec center the opposite way. Flip a coin. If you have one. Coin shortage and all that jazz.

Apparently the Philadelphia geniuses decided to combine the 6 closest voting centers into one location. You know, for the sake of social distancing.

Bad Things Happen in Philadelphia.

34 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

In and out in 5 min.

That’s what she said.

Wife and I going to another couples house for a watch party.  Few other couples as well...hoping for an orgy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wife and I voted at 8 am. There was a line but the # of cops, election officials and election challengers outnumbered the voters 3-1.  I guess COVID added a few steps to the process. 

I don’t wanna watch 5 hours of coverage and learn nothing.  What time would be best to tune in?  9pm? 10pm? January?  

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Well, since none of them work, what's the point in being awake before noon? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

There is a black man with an R next to his name here in Michigan. I was like C'MON MAN YOU AINT BLACK!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, Cdub100 said:

There is a black man with an R next to his name here in Michigan. I was like C'MON MAN YOU AINT BLACK!!!

Colon Powell?

Our family all did absentee ballots, 5 total.  Turned them in last week, got text and email confirmations that they were counted.  Funny, my two daughters voted mostly D, definitely Biden, and we had their completed ballots sitting in our house for a few days before my wife took them in.  I must love my children and/or this election process to have turned those in... at least my son voted Trump, so we were +1 for the good guys.  Hell, he was on the Trump bandwagon months before the 2016 primary debates, he was somewhat prescient for a then 20 yr old.  :unsure:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Do you have a prediction?

Still can't fathom why anyone would actually wait to vote on Election Day, not take advantage of the many early voting options available... Tradition, habit? Idk - just seems odd. Then to stand in line for an hour maybe on top of that - crazy. 

Just now, Cruzer said:

Still can't fathom why anyone would actually wait to vote on Election Day, not take advantage of the many early voting options available... Tradition, habit? Idk - just seems odd. Then to stand in line for an hour maybe on top of that - crazy. 

My boss recently moved, thought he had done everything to get  a mail in ballot, and then found out he had missed one step.  So he is voting in person today at lunch.  Other than something like that, I agree with you.  I sent mine in a few weeks ago.  Checked last night that they had received it and accepted it as valid.  So, I'm done.

• Like 1

With 70% of the country living damn near paycheck to paycheck I can't fathom how we actually can do anything.

6 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Let me help you. Toilet paper crisis of 2020. 

My wife and I went in and voted here in Arizona this morning.  No line at all but it was early.  Some jackass stopped us as we were walking in asking if we were there to vote.  Uh yes.  He tried to hand me a piece of paper saying it listed all the Democratic ticket names.  We said no thanks.  How is that legal?

3 minutes ago, Beaker15 said:

My wife and I went in and voted here in Arizona this morning.  No line at all but it was early.  Some jackass stopped us as we were walking in asking if we were there to vote.  Uh yes.  He tried to hand me a piece of paper saying it listed all the Democratic ticket names.  We said no thanks.  How is that legal?

In AZ those people are supposed to be a certain distance from the polling place, IIRC there is usually a sign at that distance.  Then again I’ve done absentee ballots for at least 10 years so I don’t know if that has changed.  :dunno:

18 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Giving people a week to vote, like they did here in MD, seemed to work well. No excuses. 

2 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

I think we'll find out that Biden won on Friday. Unfortunately...

If Trump wins, we won't know for weeks.  If Biden wins, you're right, we'll know before the weekend.

25 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

We live in a small town.  We walk 3 blocks to city hall and cast our votes.   It’s not a hassle at all, and it’s just the way we’ve always done it   

We also get to hand feed the ballot into the machine and wait for it to say “ballot accepted”.  So that feels official.  

But mostly, it’s just posturing on our part.  We own 2 businesses in the community, so we  want city officials and residents to see that we’re involved.  It’s a chance to see and be seen.   

We don’t wear the participation trophy stickers though.   They’re gay.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I don’t trust the liberals. They have shown they will do anything. They wrecked one city and took over part of another. Plus all the riots. Those people are unhinged. 

27 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

My wife voted yesterday because she had to work today, took her almost 3 hours. I voted today at the local church we always vote at, took 40 minutes. 

Easy. :dunno: