Alias Detective

*Official 2020 Election Thread*

1 minute ago, OldMaid said:

I’m tired of arguing with people who have become increasingly untethered from reality. Or I guess if you’re on the other side of it, I am. 

So, I’ll make make a bet with any of you guys who want to take it. If you win, you can ask for anything you want, that is within my power. But if I win, you have to publicly declare that the MSM is better at reporting facts, than any of your so called "news" sources, and denounce them for misinformation and conspiracy theories.

I bet that Joe Biden is sworn in on inauguration day, and becomes the 46th President of the United States.

Did the MSN cover the liberal democrat Gacy murders of over 33 children? 

The people that see violence and call it violence are being lectured from people that call it mostly peaceful, about reality? Alrighty then. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

I’m tired of arguing with people who have become increasingly untethered from reality. Or I guess if you’re on the other side of it, I am. 

So, I’ll make make a bet with any of you guys who want to take it. If you win, you can ask for anything you want, that is within my power. But if I win, you have to publicly declare that the MSM is better at reporting facts, than any of your so called "news" sources, and denounce them for misinformation and conspiracy theories.

I bet that Joe Biden is sworn in on inauguration day, and becomes the 46th President of the United States.

I think most people here think Biden is the next president. Who are you talking about? 

The left spent four years calling us Nazis and now they want us to listen to them when they say we’re the ones that are unhinged ? Pass. 

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think most people here think Biden is the next president. Who are you talking about? 

#metoo 

I don't know what the old maid is railing against. But this is the left in action. Always trying to attack people by making shlt up. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I sure as hell don't

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Evil doesn’t belong to any political side. 

Maybe not. But evil governments have been prolific enough as to be easy to spot. The denial of what we would call 1st amendment rights is how they start. They always have great reasons for doing so, and there are always scared people who go along with it and demand others do the same under the threat of ostracism.  

8 hours ago, OldMaid said:

Way to go out on a limb.  

Are you really that bothered by people who voted for Trump to want ro see the process through and have held out hope he wins based on fraud?

Get a grip.  Cool bet offer.  Ballsy stuff.

Let the process play out, whats the problem ? 

Dementia Joe has his official make pretend office to play pretend with and keep himself and his demented cult followers busy. Meanwhile,  normal clear headed emotionally stable people will wait it out and see where it goes. 

When did Gore concede again ?

11 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

The left wants to normalize pedophilia. That’s all you need to know

8 hours ago, OldMaid said:

Who's untethered? 

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Dementia Joe has his official make pretend office to play pretend with and keep himself and his demented cult followers busy. Meanwhile,  normal clear headed emotionally stable people will wait it out and see where it goes. 

I don't recall ever seeing "office of the president elect" backdrops and banners and such before.

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Election results, according to Democrats:

— 1960: Kennedy wins a razor-thin victory after a surprisingly high turnout of dead voters in Texas and Illinois — FAIR ELECTION, CLEAN AS A WHISTLE!!

— 1964: Landslide election for Lyndon Johnson — FAIR ELECTION, CLEAN AS A WHISTLE!!

— 1968: Nixon won with his racist (and mythical) “Southern strategy.”

— 1972: Nixon landslide — no provable cheating.

— 1976: Carter won — FAIR ELECTION, CLEAN AS A WHISTLE!!

— 1980: Reagan won by traitorously colluding with Iran to prevent the release of American hostages before the election!

— 1984: Reagan landslide — no provable cheating.

— 1988: Bush 41 won in a landslide because of his racist Willie Horton ads.

— 1992: Clinton won with 43% of the vote — FAIR ELECTION, CLEAN AS A WHISTLE!!

— 1996: Clinton won with 49% of the vote — FAIR ELECTION, CLEAN AS A WHISTLE!!

— 2000: Bush 43 was “selected, not elected” after the Supreme Court stole it for him.

— 2004: Bush won because of Diebold hacking the voting machines in Ohio.

— 2008: Obama won — FAIR ELECTION, CLEAN AS A WHISTLE!!

— 2012: Obama won — FAIR ELECTION, CLEAN AS A WHISTLE!!

— 2016: Trump won after colluding with Russia to persuade them to purchase $200,000 in Facebook ads.

35 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Holds up millions in transition dollars, ability to get transition staff in place, coordination of vaccine plans. there maybe more.  But sure, what's all that compared to the process of the President grifting his supporters one last tine. 

35 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I don't recall ever seeing "office of the president elect" backdrops and banners and such before.

Because they made it up. 

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Holds up millions in transition dollars, ability to get transition staff in place, coordination of vaccine plans. there maybe more.  But sure, what's all that compared to the process of the President grifting his supporters one last tine. 

Vaccine plans.  Lol. So what’s the big difference between what Trump will do and Biden? Wait, I know, Racism.  

18 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Trump took care of the vaccine situation in incredible record fashion.  2 viable candidates in something like 8 months. 

Really is fascinating,  thanks for bringing that up. 

Oh and Gore, I think it was December 13th. I could be wrong though. 

Play pretend with Joe,  it will keep you occupied.  

19 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Trump took care of the vaccine situation in incredible record fashion.  2 viable candidates in something like 8 months. 

Really is fascinating,  thanks for bringing that up. 

Oh and Gore, I think it was December 13th. I could be wrong though. 

Play pretend with Joe,  it will keep you occupied.  

Oh look, you can see my posts, even when you pretend you can't. 

A guy who was recently Vice President for 8 years is having difficulty making the transition back to the White House? Just throwing it out there and seeing what sticks I guess.  Joke. 

Deflecting the topic away from the election results and back to COVID response and Vaccine is a CCP driven tactic.  It's over.  The mask has been removed.  Come out and fight.

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

A guy who was recently Vice President for 8 years is having difficulty making the transition back to the White House? Just throwing it out there and seeing what sticks I guess.  Joke. 

Yes, it's just 1 guy moving into a job...geez, what's the big deal?  :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Deflecting the topic away from the election results and back to COVID response and Vaccine is a CCP driven tactic.  It's over.  The mask has been removed.  Come out and fight.

They couldnt of beat Trump without the covid this year.  No chance.

They either pushed the agenda for these reasons or got extremely lucky.  But either way they had not a chance if this Covid stuff never came about from a China laboratory.

21 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Yup, what is the big deal? You tell me. It was ok for Gore to wait until the legal process played out, why not Biden? Why does he deserve special consideration? Poor swampy Joe. Who will he find to work for him? 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yup, what is the big deal? You tell me. It was ok for Gore to wait until the legal process played out, why not Biden? Why does he deserve special consideration? Poor swampy Joe. Who will he find to work for him? 

Cuz 9/11 happened because of delayed transition.  Duh.

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Cuz 9/11 happened because of delayed transition.  Duh.

Love that one. So it wasn’t the fault of Bush then. It was Gores fault. Lol. They keep stepping on rakes. 

35 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

But he hasn't won it yet, he doesn't have a job except the one he's making pretend at.  The media doesn't pick the winner. Get educated,  toss your emotions aside and come back when you're better.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OldMaid said:

. If you win, you can ask for anything you want, that is within my power. 

Bets like this would explain the need for anal rejuvenation

• Like 1

Have libtards bother to think about what happens if Biden is sworn in and then the smoking gun about election fraud is discovered? There will be bloodshed. Count on it. I’m not going all civil war or anything, but if people think their rights were stolen and are being forced to live under an illegitimate majority, some of them are going to use force. We ask our military to serve and protect our rights. Citizens appreciate that sacrifice and are grateful for it.  But if their rights are not protected, the justification for violence will exist. Not some made up BS about police shootings of 3 people a year that has been going on forever and has actually dramatically improved. Real theft of our rights. And it will be in our face everyday. Liberlas need to step back and want this to play out and have at least the appearance of a legit government. Or they can rule the ashes. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Isnt Biden already doing this stuff? I see him stand up at a podium and tell people whats happening.  I see his cabinet being formed.

What exactly are you talking about here? Im genuinely interested.  What would Joe be doing that he isnt doing now?  

Ive never seen so much transition between presidents 2 weeks after the election.  

What do you mean by this?

Hell hasnt Biden talked with foreign leaders and organizations in the last week?  

What is being held up? What am I missing?

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Isnt Biden already doing this stuff? I see him stand up at a podium and tell people whats happening.  I see his cabinet being formed.

What exactly are you talking about here? Im genuinely interested.  What would Joe be doing that he isnt doing now?  

Ive never seen so much transition between presidents 2 weeks after the election.  

You can bet they are going to pull a stunt about fumigating the White House or some other childish nonsense. For unity. 

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Hell hasnt Biden talked with foreign leaders and organizations in the last week?  

The Obamas have to pick out their office. 

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Logan act violation? :dunno:

• Thanks 1

Who gets to tell Don he lost in a landslide to Sleepy Joe? Do the staffers draw straws?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Presidential Transition Timeline and Guide

What is a presidential transition:

What is a presidential transition?  

The time between a presidential candidate winning the election and the inauguration ceremony is known as the “transition.” The transition is run by the president-elect’s nonprofit transition team, which is separate from the campaign and has its own staff and budget.  

What happens during the transition?  

The transition marks the beginning of the complex task of a president-elect taking over the administration of the federal government. During this time, a president-elect often focuses on selecting his White House staff, led by a chief of staff, as well as key Cabinet posts.     

A president appoints around 4,000 people to positions across the government, with more than a quarter of them needing Senate confirmation. These administrators help to oversee 2.1 million civilian employees and 1.4 million active-duty military personnel, part of a federal bureaucracy with an annual budget of more than $4.5 trillion.   

In addition to filling positions, transition officials explore how a new president can turn campaign promises into federal policy. They often look at what actions can be taken quickly, such as rolling back executive actions taken by the previous president. They look at each federal agency to understand policy and staffing needs and will often have key team members shadow outgoing staff to prepare for new roles.  

When does the transition begin?    

Planning for the transition can informally begin at any time, however it officially starts when the outcome of the election becomes known. The Presidential Transition Act of 1963 allows the GSA to provide the president-elect team with offices and office equipment. The government also provides background checks for security clearance purposes.   

An updated law passed in 2010 allows major party candidates to begin receiving government assistance for the transition earlier in the process, permitting them to use government office space, computers and services immediately following the nominating conventions, which this year took place in August.  

Federal law also gives career civil servants significant power over the transfer of data and knowledge to incoming administration officials, an arrangement intended to reduce the risk of politicization. Agency transition directors are required to be senior career staff and not political appointees.  

17 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

If Biden gets sworn in, the GOP will outright revolt.  This is the last straw.  Trump is effectively keeping the country together by not conceding.

To be clear.  The revolt won't be over this.  This is the last straw.  This is about decades of lies from democrats and the press.  This is it.  No more.

I'm still waiting on those food riots you promised caused by the covid lockdowns.

NBC

Presidential transitions have always operated under a time crunch. In less than three months, the outgoing administration and career government officials try to convey years of intelligence, know-how, planning and work to the incoming administration, which is simultaneously in the process of identifying and hiring thousands of staffers.

“The transition is fundamentally about trying to make sure whoever the president is, they’re ready to go on day one,” Max Stier, president and CEO of the Partnership for Public Service, which houses the Center for Presidential Transition, said.

The Trump administration's delay is already keeping Biden from receiving high-level intelligence briefings and complicating his team's plans to move swiftly on the coronavirus. It could also hamper Biden administration staffing and security clearance processes while making it harder for the new administration to take the reins of government agencies.

William Cohen, the secretary of defense under President Bill Clinton who helped George W. Bush's incoming Republican administration get settled, described the process in an interview on MSNBC on Wednesday.

“The first thing I did was call his designated secretary of defense, Don Rumsfeld. And I said, 'Don, here are the 10 things I think you really have to look at when you come into this office. I'll sit down and go over it.' I made a list and it came out to 59. And I sat down with him for two days going over the 59 items that they really had to be concerned about,” he said. “And that's traditional. That's what a democracy is supposed to be about, that you want your successor to be in a position to protect and defend the interests of the American people.”

The next challenge is staffing. Stier said there are 4,000 political appointee positions in government for which candidates need to be identified, vetted, interviewed and hired. FBI field investigations are required for some security clearances,while outside financial interests must be disclosed to the Office of Government Ethics. Approximately 1,200 of those appointees, Stier said, require Senate confirmation. The staffing process is protracted for every new administration, and political insiders fear a delayed transition will mean critical positions will sit vacant for even longer than necessary.

“It takes a while to get security clearances,” Andy Card, former chief of staff for President George W. Bush, said in an interview. “Literally everybody who works at the White House has to have a background check done.”

Jeh Johnson, who served as homeland security secretary under President Barack Obama, told NBC News that the usual agency review process also allows an incoming administration to identify experienced personnel who want to continue to serve in government, even if the incoming president is a member of a different political party.

“The most senior example of that was of course Robert Gates, the Secretary of Defense. But there were more junior examples. One Bush political appointee in the [Department of Defense] General Counsel’s office made a personal appeal to me to stay on — ‘Let me prove myself to you,’” Johnson said in an email. “He was with me my whole four years at the Pentagon. Another Bush holdover ultimately became my chief of staff at DHS. Far too often, merit matters more than politics.”

The final two components of transition planning involve translating policy proposals into legislation and planning for how the president-elect and vice president-elect spend their time.

For Obama, who took office in January 2009 amid the Great Recession, this included beginning to negotiate and craft a stimulus bill that would be introduced in Congress six days after his inauguration and signed into law by February 2009.

The president-elect also traditionally uses the transition time to begin building diplomatic relations, taking calls with foreign heads of state with help from career diplomatsand facilitated by the State Department.

But before any of this can happen, the head of the General Services Administration has to recognize the incoming Biden administration by signing a letter of "ascertainment" — a process that has been mostly noncontroversial since the passage of the Presidential Transition Act of 1963.

The paperwork triggers the release of millions of dollars in transition funding and allows an incoming administration access to current government officials. Two days after Trump’s election, for example, the Obama administration issued a detailed fact sheet about how they were proceeding with Trump’s transition.

Johnson recalled briefing then-President-elect Trump during the transition and participating in the Presidential Daily Brief, the daily intelligence briefing the Trump administration has so far refused to allow Biden to receive.

“I personally visited President-elect Trump at Trump Tower to tell him some things I thought he needed to hear from me,” Johnson said. “I know he appreciated it.”

What’s happening now

Biden’s team has forged ahead with the traditional hallmarks of a transition: launching a task force to tackle the coronavirus, an immediate issue his administration will face, while beginning to name key staff.However, top aides have said the longer the Trump administration waits to ascertain Biden’s victory, the more it will hurt their ability to hit the ground running on Jan. 20, the day Biden is inaugurated.

“Each passing day, lack of access to current classified operations or back channel conversations that are happening really put the American people's interest as it relates to their national security at risk,” Biden transition official Yohannes Abraham said.

The Biden team has announced agency review teams, but those teams cannot yet meet with current government employees. A source close to the transition told NBC News the Biden campaign is starting with people they can talk to, like outside experts, nongovernmental organizations and union leaders.

"Normally what you would probably do is go talk to the agency people first and then talk to the outside stakeholders," the source said. The Biden transition team is "just basically reversing the process and doing the other ones first."

The source said the delays are "manageable right now. If those go on for a longer period of time, it does become problematic."

Biden has a head start on other presidents-elect when it comes to the process of forging diplomatic relationships thanks to his eight years as Obama’s vice president.

Biden’s chief of staff, Ron Klain, said Thursday on MSNBC that Biden has been taking calls with foreign leaders including German Chancellor Angela Merkel and the Pope, who both already had his personal phone number.

However, concerns have been raised about security as Biden’s team is operating without the support traditionally provided by the State Department.

National security at stake

The slow-walking of Biden’s transition has raised red flags among past government officials. Many have pointed to the delayed transition after the 2000 election, which the 9/11 Commission said made it harder for the Bush administration to staff people fast enough.

“The new administration did not have its deputy cabinet officers in place until the spring of 2001, and the critical subcabinet officials were not confirmed until the summer—if then. In other words, the new administration—like others before it—did not have its team on the job until at least six months after it took office,”the 9/11 Commission Report noted, recommending an accelerated process for national security appointments.

Both Johnson and Card said foreign affairs and national security were key concerns.

“The world is very dangerous,” Card said, pointing particularly to an increasingly bellicose China.

“Our adversaries look for weak spots and moments to take advantage and exploit. If they perceive us as distracted or in disarray, that could be one of those moments,” Johnson told NBC News.

Johnson, along with other former Homeland Security chiefs, penned a letter arguing that "we do not have a single day to spare to begin the transition."

Biden’s foreign policy chops may lessen his learning curve when it comes to early diplomacy, but Card argued that it’s not just the former vice president who needs to get up to speed.

“His learning curve will not be very steep — that is an advantage. But it’s not just what the president knows, it’s what kinds of people advise the president. They are the oneswho should be climbing that learning curve with him,” Card said, adding that the president needs a team of smart advisers to challenge and guide him.

Card said the presidency is a hard job, without adding the kind of surprises or unintended consequences that a shortened transition could bring on.

"Almost no decision a president makes should be an easy decision,” he said.

How was Bush able to to do the uncermountble task of transitioning when that went into December? Joe Biden should give him a call and find iut his secrets.

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

How was Bush able to to do the uncermountble task of transitioning when that went into December? Joe Biden should give him a call and find iut his secrets.

I remember the 2000 election being close.