Alias Detective

*Official 2020 Election Thread*

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Not sure how you are doing your math, but flu deaths aren't anywhere near 300K deaths per year.

CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000  61,000 deaths annually since 2010.

Neither is Covid. CDC said most of covid bodies is not directly related to covid. Hard to get that through to people. Probably would have to go through shock therapy to comprehend and accept it as fact.

12 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Not sure how you are doing your math, but flu deaths aren't anywhere near 300K deaths per year.

CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000  61,000 deaths annually since 2010.

61,000 deaths huh? I guess that wasn't significant enough for creepy joey to waste his time curing that problem. But now that it reached 100,000 (we will never know the real numbers because the left blames every death on chinese flu), joey's gonna take care of it for us.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

61,000 deaths huh? I guess that wasn't significant enough for creepy joey to waste his time curing that problem. But now that it reached 100,000 (we will never the real numbers because the left blames every death on chinese flu), joey's gonna take care of it for us.

There is a different strain of influenza every year. Makes it impossible to 'cure' the problem. That's why there is a new flu shot every year---because it can't be cured.

38 minutes ago, lod001 said:

You do realize that all these dead people already had something wrong with them because they were too stupid to take care of #1. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. We are an unhealthy nation of overweight timebombs walking around. Covid is just thinning the herd.

America was the only non-European country to make the top 10, and it had the ninth highest rate of obesity in the world with 35 percent of the adult population classified as dangerously overweight.

'oh, he was as healthy as an ox.' No, he was the size of an ox.

'He was only 49 and healthy.' Um, no, when they checked him into the hospital they found out he was a ticking timebomb with HBP and diabetes. That's why he's dead, morons.

'he was only 18 years old'. Yeah with a ticking time bomb in him called a heart ailment that you never addressed.

It’s kinda like another existential threat du jour, climate change:  people act like we are all going to die if we don’t stop burning fossil fuels, yet those same people won’t get behind nuclear energy as the obvious solution, and natural gas as the next obvious solution.  They would rather chase windmills with... windmills, which will never scratch the surface of our energy needs.  I know that to those people climate change is a cult, not a problem to actually be solved.

Similarly, wearing masks is a finger in the dike holding back the real problem in this country, which you mentioned. Gawd forbid we talk about it and make some fatties feel bad.  Besides, big pharma makes mint off of all of those meds, they don’t want people taking the stairs or eating a salad.  :thumbsup:  

In a few years we’ll have some new virus, a bunch of morbidly obese people will die, we’ll have more lockdowns, rinse and repeat.

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

61,000 deaths huh? I guess that wasn't significant enough for creepy joey to waste his time curing that problem. But now that it reached 100,000 (we will never the real numbers because the left blames every death on chinese flu), joey's gonna take care of it for us.

5 digits isn't a lot of people so it doesn't matter. But, boy, if you get 6 digits then you can start caring.

This from the crowd who likes to chant "if it saves just one life it's worth it" when enacting policy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

There is a different strain of influenza every year. Makes it impossible to 'cure' the problem. That's why there is a new flu shot every year---because it can't be cured.

There has never been a virus cured in the history of mankind. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There has never been a virus cured in the history of mankind. 

Not sure that's correct, Polio and smallpox are both spread by virus. They have both been eradicated due to vaccines,..but maybe I'm not clear on what you mean by 'cured'

Not sure that's correct, Polio and smallpox are both spread by virus. They have both been eradicated due to vaccines,..but maybe I'm not clear on what you mean by 'cured'

No virus in the history of man can be cured.  That's the nature of viruses.  Maybe you're thinking of bacteria type diseases.

19 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Neither is Covid. CDC said most of covid bodies is not directly related to covid. Hard to get that through to people. Probably would have to go through shock therapy to comprehend and accept it as fact.

That contractor that fell off a roof last week was definitely Covid

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

The virus still exists. And some people can still get the disease despite inoculation. So we could be looking at different strains of coronvirus every year from now on. Are we still going to do lockdowns and masks? 

2 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

No virus in the history of man can be cured.  That's the nature of viruses.  Maybe you're thinking of bacteria type diseases.

I kind of figured that was what he was getting at by 'cured', just wanted to double check...since they can be (mostly) prevented via  immunization.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Come on everyone. Let's look at the bright side of things.

They should give Biden the 1st shot of vaccine, maybe with some luck it will re-inflate his shriveled up brain.

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The virus still exists. And some people can still get the disease despite inoculation. So we could be looking at different strains of coronvirus every year from now on. Are we still going to do lockdowns and masks? 

Clearly, I'm not an immunologist, but I think it deadly strains of coronavirus are probably as common as the more deadly strains of the flu(think 1918). Just depends on the severity of the mutation.  :dunno:

Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that can cause illnesses such as the common cold, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). In 2019, a new coronavirus was identified as the cause of a disease outbreak that originated in China.

Clearly, I'm not an immunologist, but I think it deadly strains of coronavirus are probably as common as the more deadly strains of the flu(think 1918). Just depends on the severity of the mutation.  :dunno:

Well, if we are getting 60k kills a year from the flu, and this thing is easier to spread and more deadly, what’s the number going to be going forward that we accept without lockdowns? 100k? 

35 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You're right. That was a typo on my part. I've been going by this: 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, if we are getting 60k kills a year from the flu, and this thing is easier to spread and more deadly, what’s the number going to be going forward that we accept without lockdowns? 100k? 

I think the answer would be found using a formula of mortality rate and communicability rate.

We went into lockdown at 30K deaths in the country---based on the 'deadliness' of the disease. Again...not an immunologist...and the people making decisions don't have me up on the consultation list. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Between 1 million and 2 million.

24 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

That contractor that fell off a roof last week was definitely Covid

Indeed. Forensics proved he died of covid 1/8 of a second before hitting the ground.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Dismissing COVID deaths due to co-morbidities is like dismissing Titanic deaths because people drowned or died of hypothermia.

Horrible argument. Terminal cancer in hospice should never be chaulked as a Covid Win. They were going to die of cancer even with a covid cure. 

10 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

Dismissing COVID deaths due to co-morbidities is like dismissing Titanic deaths because people drowned or died of hypothermia.

No.  Counting all these anomalies as Covid deaths is like counting someone who fell and hit their head disembarking the Carpathia as a Titanic death.

12 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

This is a terrible analogy, Rusty. 

20 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

To me the question is John Roberts.  He is a coward.  But in which way will he be a coward?

1.  He could vote against Trump, the SC goes 5-4 and gives Trump a sweeping victory written by someone like Alito.  Roberts can say he had nothing to do with it.
2.  He could vote for Trump, the SC goes 6-3, so that he can write the opinion and water it down to try to split the middle and ultimately anger absolutely everyone on both sides and likely destroy his career by trying to save his career by hiding.  And cowards do that.

You're calling someone a coward when you're afraid to even answer a question about whether you would participate in the inevitable Civil War.

Dismissing COVID deaths due to co-morbidities is like dismissing a pizza place due to its check acceptance policy.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

You're calling someone a coward when you're afraid to even answer a question about whether you would participate in the inevitable Civil War.

How can one not participate if they are forced into it? What would you do if someone was taking over your belief system? 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Dismissing COVID deaths due to co-morbidities is like dismissing a pizza place due to their check acceptance policy.

Dismissing someone in hospice with days to live with cancer and counting it as a covid death is effin retarded.

Dismissing COVID deaths due to co-morbidities is like dismissing the Soilost’s predictions because he got 8.5 out of 10 wrong.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

How can one not participate if they are forced into it? What would you do if someone was taking over belief system? 

It would be pretty easy not to participate.  Just pack up your sh¡t and leave.

5 minutes ago, nobody said:

rofl. you have justincharge derangement sndrome.

Yes, you live rent free... har-har-har.  

It can't just be that you're a focking dingbat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

It would be pretty easy not to participate.  Just pack up your sh¡t and leave.

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Dismissing COVID deaths due to co-morbidities is like dismissing a pizza place due to its check acceptance policy.

Might be only 5 geeks who get this joke, which is too bad, cause it was a really good one.  :doublethumbsup:

28 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

How can you hear this woman utter the words "clear alternate cause" and not know these numbers are embellished?

4 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

PA Gov just banned alcohol sales because of China bat shLt virus despite deaths going down. I don't think this will work out well at all.

Can they still golf and play basketball? 

3 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

PA Gov just banned alcohol sales because of China bat shLt virus despite deaths going down. I don't think this will work out well at all.

Banned them for Wednesday evening, the day before Thanksgiving, because people like to drink that day.  :thumbsup:

HARRISBURG – Bars and restaurants will not be able to sell alcohol on what’s typically their biggest night of the year as part of new mitigation efforts against COVID-19. During a news conference Monday, Governor Tom Wolf and Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine announced the suspension of alcohol sales at bars and restaurants from 5 p.m. Wednesday through 8 a.m. Thursday, Thanksgiving Day.  The Governor’s office says, “Pennsylvania bars and restaurants will not be permitted to sell alcohol after 5 p.m. Wednesday in an effort to prevent large gatherings Thanksgiving Eve and slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).”

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Might be only 5 geeks who get this joke, which is too bad, cause it was a really good one.  :doublethumbsup:

Thanks, I was hoping a few would get it.  :cheers: