Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Packers RB situation

Good week for Rodgers on the horizon

Packers RB Jamaal Williams is out for Week 9 against the 49ers. 
Both Williams and LB Kamal Martin were designated high-risk close contacts with AJ Dillon, who tested positive for COVID-19. Williams, who was told to not practice Monday, will miss Thursday's game against the Niners. Aaron Jones' (calf) Week 9 status is unknown after he logged a limited practice Monday, and Dillon and Williams are out, meaning Tyler Ervin is the team's only healthy running back right now. Dexter Williams -- who played four games for the Packers in 2019 -- could be called up from the practice squad before the team's Thursday night game, becoming a savvy waiver add in deeper leagues. 

RELATED: AJ Dillon, Dexter Williams, Aaron Jones, Tyler Ervin
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Nov 3, 2020, 11:09 AM ET

What exactly does 'high-risk close contacts'  mean ?

Hopefully it wasn't a ménage a Trois  🤣

Hoping that they give Jones another week off.  This should be an easy W against a depleted team.  Little reason to play him at less than 100% and risk complications. 

I guess in the event Aaron Jones is out, Ervin would be the play.  Figure 6 targets and maybe 10 carries.  Dexter gets about 12 carries or so.  I've been pretty decimated so it's down to one of these guys and a poo poo platter of Manny Sanders coming off covid, Dakless Ceedee, perpetually hurt on the first play Diontae Johnson, and spatula hands Nelson Algholor and I have to start 4 of them total along side rookie of the year James Robinson.

1 minute ago, Lagarz said:

Jones is in but wondering how much action he gets

They don't start guys they are worried about.  Very cautious team.  If he's gonna play I'd call him a viable option.