Sign in to follow this  
shaabyi

Antonio Brown #58 ???

Yes he has been out of the league for a bit, but do you really think Brown is ranked #58 for the week against NO?? He is staying at Tom Brady's house (true story). You don;t think they are going through plays and to boot it is a prime time game.... who comes up with these rankings and please justify your #58 response.

16 minutes ago, shaabyi said:

Yes he has been out of the league for a bit, but do you really think Brown is ranked #58 for the week against NO??

Right?  #58 is WAY too high.  Probly more like #88.

He might be kinda good for Jones, though, if he draws extra coverage leaving fewer defenders focused on the run.

58th on the projections would be 3rec for 40yds range... seems pretty realistic.  Brady's slinging it 38 times per game, I could see 5 of those going to Brown.  Not sure I'd expect more than that his first week back, though...

58th is to low, he’ll have a good game.  

As of right now, I'm rolling him out there in my starting line up this week.

Injuries and bye weeks have me rolling the dice a bit, especially at WR.

I know it's risky starting him 1st game back, but the upside is tremendous, risk I have to take.

As far as his ranking? 58...

I don't know, that's at the point where it's kind of pointless to rank them.

I would say if you have solid starters, then I wouldn't start him, but if you're looking on the WW or something like that, he's definitely worth consideration.

If he does play a decent amount of snaps, I bet he finds the end zone

58 Would be ranking him as a low wr5, that’s not going to be the case. 

26 minutes ago, weepaws said:

58 Would be ranking him as a low wr5, that’s not going to be the case. 

Agree, but there's already a lot of mouths to feed in Tampa Bay.

(at least when they're all healthy)

Player
G
Rec
Yds
Y/G
Avg
Long
YAC
1stD
TD
Fum
FL
8 25 400 50.0 16.0 47 3.4 16 2 0 0
8 30 373 46.6 12.4 50 2.4 23 7 0 0
8 26 321 40.1 12.3 31 4.7 16 3 1 0
4 25 279 69.8 11.2 30 4.3 15 2 0 0
Tyler Johnson.   
6   9 107 17.8 11.9 35 2.2 6 2 0 0
Antonio Brown TBD

1 hour ago, easilyscan said:

Player
G
Rec
Yds
Y/G
Avg
Long
YAC
1stD
TD
Fum
FL
Tyler Johnson.   
Antonio Brown TBD

Plus the two Rbs , Fournette and Jones. 

I don’t disagree. 

But a wr5?  Naw. 

Also thanks for posting those stats, I always enjoy seeing them. 

1 hour ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

There’s no way, he doesn’t score this weekend.

But it will be after the game, and against her will.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Kent said:

Godwin has a cast on his hand still. 

So all of Godwin's & Tylers targets and all but one of Scotty Millers.

Tampa Bay is a mirage when people look at their offensive weapons.   Evans is over-rated, he's not the same guy he was during his first few years.  Godwin is excellent,  but can't stay on the field.  Gronk will always be a goal line threat and good for a big play here and there but the constant beating he has taken is showing.  The loss of Howard is bigger than people think.  Yes he struggled last year, but with Brady you could see a relationship building.  His ability to stretch the middle of the field is something that Gronk can't do anymore. 

Brown was brought in to be the Edelman for Brady.  The job Godwin had before leaving the field with a hangnail and nose bleed before that. he will be bigger than people think. Maybe not right away, but week 10 and beyond he will be leading the team in receptions on a per game basis. 

this is just my opinion.  I'm right about 50 percent of the time lol

Side note:  brown is living with Brady.  Which means that there’s no monkeying around.  Studying film is a daily chore in that house. They are building chemistry off the field as well 

16 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Player
G
Rec
Yds
Y/G
Avg
Long
YAC
1stD
TD
Fum
FL
Tyler Johnson.   
Antonio Brown TBD

LOL, the "too many mouths to feed" argument again.

16 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, the "too many mouths to feed" argument again.

Yes, when healthy.   But Godwin who’s their best receiver has a fractured index finger.  Even if he comes back there’s no guarantee it holds up.also,  I’d be shocked if gronk lasted this year without something. And Scotty Miller is constantly limping around.  

The A Brown ranking doesn't look out of place to me.  Tier 7.  I'd play  Cole Beasley over him (rank 54).  Very unsettled for A Brown this week.

The bigger picture is if you have to play A Brown this week you are a little desperate, just admit it.

15 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

There’s no way, he doesn’t score this weekend.

I think Brady is going to do everything in his power to get Brown a TD. Just look at Brown's stats in his first and only game as a Patriot vs the Dolphins last year. 

5 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

Tampa Bay is a mirage when people look at their offensive weapons.   Evans is over-rated, he's not the same guy he was during his first few years.  Godwin is excellent,  but can't stay on the field.  Gronk will always be a goal line threat and good for a big play here and there but the constant beating he has taken is showing.  The loss of Howard is bigger than people think.  Yes he struggled last year, but with Brady you could see a relationship building.  His ability to stretch the middle of the field is something that Gronk can't do anymore. 

Brown was brought in to be the Edelman for Brady.  The job Godwin had before leaving the field with a hangnail and nose bleed before that. he will be bigger than people think. Maybe not right away, but week 10 and beyond he will be leading the team in receptions on a per game basis. 

this is just my opinion.  I'm right about 50 percent of the time lol

3 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

Yes, when healthy.   But Godwin who’s their best receiver has a fractured index finger.  Even if he comes back there’s no guarantee it holds up.also,  I’d be shocked if gronk lasted this year without something. And Scotty Miller is constantly limping around.  

Biased much?  LOL

23 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Right?  #58 is WAY too high.  Probly more like #88.

He might be kinda good for Jones, though, if he draws extra coverage leaving fewer defenders focused on the run.

Not to be nit picky, but you misspelled Fournette.

35 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

not sure what you mean

Comes across that way.  Evans is overrated, even though he's recorded 6 consecutive seasons with over 65 receptions and 1,000 yards with bums as QB's passing to him and him being the primary target.  Teams couldn't/can't cover him with 1 DB.  He's legitimately one of the 10 best (possibly even 5), WR's in the NFL.  I think this year even cements that fact.  He was under 60% catch% every year, with the exception of 2018... because his catch% was over 67% with Fitzpatrick.  This year, with Brady and playing on one leg and no off-season to develop a rapport with his new QB, he's still over 65%.  Kinda makes one think that he'd probably be over 70% with better QB's.

You claim Godwin "can't stay on the field", when he played in 46 of his 48 games in the NFL and 4 of 8 this year.  Yeah, the hamstring is an issue, but the illegal hit causing a concussion and a broken finger requiring surgery are flukes.  Not really expecting something like that to happen again.  Even still, assuming he doesn't play this week again, he will have played in 50 of his first 57 games.  That's not really what I'd call someone who "can't stay on the field".

Howard isn't a big loss.  He's a good blocker and a terrible route runner.  Yes, he is a good pass catcher, but the reason why he's underwhelmed in fantasy is because he's rarely where he's supposed to be.  He's a guy you can tag as a guy who "can't stay on the field", because he can't.  He's finished each of his 4 seasons on the IR.

I guess why I say that you appear biased to me is because you seem to have a very inaccurate assessment of the team.

54 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Comes across that way.  Evans is overrated, even though he's recorded 6 consecutive seasons with over 65 receptions and 1,000 yards with bums as QB's passing to him and him being the primary target.  Teams couldn't/can't cover him with 1 DB.  He's legitimately one of the 10 best (possibly even 5), WR's in the NFL.  I think this year even cements that fact.  He was under 60% catch% every year, with the exception of 2018... because his catch% was over 67% with Fitzpatrick.  This year, with Brady and playing on one leg and no off-season to develop a rapport with his new QB, he's still over 65%.  Kinda makes one think that he'd probably be over 70% with better QB's.

You claim Godwin "can't stay on the field", when he played in 46 of his 48 games in the NFL and 4 of 8 this year.  Yeah, the hamstring is an issue, but the illegal hit causing a concussion and a broken finger requiring surgery are flukes.  Not really expecting something like that to happen again.  Even still, assuming he doesn't play this week again, he will have played in 50 of his first 57 games.  That's not really what I'd call someone who "can't stay on the field".

Howard isn't a big loss.  He's a good blocker and a terrible route runner.  Yes, he is a good pass catcher, but the reason why he's underwhelmed in fantasy is because he's rarely where he's supposed to be.  He's a guy you can tag as a guy who "can't stay on the field", because he can't.  He's finished each of his 4 seasons on the IR.

I guess why I say that you appear biased to me is because you seem to have a very inaccurate assessment of the team.

In conclusion:   Antonio Brown was a must sign 

1 hour ago, posty said:

Ten catches, 175 yards, 2 TDs...

For the 3 games he plays before he acts out and gets cut?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JagFan said:

For the 3 games he plays before he acts out and gets cut?

The OP was questioning his ranking for the week, try to keep up...

3 hours ago, posty said:

The OP was questioning his ranking for the week, try to keep up...

Obviously I don’t think he’ll do much this week.  Try to keep up...

I have Robby, Chark, Claypool, Brown. I get to play two.  Pretty easy for me. Robby and Brown.

Chark - new QB, could take a bit

Claypool - COnner will run wild because you won't need to throw on Dallas to beat them

Claypool as avg 14 points per game over his last five, Anderson 8. 

I would go with Claypool.  

I can see what you mean Weepaws, but Chiefs will lead this whole game so Carolina will have to throw a lot.

Claypool can eat some nachos with the other WR's, Dallas is horrible. lol

18 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

In conclusion:   Antonio Brown was a must sign 

"Must sign"?  No.  It's a luxury sign.  He was cheap and he used to be great.  It's a no risk / high reward signing.  But no, it wasn't a "must sign".

1 hour ago, shaabyi said:

I have Robby, Chark, Claypool, Brown. I get to play two.  Pretty easy for me. Robby and Brown.

Chark - new QB, could take a bit

Claypool - COnner will run wild because you won't need to throw on Dallas to beat them

I have Shenault in one league.  I'm taking a gamble on him as my flex.  A shot in the dark.  When backup QB's start, the WR's that they practice the most with, usually have good weeks.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Claypool as avg 14 points per game over his last five, Anderson 8. 

I would go with Claypool.  

,In those 5 games (non-ppr), he got 2.4, 29, 7.4, -0.2, & 10.2.... PPR: 3.4, 36, 11.4, 0.8, & 15.2 = 0 Trust.

In the 4 games where Diontae Johnson was healthy and played the whole game, Claypool got 5.9 (3.9 in non-ppr), 17.8 (14.8 in non-ppr), 0.8 (-0.2 in non-ppr), and 15.2 (10.2 in non-ppr).  I don't think Claypool has done enough to warrant a "benefit of the doubt" designation.

40% of his total points came in 1 game.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

,In those 5 games (non-ppr), he got 2.4, 29, 7.4, -0.2, & 10.2.... PPR: 3.4, 36, 11.4, 0.8, & 15.2 = 0 Trust.

In the 4 games where Diontae Johnson was healthy and played the whole game, Claypool got 5.9 (3.9 in non-ppr), 17.8 (14.8 in non-ppr), 0.8 (-0.2 in non-ppr), and 15.2 (10.2 in non-ppr).  I don't think Claypool has done enough to warrant a "benefit of the doubt" designation.

40% of his total points came in 1 game.

I agree,  Claypool hasn’t done enough.  

But his last four games, he’s scored 10 plus non ppr points in three of them. 

I didn’t see the poster say anything about owning D Johnson. 

Now since you brought that up. 

Anderson as become the third best wr on the Panthers.  

Last three games played by C Samuel, and D Moore, they’re both avg 11 points per game, Anderson is avg 6.  

Non ppr of course.  

Looks like a guy named Mccaffery is due back, mmm , Cowboys def stinks, I’ll take Claypool.  

Thanks. 

The only thing preventing him from 300 yards and 5 TDs this week is Bubby Brister isn't his QB.

On 11/5/2020 at 7:28 AM, Canadianfan said:

Side note:  brown is living with Brady.  Which means that there’s no monkeying around.  Studying film is a daily chore in that house. They are building chemistry off the field as well 

maybe so.  but he still is learning the playbook.  

i guarantee there are 2 or 3 plays where he will be the primary read and he will be ready.

but you cannot have a huge day until you know the majority of the plays and have practiced them and know how they play out in real life.

My guess is he gets 5 catches for 75-80 yards.  maybe a TD.

normally i'd prediict less, but with Godwin out, they will look to him more than they normally would.

13 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

normally i'd prediict less, but with Godwin out, they will look to him more than they normally would.

Everything I see says Godwin is going to play.