Sign in to follow this  
plasma george

Would you Veto this trade ?

$200 money League, pot almost $3,000.   Father is 2-6, Son is 4-4.  Father already commented his team sucks and he's close to "FireSale Time".

Father is trading Mahommes for Burrows, L. Bell and Ridley.

Father RBs are Aaron Jones and Fournette, WR are Kupp, E. Sanders, Landry.

I can't take this to the League, I'm pretty sure they will freak.  I NEVER veto trades, unless it's an End of season Firesale.  These two are putting me in a tough spot.  I can guarantee if I approve it, the League will freak and maybe some threaten to quit, blaming me for not Vetoing.

If I show them all your guys advice, that may settle the situation, since you're all neutral.

Thanks fellas.👍

Think the son is making a mistake, but I have no problem with it. 

I don't know, it's not the best trade in the world, I mean I wouldn't trade Mahomes for those guys, but it's not that far off.

Ridley is a top 5 WR in my league, and Burrow is a borderline QB1 and definitely a good streamer, Leveon Bell, he's a potential flex play if not, good depth at RB.

I know it's Mahomes, but it's not that terrible of a deal

Everyone preaches that QBs are so deep you should never trade anything of value for them,  then whine if someone trades for a QB... deal seems fine, would you worry of they weren't related?

Seems like the magical  Mahomes factor didn't translate into wins for the father, so what's the big deal about him downgrading his QB slot by maybe 5 pts per game on average. It's not like the son didn't pay up for this trade.  Burrows last 3 games for my league scoring is 22, 39, 19. Mahomes 21, 13, 40. I'll bet that 13 pt performance by Mahomes didn't help dad's season much. I'd say the trade was fine if it was Burrow and Ridley for Mahomes, Bell may make it uneven toward the son paying too much IMO. If dad get's a healthy Ridley soon, he's easily a top 10 wr. He's currently WR 4 in my standard league. This includes getting 0 pts somehow week 4 and leaving the game very early week 8! I'd take a chance on that...

• Thanks 1

Relatives or not, this is the definition of a fair and equitable trade. As some mentioned, the kid might actually be slightly getting the worse end of it.

Dad gets a downgrade at QB but receives a very serviceable one in return, immediate help at WR with a ROS top-5 guy, and as icing on the cake, a flex RB with upside in the event of a CEH injury.

Mahomie for Burrow.....not cool. Mahomie for Burrow, Ridley, and Bell....cool.

• Thanks 1

Great points gents

after it was 3/4 posts here, I approved it

i actually feel bad challenging it , both were texting why it’s fair

BTW The son has Dalvin Cook 

I crafted Barkley and Dak, so I’m pretty neutral observer 

Agree with everyone here. I wouldn't do it myself. But I wouldn't object to stopping it.

I don’t think this is very egregious if it’s not a QB heavy league. If you start 2 QBs then this is very bad. That being said, “not very egregious” could still very well be collusion. Burrow, Bell, and Ridley aren’t saving his season.

19 hours ago, plasma george said:

I can't take this to the League, I'm pretty sure they will freak. 

If I show them all your guys advice, that may settle the situation, since you're all neutral.

Just curious. Did showing them the input from this thread settle the situation, or did some of them still freak ?

The father is in a fire sale, but he just ripped off his son.  That's not exactly what I'd call collusion.  I'm willing to bet that the father ends up with a better record than his son. 

8 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Just curious. Did showing them the input from this thread settle the situation, or did some of them still freak ?

I took the early responses and then approved, it justified my decision to myself 

thanks all

Surprisingly No one complained 

i feel bad challenging it and overthinking it 

I’ll bring this back later in the season !

41 minutes ago, plasma george said:

I took the early responses and then approved, it justified my decision to myself 

thanks all

Surprisingly No one complained 

i feel bad challenging it and overthinking it 

I’ll bring this back later in the season !

Yes please do, i would like to see how both those teams turn out.  

Thanks for the thread. 

• Thanks 1

Here’s another point with this Trade 

Burrows is on a Bye, and Ridley is likely out

So the Father gave away Mahomes for Leveon for his lineup this weekend

He loses he’s 2-7

30 minutes ago, plasma george said:

Here’s another point with this Trade 

Burrows is on a Bye, and Ridley is likely out

So the Father gave away Mahomes for Leveon for his lineup this weekend

He loses he’s 2-7

We didn’t know Ridley was going to be out until today.

Mahomes hasn’t had his bye yet and he’s a lot harder to replace with a fill-in than Burrow

So moot point IMO 

On 11/6/2020 at 5:12 PM, plasma george said:

$200 money League, pot almost $3,000.   Father is 2-6, Son is 4-4.  Father already commented his team sucks and he's close to "FireSale Time".

Father is trading Mahommes for Burrows, L. Bell and Ridley.

Father RBs are Aaron Jones and Fournette, WR are Kupp, E. Sanders, Landry.

I can't take this to the League, I'm pretty sure they will freak.  I NEVER veto trades, unless it's an End of season Firesale.  These two are putting me in a tough spot.  I can guarantee if I approve it, the League will freak and maybe some threaten to quit, blaming me for not Vetoing.

Thanks fellas.👍

i know a lot of comments already....

If this is a keeper/dynasty league, the trade is totally fair.    its a deal of present value vs future value to some extent.

id be a bit concerned about it if it were a redraft but even then,  Jones and fournette as the only rb's not exactly a lot of depth there.

I'd argue Ridley stabilizes some subpar WR play hes likely had already as well.   so even in a redraft, this isnt THAT terrible.  certainly not veto level terrible.  

To that end, allowing the trade was the right call.

The problem is that it has the appearance of collusion.  

Joe Biden and his son Hunter clearly colluded in this trade and so..........oh wait, nevermind.

Does the Father have a 2nd QB already other than Mahomes prior to the trade?  What are the fathers WRs prior to the trade?

If I were a Mahomes owner and needed WR I would trade Mahomes for Burrow and Ridley no problem.  Getting Bell just a minor bonus.  

Including Bell is what makes it lopsided.  Receiving Burrow and Ridley would be my minimum asking price just to hold Leveon Bell on my team.

i don't see anything wrong with this trade. you also didnt tell us what the QB scoring format is so it's pretty hard to truly say, but on it's face, I think the son is overpaying for Mahomes.