Sign in to follow this  
LoOnAtIk

Russell Wilson MVP

He’s been the sexy name all season but in my head I thought - Has Mahomes really been that bad? I checked the Vegas odds and going into this week they had Wilson -190 and Mahomes +300 which I found to be absurd. I’m sure the numbers will flip flop now but how on planet earth was Mahomes not already the favorite? Barring injury Wilson has no chance to beat Mahomes for the MVP in my opinion. Dark horse names to keep an eye on are obviously, Brady, Rodgers, Kyler, Josh Allen, but I would lump Wilson in with them and Mahomes as the clear favorite.

39 minutes ago, drdelaware said:

Dalvin Cook

RB on a losing team? I don't see it. Plus he's not gonna make it all the way without getting injured.

I think it's Russell Wilson's award to lose right now. Mahomes is just behind him. I think Kyler Murray is a threat too. Rodgers is in 4th.

I don't see anyone outside of those guys winning it, but there's still a lot of football to be played.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, polecatt said:

RB on a losing team? I don't see it. Plus he's not gonna make it all the way without getting injured.

I think it's Russell Wilson's award to lose right now. Mahomes is just behind him. I think Kyler Murray is a threat too. Rodgers is in 4th.

I don't see anyone outside of those guys winning it, but there's still a lot of football to be played.

Mahomes leapfrogged him this week in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Mahomes leapfrogged him this week in my opinion. 

I still think Russell is in the driver's seat, but Mahomes made progress

Not saying he's a serious candidate, but no mention of Ben Roethlisberger ?

Would the Steelers be 8-0 if he hadn't come back this year ?

3 hours ago, easilyscan said:

IF they can make it to the end of the regular season and be something like 15-1 and the top seed in the AFC, I think he's at least on the ballot with a couple of votes

MVP’s don’t turn it over four times in a loss. 

9 hours ago, drdelaware said:

Dalvin Cook

He’s been impressive 

If the criteria for determining an MVP is the one player whose loss would be most detrimental to their team's success, Dak has made a pretty good case for himself...

Wilson, Mahomes & probably Rodgers will jockey for MVP the rest of the year -- Wilson's early season could give him the edge, in the end.

Ben?  He's a good Comeback POY choice.  I still feel it almost has to go to Alex Smith tho, on principle alone.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, easilyscan said:

This is the correct answer.

The remainder of the schedule is soft (excluding BUF).

Kelce is the engine that makes the KC offense go. He’s leaps and bounds above any TE in the game this year. 

8 hours ago, Jedi Sensei said:

If the criteria for determining an MVP is the one player whose loss would be most detrimental to their team's success, Dak has made a pretty good case for himself...

Wilson, Mahomes & probably Rodgers will jockey for MVP the rest of the year -- Wilson's early season could give him the edge, in the end.

Ben?  He's a good Comeback POY choice.  I still feel it almost has to go to Alex Smith tho, on principle alone.

Didn't Dallas have a losing record with Dak?

On 11/9/2020 at 6:22 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

MVP’s don’t turn it over four times in a loss. 

Or 3 times 

27 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Kyler is on pace to outscore Lamars MVP season and maybe even Mahomes all time season.

Still won’t win the real life MVP unless Mahomes gives it away.

Real bad week this week.

The fumble wasn't his fault. It was a bad snap from a back-up center. But both picks were bad. A forced pass into the endzone, when he had all day to run. Very weird decision on his part. He had so much room, he could still be running. Then the second pick, I thought he stared down Olsen the whole time. Obviously a no-no.

He also missed on his lollipop throws. 1 to Metcalf, and 1 to Swaine. Both just overthrown, that could've been TD's.

The game against Arizona, I thought the defense let us down. Against Buffalo, the defense again was bad. I felt the offense also didn't look to good. But I think this loss was all on Wilson just not playing well. It looked like the rest of the team was into it.

Shake it off Russ. SHAKE IT OFF!

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Seattle needs to establish a running game. 

Yup. Thursday should hopefully be a better showing. I think alot of guys were held out of this game because of the short week coming up. Carson specifically.

We'll see.

2 hours ago, Kopy said:

Real bad week this week.

The fumble wasn't his fault. It was a bad snap from a back-up center. But both picks were bad. A forced pass into the endzone, when he had all day to run. Very weird decision on his part. He had so much room, he could still be running. Then the second pick, I thought he stared down Olsen the whole time. Obviously a no-no.

He also missed on his lollipop throws. 1 to Metcalf, and 1 to Swaine. Both just overthrown, that could've been TD's.

The game against Arizona, I thought the defense let us down. Against Buffalo, the defense again was bad. I felt the offense also didn't look to good. But I think this loss was all on Wilson just not playing well. It looked like the rest of the team was into it.

Shake it off Russ. SHAKE IT OFF!

Against the Patriots he threw a pick 6

Against the Vikings they were down by 5 and he threw a pick with 1:23 left that should’ve cost them the game but the Vikings couldn’t run out the clock and gave ball back and he miraculously won.

Against the cardinals he threw that terrible pick in the red zone that should’ve been another pick 6 if it wasn’t for Metcalf.

Mahomes hasn’t had any moments like this. Even if Russell finishes with more yards and TDs I don’t see Patty making enough mistakes or losing enough games to give the award back.

The only person that can stop Mahomes is Andy Reid. He hasn’t yet this year, surprisingly. 

I don’t know how many times teams are going to fall for the Murray fake handoff and run near the goal line.  He always keeps it. Buffalo went for it twice yesterday. The second one was embarrassing. Let Drake or Edmonds run it. You have no chance if Murray gets space. 

2 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Against the Patriots he threw a pick 6

Against the Vikings they were down by 5 and he threw a pick with 1:23 left that should’ve cost them the game but the Vikings couldn’t run out the clock and gave ball back and he miraculously won.

Against the cardinals he threw that terrible pick in the red zone that should’ve been another pick 6 if it wasn’t for Metcalf.

Mahomes hasn’t had any moments like this. Even if Russell finishes with more yards and TDs I don’t see Patty making enough mistakes or losing enough games to give the award back.

Sorry if my post mislead you. I wasn't responding to your title thread. I don't believe he should be in the MVP race either. My post was in reference to yesterday's performance, and the team as a wholes last couple games.

To break down your claims. The pick 6 against the Pats hit Olsen in the hands, that he didn't catch and popped in the air.

I don't remember the Viking play.

The Cards play was a great play by the CB. Much like against the Pats. I'm not sure how that's his fault. If you're gonna knock the Cards game. The pick in overtime was the aggredges one. That was very bad, and solely on him.

Context is king.

Anyway.

MVP of the team, yes. Of the league, not anymore. 

1 hour ago, Kopy said:

Sorry if my post mislead you. I wasn't responding to your title thread. I don't believe he should be in the MVP race either. My post was in reference to yesterday's performance, and the team as a wholes last couple games.

To break down your claims. The pick 6 against the Pats hit Olsen in the hands, that he didn't catch and popped in the air.

I don't remember the Viking play.

The Cards play was a great play by the CB. Much like against the Pats. I'm not sure how that's his fault. If you're gonna knock the Cards game. The pick in overtime was the aggredges one. That was very bad, and solely on him.

Context is king.

Anyway.

MVP of the team, yes. Of the league, not anymore. 

You weren’t misleading me I was just adding on. I’ll give him the one against the patriots. The one against the Vikings is easily forgotten because they won but it was egregious. The cardinals one I absolutely disagree he threw to the inside of the receiver when he had the entire opposite side of the field to work with. It was not a good throw and it made Chris Carson completely turn around. Please watch again.

28 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

You weren’t misleading me I was just adding on. I’ll give him the one against the patriots. The one against the Vikings is easily forgotten because they won but it was egregious. The cardinals one I absolutely disagree he threw to the inside of the receiver when he had the entire opposite side of the field to work with. It was not a good throw and it made Chris Carson completely turn around. Please watch again.

You could be right. Don't really care enough to be right or wrong. So you can have it. I just want wins. And if he players like he did yesterday. There won't be much more. After Thursday, it won't  matter how much healthier we get. Or how easy the schedule becomes down the stretch. Yesterday was a Russ I didn't recognize. I'm hoping just chalk it up to a terrible game.

Give Mahomes or Brady an MVP. Give Seattle a win.

Chiefs remaining opponents: @LV, @ TB, v Den, @ Mia, @ NO, v Atl, v LAC

Seahawks remaining opponents: v Ari, @ Phi, v NYG, v NYJ, @ Was, v LAR, @ SF

Mahomes is currently 8-1 compared to Wilson 6-3.  

Mahomes 2687 yards, 25TD, 1 INT

Wilson 2789 yards, 28 TD, 10 INT

I think at this point it leans Mahomes because of the record and less INTs.

21 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Chiefs remaining opponents: @LV, @ TB, v Den, @ Mia, @ NO, v Atl, v LAC

Seahawks remaining opponents: v Ari, @ Phi, v NYG, v NYJ, @ Was, v LAR, @ SF

Mahomes is currently 8-1 compared to Wilson 6-3.  

Mahomes 2687 yards, 25TD, 1 INT

Wilson 2789 yards, 28 TD, 10 INT

I think at this point it leans Mahomes because of the record and less INTs.

I don't have Wilson in my top 3, so I agree with you.

Mahomes starting to run away with it. Can we even make a valid argument for anyone else? Big Ben? Minkah Fitzpatrick? Lol

51 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Mahomes starting to run away with it. Can we even make a valid argument for anyone else? Big Ben? Minkah Fitzpatrick? Lol

Aaron Rodgers isn’t too far behind. 33Td 4 INT, 2nd in QBR. 8-3 record.

On 11/16/2020 at 9:58 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

The only person that can stop Mahomes is Andy Reid. He hasn’t yet this year, surprisingly. 

He tries to limit the success. What Hill did yesterday, he could easily have more games like that if Reid wasn't so bent on using him as a decoy.

5 hours ago, jrokh said:

Aaron Rodgers isn’t too far behind. 33Td 4 INT, 2nd in QBR. 8-3 record.

It still blows my mind they drafted Love over a WR. Rodgers definitely has a case if he keeps the pace and Mahomes slows down and/or starts losing some games, which I can’t see happening.

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

He tries to limit the success. What Hill did yesterday, he could easily have more games like that if Reid wasn't so bent on using him as a decoy.

Most teams adjust to a guy tearing them up like that. Tampa and DC Todd Bowles didn’t seem to mind. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Most teams adjust to a guy tearing them up like that. Tampa and DC Todd Bowles didn’t seem to mind. 

Players are winning despite poor coaching.  It's awful how bad this staff is.

On 11/16/2020 at 10:58 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Huh? Reid is one of the reasons Mahomes is so good.

4 hours ago, Donkey said:

Huh? Reid is one of the reasons Mahomes is so good.

Yeah, Mahomes would be terrible without him. Reid taught him all those plays he improvises, throwing from all sorts of angles and off his back foot? That’s like saying Phil Jackson made Jordan better. And my point was that Reid has historically played it safe, running when he should be passing. Like in the super bowl last year. He didn’t let Mahomes loose until he had to, down 11 in the fourth quarter. They were one Garrapolo pass to Sanders away from losing that game. Should’ve never got that close. 

42 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, Mahomes would be terrible without him. Reid taught him all those plays he improvises, throwing from all sorts of angles and off his back foot? That’s like saying Phil Jackson made Jordan better. And my point was that Reid has historically played it safe, running when he should be passing. Like in the super bowl last year. He didn’t let Mahomes loose until he had to, down 11 in the fourth quarter. They were one Garrapolo pass to Sanders away from losing that game. Should’ve never got that close. 

Not what I said. Mahomes ending up on KC with Reid as his coach has helped him, that is not disputable.