Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Mixon updates

Has anyone seen any updates about his status for this week? Gio is on our wire but short benches and obv won’t be very useful if he plays. 

Much like the Chris Carson question. My best guess would be to wait longer in the week. Both were targeting a week 10 comeback. And no news is good news. Watch in see if they practice Wed, Thurs, and especially Fri. Making it through a Friday practice always seems to be the key day.

Trade value, low. You missed the opportunity. 

When he returns, Mixon will be entering his most productive part of the season, historically.  He gained 994 yards from scrimmage over the last 8 weeks of 2019, and 978 yards from scrimmage over the last 9 weeks of 2018--so for the second half of the season, he's essentially a 2000 yard RB, if history holds.

15 hours ago, AxeElf said:

When he returns, Mixon will be entering his most productive part of the season, historically.  He gained 994 yards from scrimmage over the last 8 weeks of 2019, and 978 yards from scrimmage over the last 9 weeks of 2018--so for the second half of the season, he's essentially a 2000 yard RB, if history holds.

Mr December 

That’s going to hurt towards gaining those 2000 yards. 

Man,

I go from Joe Mixon and Chris Carson in week 1.

To, Giovanni Bernard and DeeJay Dallas.

:( What could've been.

On 11/11/2020 at 8:08 PM, AxeElf said:

Exactly right!

He's a 2nd 8 games RB, been saying that all season

On 11/13/2020 at 2:28 PM, polecatt said:

Exactly right!

He's a 2nd 8 games RB, been saying that all season

that does seem to be the case....

but you cannot put up huge numbers if you are not on the field.

i have him.  but right now its not looking great.   it seems like all my RB's are out in all my leagues i'm in right now.

in one league i have Sequon Barkley, Gaskin, and Freeman on IR wiith Montgomery injured.   Still have Dalvin Cook, but its looking rough after that.

my other league has David Johnson on IR with Mixon on the shelf as well.   I am runnning with Gio and McKinnon unless i pull off a trade deadline deal here.

Ruled out already.   Another DNP.  You would have to say that he has to be iffy for next week.  Then his first game back after over a month I don't think you feed him the rock.

To late to trade him, should have.  

Bengals placed Joe Mixon (foot) on injured reserve.

Mixon will miss at least three more games and is no longer a lock to return in 2020. Despite optimistic reporting over the last month, Mixon's foot injury is most definitely "major". He has yet to practice since suffering his unspecified foot injury in Week 6 and could have had a setback in rehab as foot injuries are notoriously tricky. The hope is Mixon can return for the fantasy playoffs, but in the meantime, expect the Bengals to compete for league-leading passing volume with Joe Burrow, Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins, and Giovani Bernard leading the way. Bernard has settled in as a borderline RB1/2 depending on matchups.

RELATED: 
Nov 21, 2020, 1:15 PM ET
  •  
  •