mmmmm...beer

To Move.... or not to move?

15 minutes ago, DonS said:

I'm guessing this will be an interview via zoom?  If it is you need to setup some kind of signal to your wife, so that if interview is going poorly you can inform her so that she can "accidentally" walk by naked in the background.  That'll buy you some time to collect your thoughts.

and give us a link to this zoom

9 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

and give us a link to this zoom

and let’s test this plan out a few times before the interview 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, frank said:

Agreed.  You definitely need to do a dry run.

NO NO NO!!! She needs to stop halfway and stretch and arch her back!!!  Once more from the top!!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, frank said:

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Agreed.  You definitely need to do a dry run.

NO NO NO!!! She needs to stop halfway and stretch and arch her back!!!  Once more from the top!!! 

be careful, Beer will definitely kick all 3 of our asses at the same time

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

be careful, Beer will definitely kick all 3 of our asses at the same time

I will gladly meet up with him at Loowit for a spanking. :cheers:

On 12/11/2020 at 8:48 PM, mmmmm...beer said:

Interview on Monday.... with two guys I've worked with for 10 years.  Like.. peers....

Good luck!

remember, you are interviewing against other people.  Don’t get too complacent in thinking that the people interviewing you “know you”.  They will be comparing your answers and how they feel whether you took the interview seriously against the others.  Be professional, and avoid being too familiar - but suitably relaxed for sure.  I had two strong candidates disqualify themselves by not being professional enough.

also, you are interviewing them.  Why is this position open?  What do people say is the best thing about working there?  What’s the worst?  

finally, remember your goal is to get them to give you an offer.  You can negotiate later, turn down, or accept as offered ... but right now, make them want you so much as the far and away best choice to fill the job that they are conceived you are the best choice and make you a strong offer.

with all that said,  I’m also interested in the recorded zoom practice run of your wife in the buff.

good luck!

46 minutes ago, The PosterFormerlyKnownAs said:

Good luck!

remember, you are interviewing against other people.  Don’t get too complacent in thinking that the people interviewing you “know you”.  They will be comparing your answers and how they feel whether you took the interview seriously against the others.  Be professional, and avoid being too familiar - but suitably relaxed for sure.  I had two strong candidates disqualify themselves by not being professional enough.

also, you are interviewing them.  Why is this position open?  What do people say is the best thing about working there?  What’s the worst?  

finally, remember your goal is to get them to give you an offer.  You can negotiate later, turn down, or accept as offered ... but right now, make them want you so much as the far and away best choice to fill the job that they are conceived you are the best choice and make you a strong offer.

with all that said,  I’m also interested in the recorded zoom practice run of your wife in the buff.

good luck!

Good advice.  I agree about not being overly familiar.  I've interviewed guys in the past gave the "you know me guys" answers... worst thing they could have answered.

I'm in upper management and have hired and unfortunately had to let folks go for years.  I take nothing for granted.  I'm definately taking it seriously.  Reading up on their departments info.

I'll be a demotion for me but quality of life will be better.  I'm stoked about doing something new.

It's a new position... at the agency I work for... but still... nothing is in the bag.  I know everything about our agency.  I'll max out the position as soon as I get into it.  So there really isn't an "offer" phase... it's do you want the job?  Comes with a free move and the max salary.

Good stuff bro 👍

My Latina will stab us all... she's savvy... 🤫

6 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

You are pretty focked in the head dude.  We used to be cool... now you're obsessed. 

You can't seem to behave normally.

Please put me on ignore.

We were cool til you went full Gestapo. I consider it my duty to point out this perilous path you’ve gone down. Someday you’ll thank me :)

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

We were cool til you went full Gestapo. I consider it my duty to point out this perilous path you’ve gone down. Someday you’ll thank me :)

No dude... I disagreed people shouldn't burn down fed buildings and should be stopped... then you went full antifa and freaked out, spouting qanon sh!t.. whatever the fock that is...

Dude you gotta chill...

Or... you were spouting something about killer cops without knowing facts... etc..

I can't even remember what it was... now you can't even have a conversation without being a weirdo.

I don't have time to read all this, but all I would say is do whats best for your Family, and quality of life is more important than money.

11 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

No dude... I disagreed people shouldn't burn down fed buildings and should be stopped... then you went full antifa and freaked out, spouting qanon sh!t.. whatever the fock that is...

Dude you gotta chill...

Or... you were spouting something about killer cops without knowing facts... etc..

I can't even remember what it was... now you can't even have a conversation without being a weirdo.

Yeah it was the first where you embraced unidentified federal goon squads exceeding their jurisdiction. I found it frightening. Thought you were one of the good guys who’d make sure things like that didn’t happen, not cheering em on because it fit your politics.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Yeah it was the first where you embraced unidentified federal goon squads exceeding their jurisdiction. I found it frightening. Thought you were one of the good guys who’d make sure things like that didn’t happen, not cheering em on because it fit your politics.

“I found it frightening “. Holy drama Queen Batman. Cuck. 

58 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

“I found it frightening “. Holy drama Queen Batman. Cuck. 

Nobody buys your bullsh1t John Wayne act. HTH

12 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

you found it frightening that a man who serves his country his whole life supported feds preventing idiots like you from destroying cities and consider it gestapo and and exceeding their jurisdiction

whole lot of stupid involved in that 

"Interview cancelled."   I saw that pop up on my calendar about 15 mins ago.

I called the guy... says I can't talk to you about it  but we read the resumes and made a selection.  

We have a pretty strict policy that only HR can notify on a selection.  In order for them to have made the selection the big boss had to have signed off on it.

So... I'm about 99% sure I'll be moving to Billings in the next few months. 

The woman was working on her suprised walkin too... you gents woulda 🤪

Just now, mmmmm...beer said:

I called the guy... says I can't talk to you about it  but we read the resumes and made a selection.  

We have a pretty strict policy that only HR can notify on a selection.  In order for them to have made the selection the big boss had to have signed off on it.

I"m happy (for you) and sad (for me) all at the same time......

Congrats :cheers:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Nice. Good thing you’re getting away from the lunatics in the PNW. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Pics or it didn't happen. :mad:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

you found it frightening that a man who serves his country his whole life supported feds preventing idiots like you from destroying cities and consider it gestapo and and exceeding their jurisdiction

whole lot of stupid involved in that 

New administration and mmm...beer is leaving. It’s smart. There’s gonna be some looking into what went on in that area. Best to get away

50 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

New administration and mmm...beer is leaving. It’s smart. There’s gonna be some looking into what went on in that area. Best to get away

nothing went on in the area, people attacked federal buildings, you should be smart enough to know every investigation is a waste of resources that leads to nothing

now you probably think its ok for people sworn to protect the constitution to stop doing so and arrest people for opening their businesses

I was in the waiting room of my doctor's office and saw a magazine that showed the most beautiful mansions in Billings MT. It seems like a lovely place to live. I hope you and your family thrive in your new environment and I look forward to reading about your new life. 

Best of Luck 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

nothing went on in the area, people attacked federal buildings, you should be smart enough to know every investigation is a waste of resources that leads to nothing

now you probably think its ok for people sworn to protect the constitution to stop doing so and arrest people for opening their businesses

I recall that was the rationale given after it was revealed that unidentified federal goon squads were abducting protesters in extraterritorial actions. Highly, highly illegal—and for good reason.

Just now, IGotWorms said:

I recall that was the rationale given after it was revealed that unidentified federal goon squads were abducting protesters in extraterritorial actions. Highly, highly illegal—and for good reason.

Did they ever turn up? 

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

ahh did MSNBC tell you that?

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

I’m sure they did

Oh. So plain clothes LEO’s took them in for questioning. That never happens. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh. So plain clothes LEO’s took them in for questioning. That never happens. 

Plainclothes? They were dressed like army but failed to identify who they were.

And, being retired NYPD, you should be well aware that general police powers in the city lie with local government. NOT the federales 

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Plainclothes? They were dressed like army but failed to identify who they were.

And, being retired NYPD, you should be well aware that general police powers in the city lie with local government. NOT the federales 

Like the FBI? They can’t do anything?  Lol. One of your funniest ones yet.  

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Like the FBI? They can’t do anything?  Lol. One of your funniest ones yet.  

In combat fatigues, assault weapons, in rented vans and without identifying themselves whatsoever? Sh1t they didn’t even do that at Waco.

To say nothing of, you know, lack of federal jurisdiction over a local issue.

53 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Alright.... away with you's from my moving thread! 😄

Fair enough, I’ll stop now

2 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

I got the call...  Billings bound. 👍

Quality of life.  

Congrats :cheers:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

I got the call...  Billings bound. 👍

Quality of life.  

:pointstosky:

• Thanks 1

So... big update this week.  I had been awaiting any paperwork ie official job letter and then of course coordinating a a move and start date.

I had verbally accepted the position from an HR phone call right before Christmas.

Over the holidays my son, who will be a Senior next year sort of had a meltdown.  Pissed that we were moving away from his friends and school.  I said dude.... we had a family meeting... we asked you your thoughts BEFORE I even put in for it.  You said you were fine with it.  Well... he wasn't fine... but thought he would tough it out to help his old man.  I told him no man... your old man will be fine... YOU kids matter the most in this situation.   I'll be just fine.

So I had that weighing on me.  When I made the decision I thought we were all on board.  Been kicking it around for a week or so.

A couple days ago rumors started floating around the big boss whom all hate and discontent originated from... is being moved on. 💥  Gamechanger.... this job was pretty decent prior to him.. and the guy replacing him is cool.

I talked to Momma about the possibility... we agreed without that dude... we would stick around.

The big announcement came yesterday... he's out.. cool guy in... wants me to stick around.. will need guys to move up soon... etc.

So... yesterday afternoon... told the guy I was going to go work for... things changed.  He totally understood as he knows all the players.  He's essentially out nothing as it's only been a couple weeks and the position was new, so there wasn't an immediate need anyway.

Told my current boss... his response was, "yeah for me", now I don't have to try to find a replacement.  Our bench is super sparse.

Told the kids last night....

We're good... kids are good... no pay loss... actually a COLA increase for thr wife and I.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats. Glad it worked out.  And glad the big boss left before you moved.  Would have sucked if he left the week after you got settled in to your new job and home.

:cheers:

• Thanks 1