Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Week 10 Scoop and Play WR

Back with another addition of WR's, in potentially good situations, that can be picked up in most leagues and plugged into your Week 10 lineup if you need holes filled. Since one of my picks has a Thursday night game, I am getting this out a bit earlier than usual. As always, please feel free to chime in with your own....we have had some week-winning additions.

Michael Pittman Jr. - Colts

Finally looking healthy last Sunday in his second week back from a lower leg injury that landed him on IR. He managed 56 yards on 7 targets to lead the team against a very stout Ravens pass defense....and just missed coming down with a couple of long bombs from Rivers, who seems determined to use Pittman's 6' 4"/223 lb frame to his advantage against smaller d-backs. The Colts second round pick this year is flying under the radar right now after his stint on IR, being only 7% rostered in Yahoo, and less than 1% in NFL.com leagues, but is poised for a potential breakout Thursday night, particularly if Hilton and Doyle remain out, which seems plausible on a short week. Additionally, his team draws the Titans this week, who are currently giving up the 6th most FF points to WR's. Pittman for the win. Prediction: 5/73/1

Darnell Mooney - Bears

Mr. Mooney finds himself in the scoop-n-play column for his second consecutive week. I don't have any particular man-crush on him, but apparently Foles must.....eleven targets last week (more than both Robinson or Miller), with a combination of 24 targets in the last three weeks. Those are numbers that are hard to ignore for a WR that is still only 13% owned in Yahoo leagues and 3% in NFL.com leagues. For the record, I also like Anthony Miller in this game if he is scoopable....but he is more widely rostered than Mooney (21 & 22 percent in Yahoo and NFL.com, respectively). Yes, the Bears offensive line is a mess, making it difficult for Foles to get the necessary time in passing situations....or maybe Foles just stinks. Whichever the case, a Monday night primetime game against the Vikes, who give up the 2nd most FF points to the WR position through the first half of the season (290 yards/game), is just what the doctor ordered for Mooney (and Miller, if available) to get right. Put your money on Mooney. Prediction: 6/89/1

Deep Dive: Cam Sims - Redskins

No, that's not a typo. You like to gamble? What do you get when you cross Cam Newton with Steven Sims? You get Cam Friggin' Sims....all 6' 5"/ 220 lbs of him. The former Alabama product was signed as an undrafted free agent back in 2018, and before last weekend had exactly 88 career yards as a pro. Used mostly as a special-teamer, he has also found his way onto the offensive field as of late, and managed a TD in week 6, then turned 3 receptions into 110 yards last week against the NYG's, with catches of 32, 33, and 45 yards. Fluke? Perhaps....but this is the deep dive portion of the column, after all, and just maybe the Skins have decided to use their big boy for high-point balls down the field. He is unowned in all the leagues I checked, and gets a favorable draw against the Lions. He shall henceforward be known simply as "- Cam" (Dash Cam) Prediction: 4/68/1

Deeper Dive: Michael Thomas - Saints

This one will take some real nads. After all, we are talking about a guy who has only seen the field twice this season, and when he has played, has only managed a paltry 68 total yards with 0 TD's.....not to mention that he threw his Hall of Fame QB under the ole' proverbial bus before the season began, causing him a great amount of unnecessary scrutiny, misery, and subsequent boot-licking. Why would anyone start a scrub like that, you may ask? Well, let's not forget that he has had some very good production in years past, is a good target at 6' 3", and is only 27 years old. Let's just say that he is due. Prediction: 8/105/1 🇺🇸 😑

Good luck to everyone this week.....

• Thanks 1

Great work as always Stonewall!

This week I'm leaning on Chris Conley. He has a good combination of size and speed and in my opinion draws a fantastic situation.. GB's CBs are dinged up, if Alexander plays he will most likely draw Chark, and this leaves either Josh Jackson or a dinged up Kevin King (Quad) the task of covering Conley. I think the game script goes out the window early and Luton will attempt close to 40 passes. Conley has lacked consistency in his career, but has shown an ability to rack up the YAC, and GB ranks in the bottom 5 in yards/att. Shenault will also likely be out or limited, and Cole didn't draw much attention from the rookie QB last week. I think Conley draws 7+ targets, and GB can give up yards in chunks... I think Conley is risky, but potentially great for a spot start in deep leagues or budget DFS. 

• Thanks 1

I’m thinking Josh Reynolds on LA. Expected shootout with Seattle, last two games saw 8 and 9 targets. Seattle can’t cover anyone 

• Like 1

I love John Brown this week. Arizona couldn't stop Preston Williams last week before he got hurt and Patrick Peterson should take on Stefon Diggs in man coverage. In what could be an absolute shootout I like him to put up over 100 yards and a TD. Plus, REVENGE GAME!

• Like 1

1) Randall Cobb- Denzel Ward will have his hands full dealing with Fuller or Cooks all game, leaving Cobb to run free against among the NFL's worst collection of slot corners and safeties. There aren't many teams that give up more points to the slot than the Brownies.

2) Deeper Dive, not for the faint of heart. * only if David Montgomery is out- Cordarelle Patterson. With Monty out Patterson should be looking at 10+ touches between carries and catches.

H Renfrow.  

4/48/1. 

Curtis Samuel is currently sitting on my ww. In a standard scoring, non-ppr league, would he be worth a pickup?

Larry Fitzgerald?

35 minutes ago, Jeebus said:

Curtis Samuel is currently sitting on my ww. In a standard scoring, non-ppr league, would he be worth a pickup?

If you need help at WR I would say he's a decent pick up.

He's been good the past 3 games so maybe he's found a niche in the offense. Oddly enough it may be rushing TDs, he has been getting a few carries a game and apparently in the red zone.

Return league peeps might consider Cordarelle Patterson and/or Jakeem Grant in deeper leagues with Preston Williams to the IR. And while all the usual pundits who also missed last week on him are decrying Richie James as a one week wonder, he is still the healthiest 49er wr if you dare.

I think Mims is worth an add from the Jets if hes still on the waiver wire. 

I figure hes on the wire in some leagues.  perhaps not the deeper ones.

On 11/10/2020 at 11:33 PM, stonewall said:

Back with another addition of WR's, in potentially good situations, that can be picked up in most leagues and plugged into your Week 10 lineup if you need holes filled. Since one of my picks has a Thursday night game, I am getting this out a bit earlier than usual. As always, please feel free to chime in with your own....we have had some week-winning additions.

Finally looking healthy last Sunday in his second week back from a lower leg injury that landed him on IR. He managed 56 yards on 7 targets to lead the team against a very stout Ravens pass defense....and just missed coming down with a couple of long bombs from Rivers, who seems determined to use Pittman's 6' 4"/223 lb frame to his advantage against smaller d-backs. The Colts second round pick this year is flying under the radar right now after his stint on IR, being only 7% rostered in Yahoo, and less than 1% in NFL.com leagues, but is poised for a potential breakout Thursday night, particularly if Hilton and Doyle remain out, which seems plausible on a short week. Additionally, his team draws the Titans this week, who are currently giving up the 6th most FF points to WR's. Pittman for the win. Prediction: 5/73/1

good call on PIttman. I actually started him in 3 leagues and then saw this after the fact. Needless to say, I agree.

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2020 at 8:33 PM, stonewall said:

Darnell Mooney - Bears

Mr. Mooney finds himself in the scoop-n-play column for his second consecutive week. I don't have any particular man-crush on him, but apparently Foles must.....eleven targets last week (more than both Robinson or Miller), with a combination of 24 targets in the last three weeks. Those are numbers that are hard to ignore for a WR that is still only 13% owned in Yahoo leagues and 3% in NFL.com leagues. For the record, I also like Anthony Miller in this game if he is scoopable....but he is more widely rostered than Mooney (21 & 22 percent in Yahoo and NFL.com, respectively). Yes, the Bears offensive line is a mess, making it difficult for Foles to get the necessary time in passing situations....or maybe Foles just stinks. Whichever the case, a Monday night primetime game against the Vikes, who give up the 2nd most FF points to the WR position through the first half of the season (290 yards/game), is just what the doctor ordered for Mooney (and Miller, if available) to get right. Put your money on Mooney. Prediction: 6/89/1

Deep Dive: Cam Sims - Redskins

No, that's not a typo. You like to gamble? What do you get when you cross Cam Newton with Steven Sims? You get Cam Friggin' Sims....all 6' 5"/ 220 lbs of him. The former Alabama product was signed as an undrafted free agent back in 2018, and before last weekend had exactly 88 career yards as a pro. Used mostly as a special-teamer, he has also found his way onto the offensive field as of late, and managed a TD in week 6, then turned 3 receptions into 110 yards last week against the NYG's, with catches of 32, 33, and 45 yards. Fluke? Perhaps....but this is the deep dive portion of the column, after all, and just maybe the Skins have decided to use their big boy for high-point balls down the field. He is unowned in all the leagues I checked, and gets a favorable draw against the Lions. He shall henceforward be known simply as "- Cam" (Dash Cam) Prediction: 4/68/1

Deeper Dive: Michael Thomas - Saints

This one will take some real nads. After all, we are talking about a guy who has only seen the field twice this season, and when he has played, has only managed a paltry 68 total yards with 0 TD's.....not to mention that he threw his Hall of Fame QB under the ole' proverbial bus before the season began, causing him a great amount of unnecessary scrutiny, misery, and subsequent boot-licking. Why would anyone start a scrub like that, you may ask? Well, let's not forget that he has had some very good production in years past, is a good target at 6' 3", and is only 27 years old. Let's just say that he is due. Prediction: 8/105/1 🇺🇸 😑

Good luck to everyone this week.....

Yeah, really good call. 

On 11/11/2020 at 1:04 PM, polecatt said:

He's been good the past 3 games so maybe he's found a niche in the offense. Oddly enough it may be rushing TDs, he has been getting a few carries a game and apparently in the red zone.

Agree. Watched a classic college football game last night. Michigan at Ohio State from 2016. 

The buckeyes were using Samuel the same way the Buccaneers are using him now. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400869650

5 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

good call on PIttman. I actually started him in 3 leagues and then saw this after the fact. Needless to say, I agree.

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yeah, really good call. 

31 minutes ago, rallo said:

Great call on Pittman!

Thanks guys. It wasn't a Richie James-type-good like Rallo nailed last week, but Pitman was more than serviceable. Always nice to have some points in your pocket after Thursday night night football. He almost had an exceptional night....got tackled on 2 different occasions at the one yard line. You know how it goes in this crazy pursuit of ours......better lucky than good. 

On 11/11/2020 at 11:04 AM, polecatt said:

Yeah his avg in non ppr is the 25th best, he’s a solid scoop and play. 

2 hours ago, stonewall said:

Thanks guys. It wasn't a Richie James-type-good like Rallo nailed last week, but Pitman was more than serviceable. Always nice to have some points in your pocket after Thursday night night football. He almost had an exceptional night....got tackled on 2 different occasions at the one yard line. You know how it goes in this crazy pursuit of ours......better lucky than good. 

And Richie James is a good comparison because unlike Richie James, I think Pittman may have emerged as a WR2 ROS. 

59 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

And Richie James is a good comparison because unlike Richie James, I think Pittman may have emerged as a WR2 ROS. 

I kept posting during the summer, that Pittman would be highest scoring rookie wr this season, didn’t happen of course, to much missed time, but I can agree with you about your ros statement. 

On 11/11/2020 at 10:38 AM, jrokh said:

1) Randall Cobb- Denzel Ward will have his hands full dealing with Fuller or Cooks all game, leaving Cobb to run free against among the NFL's worst collection of slot corners and safeties. There aren't many teams that give up more points to the slot than the Brownies.

pulling this prediction as it seems likely there will be 30+mph winds all game long in Cleveland Sunday....

With Carson out I am plugging Mooney in. J Graham and Keelan Cole only other options, would have been nice if I put Hines in. 

I see Patterson on the wire and it is tempting with Montgomery out. They may pepper Patterson and Graham with short-yardage looks in the absence of a running game. 

10 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

I got Kelce on a bye. Is Rudolph a decent option with Irv out?

The closer we get to Christmas...

30 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

I got Kelce on a bye. Is Rudolph a decent option with Irv out?

Who else is available besides Rudolph? 

Ross Dwelley 3/52 line last week might be about what you get this week at New Orleans

7 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

How is this a deep dive scoop & play?

As a Saints fan, my attempted humor may have missed it's mark....

• Haha 1

Conley is a swing and a miss so far, the targets are there but it looks ugly.

9 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

How is Michael Thomas a deep dive scoop & play?

I'll admit it....even though it was a Deep Dive suggestion on my part, it was a bad swing and a miss.

He was outplayed my my other Deep Dive...Cam Friggin' Sims.

My Bad.

6 minutes ago, stonewall said:

I'll admit it....even though it was a Deep Dive suggestion on my part, it was a bad swing and a miss.

My Bad.

No need to hang your head--it's a Deep Dive--it's supposed to be a longshot.

Sometimes taking a chance on a guy who's basically seeing his first action of the year pays off, but most of the time, it doesn't.  Lesson learned.

7 hours ago, rallo said:

Conley is a swing and a miss so far, the targets are there but it looks ugly.

Well, he had some big shoes to fill after Richie James. 

Conley was actually a good call....just didn't rack up the yardage and Cole got the TD. He led the team with 8 targets, though, with 8.3 full ppr points. Better than a sharp stick in the eye....

On 11/11/2020 at 9:17 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m thinking Josh Reynolds on LA

Good call....

14 hours ago, stonewall said:

My Bad.

Actually if MT keeps this up he will belong in the scoop/Start? category. He’s struggling and now Winston’s incoming: The offense appears to have shifted back to RB & spread usage.

2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Actually if MT keeps this up he will belong in the scoop/Start? category. He’s struggling and now Winston’s incoming: The offense appears to have shifted back to RB & spread usage.

Agreed. Offense looks completely different this year. With Kamara injured last season, it was basically the MT show, with a little Cooks sprinkled in. This year, they are spreading it around to 11 or 12 different receivers. We'll see what, if anything, changes if Winston is forced to start a few games. Need MT to come alive in a bad way. Traded Gurley for him last week....