Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Drew Brees banged up

Never know, I remember Tony Romo had a broken rib and it punctured his lung several years ago.

I don't even think he missed a game. Maybe one.

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

Never know, I remember Tony Romo had a broken rib and it punctured his lung several years ago.

I don't even think he missed a game. Maybe one.

I think that might be just a little less than multiple broken ribs on both sides of his chest.

16 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I think that might be just a little less than multiple broken ribs on both sides of his chest.

I wasn't trying to make it a p!ssing contest but a punctured lung is potentially fatal, and he finished the game he was in and played the next week.

They probably won't risk shooting him up with anesthetics and seeing if he can play in this day and age, and with good reason.

They're saying he's out 2-3 weeks if not more

How fast Brees comes back will depend on how Winston does.  If Winston loses them first place, Brees will be back earlier than they'd want.  If Winston keeps them there, they'll hold Brees out until necessary.  So my assumption is that Brees will miss 3 games.

well, hes getting on in age.

he cant take the hits like he used to.

I suspect this may be his last year as a pro football player.   we can only hope this does not end with a really ugly injury.

(not that this one wasnt bad enough)