Sign in to follow this  
Baseball 2021 Hall of Fame ballot...

Returning from the previous year

NAME, YEAR ON BALLOT (2020 vote total, percentage)
Curt Schilling, 9th (278, 70.0%)
Roger Clemens, 9th (242, 61.0%)
Barry Bonds, 9th (241, 60.7%)
Omar Vizquel, 4th (209, 52.6%)
Scott Rolen, 4th (140, 35.3%)
Billy Wagner, 6th (126, 31.7%)
Gary Sheffield, 7th (121, 30.5%)
Todd Helton, 3rd (116, 29.2%)
Manny Ramirez, 5th (112, 28.2%)
Jeff Kent, 8th (109, 27.5%)
Andruw Jones, 4th (77, 19.4%)
Sammy Sosa, 9th (55, 13.9%)
Andy Pettitte, 3rd (45, 11.3%)
Bobby Abreu, 2nd (22, 5.5%)

First-timers to the ballot

Mark Buehrle
A.J. Burnett
Michael Cuddyer
Dan Haren
LaTroy Hawkins
Tim Hudson
Torii Hunter
Aramis Ramirez
Nick Swisher
Shane Victorino
Barry Zito

https://www.mlb.com/news/2021-hall-of-fame-ballot-announced

No "first-timers" this year for sure making the Hall...

Could be the year for Schilling, Clemens and Bonds to reach the Hall...

53 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Shilling, Vizquel, Sheffield , Manny and Pettite. 

Vizquel, Manny, and Pettite belong in.  I think Schilling gets in because of situation.  I don't think Sheffield gets in.  I think Kent, Rolen, and Helton have better arguments than Sheffield.

I think that if the committee votes in Bonds and Clemens. I think that'll bump Pettitte and Sheffield.

Schilling is too conservative for those focktards to honor ... oh, and that fat bigoted pos Dan LeBatard can go munch a bag of Richards ... fockin' scumbag. 

18 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Vizquel, Manny, and Pettite belong in.  I think Schilling gets in because of situation.  I don't think Sheffield gets in.  I think Kent, Rolen, and Helton have better arguments than Sheffield.

I think that if the committee votes in Bonds and Clemens. I think that'll bump Pettitte and Sheffield.

I can be talked out of Pettite. Hall of very good I’d say. 

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If Pettitte gets in, Clemens and Bonds MUST get in...  If they are going to keep Clemens and Bonds out because of suspected steroid use, then Pettitte shouldn't even be able to step into the parking lot at the Hall IMO...

5 minutes ago, posty said:

If Pettitte gets in, Clemens and Bonds MUST get in...  If they are going to keep Clemens and Bonds out because of suspected steroid use, then Pettitte shouldn't even be able to step into the parking lot at the Hall IMO...

Still salty about 96 I see. Sad. 

My picks:

Barry Bonds

Roger Clemens

Manny Ramirez

Omar Vizquel

Gary Sheffield

Sammy Sosa

Curt Schilling

I’d really like to see  Vizquel get in. Because of the shift, it may be the last time we get a truly great defensive player in , known mostly for his defense. 

:lol:

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Shilling, Vizquel, Sheffield , Manny and Pettite. 

how can you be ok with Manny and Pettite but not Bonds, Mcgwire, Clemens, Sosa and Palmeiro?  All 7 should be in or none should be in

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

how can you be ok with Manny and Pettite but not Bonds, Mcgwire, Clemens, Sosa and Palmeiro?  All 7 should be in or none should be in

I think Bonds, Sosa and McGuire and Clemens took roids to a different level and ruined baseball records. Pettite took HGH for a short time. Manny did them at the end. 

39 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Pettite wasn't HOF level.

Upon reflection I agree. I let my homer out for a minute.  

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think Bonds, Sosa and McGuire and Clemens took roids to a different level and ruined baseball records. Pettite took HGH for a short time. Manny did them at the end. 

So you can only cheat to a certain amount?  It’s ok that Biden only cheated in Pennsylvania 

3 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

So you can only cheat to a certain amount?  It’s ok that Biden only cheated in Pennsylvania 

Yes, I think there are different levels to it.  I’ll forgive a guy trying to keep up with the Jones’.  To me the Jones are the bigger problem.  

Ozzie Focking Smith got in on the first ballot.  Omar Vizquel deserves to be in.

Schilling, Clemens, Bonds also.

4 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

Can't believe no one has signed him in 5 years. Outrageous 

12 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Unintelligence...

Just now, KSB2424 said:

Dale Murphy

If he gets in, it will be by Veteran's Committee vote...  Unfortunate that is his only chance...

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Dale Murphy

4 minutes ago, posty said:

If he gets in, it will be by Veteran's Committee vote...  Unfortunate that is his only chance...

Really good player and well liked by fans.  Just not sure he should get in.  Didn't his stats drop off a cliff during the latter part of his career?   

9 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Really good player and well liked by fans.  Just not sure he should get in.  Didn't his stats drop off a cliff during the latter part of his career?   

Yeah his last season in Philly and one in Colorado were awful...  Hit .161 and .143, played in 18 and 26 games respectively...

His six-year stretch in the mid-80s was incredible, but that doesn't make it HoF material for sure...  I know he will never get in, but one can hold out hope...

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/murphda05.shtml

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Dale Murphy

Then Mattingly too. Very comparable. Using the Kirby Puckett standard, they both belong in. Dwight Evans too. 

27 minutes ago, posty said:

Yeah his last season in Philly and one in Colorado were awful...  Hit .161 and .143, played in 18 and 26 games respectively...

His six-year stretch in the mid-80s was incredible, but that doesn't make it HoF material for sure...  I know he will never get in, but one can hold out hope...

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/murphda05.shtml

It really makes you look at today's players differently when you consider this.  Aside from Trout, and maybe Betts and Yelich, who's had a 5-6 year stretch like that? 

Vizquel for sure. 

And not to say they wouldn't anyway, but Shills and Sheffield are helped by the weakness of this class.... I'd be ok with them both getting in. 

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Vizquel for sure. 

And not to say they wouldn't anyway, but Shills and Sheffield are helped by the weakness of this class.... I'd be ok with them both getting in. 

New York Yankees outfielder Gary Sheffield admitted using a testosterone-based steroid supplied by BALCO after being introduced to the Burlingame-based lab by Barry Bonds.

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/shea/article/Sheffield-tells-of-steroid-use-rift-with-Bonds-2689594.php

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Oops- audios Sheff. :😆 

That is what kills me about the steroid bullchit. People don't even know. They just know Bonds, Clemens, Sosa.  

Just now, edjr said:

That is what kills me about the steroid bullchit. People don't even know. They just know Bonds, Clemens, Sosa.  

Bingo...

On 11/16/2020 at 2:58 PM, posty said:

First-timers to the ballot

Michael Cuddyer

:first: