Sign in to follow this  
Baseball 2021 Hall of Fame ballot...

On 1/4/2021 at 4:04 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Shilling should be in the HOF. 

He is a Republican, they held it against him.  Insane.  

Breaking - Curt Schilling has asked to removed from next year's ballot.  Of course he has no say whether or not he is on the ballot or not.   :lol:

“I wanted to reiterate this final point. I will not participate in the final year of voting. I am requesting to be removed from the ballot. I’ll defer to the veterans committee and men whose opinions actually matter and who are in a position to actually judge a player. I don’t think I’m a hall of famer as I’ve often stated but if former players think I am then I’ll accept that with honor. Again, I won’t be able to thank you for your kindness and sincere interest in this process as it pertains to me. I’ll be forever grateful. God Bless you all again and one more time a final thank you for all your efforts to help my family and I.”

The writers will now vote him in to spite him. 

23 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

He is a Republican, they held it against him.  Insane.  

Did he say something really bad that I’m not aware of? 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Did he say something really bad that I’m not aware of? 

There are plenty of republicans in the HOF, Schillings statements are a little more problematic than not being 'PC'.  From Jay Jaffe(guy who does great analysis on baseball HOF chances)

But in the years since his retirement, and particularly over the past half-decade, his actions and inflammatory rhetoric on social media have turned him from merely a controversial and polarizing figure to one who has continued to create problems for himself.

Normally, that wouldn’t be germane to the Hall of Fame discussion, but Schilling’s promotion of a tweet promoting the lynching of journalists — yes, really — during the tense 2016 presidential campaign brought his momentum to a screeching halt. He had climbed from 38.8% in 2013 to 52.3% in ’16, even while taking a backseat to a quintet of pitchers — Martinez, Smoltz, Tom Glavine, Greg Maddux, and Randy Johnson — whose hardware and milestones led to first-ballot entries. Due in large part to his social media and political battles, he slipped to 45.0% in 2017, as several previous supporters left him off their ballots even when they had space to spare, either explicitly or implicitly citing the character clause. Even while maintaining his noxious public persona, he recovered his lost ground and then some, reaching 60.9% in 2019 and 70.0% last year. With any other candidate, that’s “gimme” territory, but as of last week, Schilling was promoting election conspiracy theories and calls for martial law on his Twitter account, not to mention comparing the nation’s top infectious disease expert to a Nazi — all of which not only underscored his capacity for self-sabotage but pushed his public persona into its darkest corner yet. Not every voter is willing to follow him there, even if they’ve supported his candidacy in the past.

Rest of the article if you are intertested.

JAWS and the 2021 Hall of Fame Ballot: Curt Schilling

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

There are plenty of republicans in the HOF, Schillings statements are a little more problematic than not being 'PC'.  From Jay Jaffe(guy who does great analysis on baseball HOF chances)

Rest of the article if you are intertested.

JAWS and the 2021 Hall of Fame Ballot: Curt Schilling

Thanks. I read enough. I don’t like this whole shutting  down of people questioning fraud in the election, claiming it’s some dangerous conspiracy theory. There was fraud, it’s undeniable. How far people take it may be wrong and injecting calls for violence surely is, but questioning it is a persons right and anyone can Fock right off who tries to shut it down. Especially when our government has a long and confirmed history of lying to us. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, posty said:

Oh well...  There is always next year and then the Veteran's committee...

It is shame keeping out two of the best players to every play the game...  If the writers are consistent, then ARod, David Ortiz should never sniff the hall either...

They made their choice.........so did the voters - deal with it. 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

amazing this statement is turned into that

I wish the media would put their liberal bias aside and look at the numbers I put up in the era of Black players,

It’s the onion. You’ve been trolled. 

they were talking about this on one of the Boston sports stations yesterday. 

Not once did they bring up the fact that if he were a liberal, he would be in the HOF

Curt Schillings teams were facing elimination 5x in his career. They won every one of them, and his era in those games is sub 2. 

He also said one of the great lines in history. When asked about the mystery and awe of Yankee stadium, he asked if they were strippers names. Something like that anyway. Classic. 

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He also said one of the great lines in history. When asked about the mystery and awe of Yankee stadium, he asked if they were strippers names. Something like that anyway. Classic. 

Mystique and Aura were more like stripper's names than reasons to fear a baseball team

21 minutes ago, posty said:

HT fraks up again...  :lol:

Water is wet...

I said something like that. I don’t go look up every little inconsequential thing. Stop stalking me. You’re not interesting enough. 

27 minutes ago, edjr said:

Yeah, something like that. Thanks Ed! 

On 11/16/2020 at 3:16 PM, SUXBNME said:

Bonds = GOAT

15 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, something like that. Thanks Ed! 

:thumbsup:   I had no idea he said that. I had to look it up. Good stuff.

They should vote the same way the NFL does. Any athlete that becomes a commentator gets in. Any athlete that kisses up to the media gets in.