BLS

My mom died this morning

And I'm not sure I care.

:(

ETA:  I feel like a terrible person, but I'm rather emotionless about it.

Not trying to be edgy or "tuff".  I have known for the last couple of days that this was coming.
I talked with my Dad about it because I haven't talked to my mother in over 2 years.  I asked if I should call her before she goes.
I never called her...........got a text this morning from my brother that she passed away very early today.

Family dynamics can be complicated, but she was still your mom - sorry to hear. 

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Yeah it's very complicated.  It's always easy to say "she was still your mom".  She wasn't my mom much more than giving birth to me.  

7 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

This!!!

Move on..everyone grieves or doesnt.  Whats the big deal if your indifferent?  Do what needs to be done and move on.  We are all dying and its sad..and besides our dna..what else do we pass on?  Good luck and dont beat yourself up over it.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear man.  As noted, still your mom.  Go shoot some targets in her honor or something.

T&P man, there is no standard for how to deal with this, the emotion will come when you are ready for it

There's a yer mom joke in here somewhere....

T&P BLS  

RIP BLS mom...

And BLS, I know that you aren't feeling unhappy or anything like that, but T&P for you...  Something will hit you sometime at a future date, it always does when you least expect it...

((hugs) so sorry ((hugs)

It's okay that you don't care right now. I think it's normal. It may be a coping a mechanism.

I'm not sure how old you are but perhaps you'll care many years from now when you can see her life through her eyes as you age. None of us is perfect. If she was a rotten human, just think about the pain she must've had to endure to become that way.

Sorry to hear BLS.  Will always have unresolved issues with my dad who passed 10 years ago.  It can be a pretty weird thing sometimes, like someone bringing him up, or how they lost their best friend when their dad died.  field of dreams.  Ultimately, with yourself, just thank them for whatever they did give you, and how strong you have become.

6 hours ago, BLS said:

And I'm not sure I care.

:(

ETA:  I feel like a terrible person, but I'm rather emotionless about it.

Not trying to be edgy or "tuff".  I have known for the last couple of days that this was coming.
I talked with my Dad about it because I haven't talked to my mother in over 2 years.  I asked if I should call her before she goes.
I never called her...........got a text this morning from my brother that she passed away very early today.

I'm sorry for your loss

and I can relate, my Mom recently disowned me because of my support for Trump

7 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

and I can relate, my Mom recently disowned me because of my support for Trump

Wow, really?

Perhaps she didn't understand you agreed with his economic plans for the country but maybe not so much about other things? I'm always trying to explain to people that supporting Trump doesn't mean you're a racist or don't believe in women's rights to her own body. Unless of course you are and you don't....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Sorry man... hope you make peace with your relationship.  Essentially for you...

This.

Also, was your dad still close to her?  You said you talked to him.  Regardless, perhaps you can be there for your dad, and grow your relationship with him in the process.

55 minutes ago, peenie said:

Wow, really?

Perhaps she didn't understand you agreed with his economic plans for the country but maybe not so much about other things? I'm always trying to explain to people that supporting Trump doesn't mean you're a racist or don't believe in women's rights to her own body. Unless of course you are and you don't....

She lives in her tiny bubble and fully believes what MSM tells her 😢

30 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

She lives in her tiny bubble and fully believes what MSM tells her 😢

I don't get this, I don't understand why conservatives don't have more compassion for liberals and vice versa.

6 minutes ago, peenie said:

I don't get this, I don't understand why conservatives don't have more compassion for liberals and vice versa.

she's simply a sheep......could be the other way around but it's not. As conservatives we see at least 2 sides, leftists are surrounded by only one. The Left is in control of almost ALL media as well as Academia. 

We've had these discussions frequently in Geekrealm, but here and now is probably not the best time or place. 

5 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

she's simply a sheep......could be the other way around but it's not. As conservatives we see at least 2 sides, leftists are surrounded by only one. The Left is in control of almost ALL media as well as Academia. 

We've had these discussions frequently in Geekrealm, but here and now is probably not the best time or place. 

But I'm liberal and I take up for you guys all the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

This.

Also, was your dad still close to her?  You said you talked to him.  Regardless, perhaps you can be there for your dad, and grow your relationship with him in the process.

No, he had very little to do with her as well.  He remarried when I was probably 8 or so.

Thanks to you all for the T&Ps.

Sorry to hear all of this.  I am sure it is still hard to handle.

My wife went through this with her father.  He left her and her mom when my wife was about 5 years old.  He died about 5 years ago.  He had moved out of state and made a new life.  She never heard from him on birthdays, holidays, or anything.  The only thing he did was send her 1k check when she started college.  She went through many emotions for a few days just reflecting on what she missed out on. 

10 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

It's never easy to hear about bad relationships with parents. I am in that group. My condolences

Me too. I haven't spoken to my father in... 15 years now?

I'll feel like a d!ck when I get word that he passed.