edjr

Other than instant national lockdown, what happens when Sleepy Joe takes office?

1 hour ago, TheNewGirl said:

He's literally adding people to his cabinet that benefit and have ties to big oil. Why would you add someone like that to your cabinet? 

Because you owe them, they bought you....

1 hour ago, TheNewGirl said:

He's literally adding people to his cabinet that benefit and have ties to big oil. Why would you add someone like that to your cabinet? 

In Joe's defense, there's a really good chance that he has no idea that this is happening.

9 minutes ago, Reality said:

In Joe's defense, there's a really good chance that he has no idea that this is happening.

He said “get me a black guy. Make sure he’s articulate and clean”.  Slim pickings on the left.  

3 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Same here.

I keep getting personal texts from Trump and Pence.  I was hoping they would invite me to the inauguration party and I would wear it then.  So that might not work out.

I expect him to allow more fracking.  Or not.  He said both in recent months.

It will be good to get a career politician back in the Oval Office.  :cheers:

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I expect him to allow more fracking.  Or not.  He said both in recent months.

It will be good to get a career politician back in the Oval Office.  :cheers:

Haven't had one since Bush

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Haven't had one since Bush

True, Obama was a “community organizer” before his one stint in the Senate.  :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, MDC said:

:lol: 

You poor bastard. 

15 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

You poor bastard. 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So, you can’t rebut it?  Nice work.  Plenty of people in Cuba work their asses off too. They don’t do so hot.  Did you work your ass off before Trump? What line of work are you in?

No, I'm not going to bother to rebut it. Waste of all of our time. You don't care and won't listen. Yes, I've worked my ass off for a long time. Healthcare.

19 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Any instances that I have been dishonest? Or is that what you say about people you disagree with? Typical. 

Intentionally dishonest? To me? Not that I'm aware. But you swallow garbage info like a raccoon at a dump, so your "honesty" is based on lies that you want to believe. So not really honest. But it's not your fault, and I don't blame you. One day, hopefully in the not-too-distant future, when you come to the shameful realization that you believed in Trumpism and that it changed you in an ugly way, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Assuming of course the country hasn't torn itself apart by then, with you bellowing your full-throated support to the demise of democracy cuz "libs bad!"

6 minutes ago, Fnord said:

No, I'm not going to bother to rebut it. Waste of all of our time. You don't care and won't listen. Yes, I've worked my ass off for a long time. Healthcare.

Intentionally dishonest? To me? Not that I'm aware. But you swallow garbage info like a raccoon at a dump, so your "honesty" is based on lies that you want to believe. So not really honest. But it's not your fault, and I don't blame you. One day, hopefully in the not-too-distant future, when you come to the shameful realization that you believed in Trumpism and that it changed you in an ugly way, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Assuming of course the country hasn't torn itself apart by then, with you bellowing your full-throated support to the demise of democracy cuz "libs bad!"

You should be able to provide an example quite easily then.  Please, proceed to show me some of the garbage I swallow. This ought to be good. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You should be able to provide an example quite easily then.  Please, proceed to show me some of the garbage I swallow. This ought to be good. 

Anyone willing to support Donald Trump to lengths that you do has swallowed immense amounts of it. How about I just give you a list of some of the things he's done so you can reflect a bit on the fact you support this mammoth POS.

Hope you have a day to kill

Now if you didn't devote a couple hours to reading that (you didn't read even 5%, as you think it's all BS) I'll give you one small example:

The largest, deadliest pandemic to hit this nation in over a century is raging through the citizenry. There is absolutely nothing inherently political about a virus. But with Trump at the helm, public safety was secondary to politics and fundraising. Joe Biden was in tears listening to healthcare workers tell stories about what they've encountered. Trump has NEVER acknowledged the suffering that anyone is going through in the country that he was hired to run. He GOT the fuking virus and still never said a unifying word to the populace. He kept dividing us, over and over and over.

I don't GAF what your policies are. If you can't find a way to unite a nation towards the common good when faced with a horrific national health and security crisis, you have NO fuking business being the POTUS. I hated GWB and really hate Rudy Giuliani. But in the wake of 9/11, they both did what they had to do to inspire and unite us. Trump is completely incapable of that and we're all worse off for it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

Anyone willing to support Donald Trump to lengths that you do has swallowed immense amounts of it. How about I just give you a list of some of the things he's done so you can reflect a bit on the fact you support this mammoth POS.

Now if you didn't devote a couple hours to reading that (you didn't read even 5%, as you think it's all BS) I'll give you one small example:

The largest, deadliest pandemic to hit this nation in over a century is raging through the citizenry. There is absolutely nothing inherently political about a virus. But with Trump at the helm, public safety was secondary to politics and fundraising. Joe Biden was in tears listening to healthcare workers tell stories about what they've encountered. Trump has NEVER acknowledged the suffering that anyone is going through in the country that he was hired to run. He GOT the fuking virus and still never said a unifying word to the populace. He kept dividing us, over and over and over.

I don't GAF what your policies are. If you can't find a way to unite a nation towards the common good when faced with a horrific national health and security crisis, you have NO fuking business being the POTUS. I hated GWB and really hate Rudy Giuliani. But in the wake of 9/11, they both did what they had to do to inspire and unite us. Trump is completely incapable of that and we're all worse off for it.

Examples of me going to great lengths to support Donald Trump? Looking up easy to find economic data is great lengths? What kind of soft life do you lead that you would think that requires much? Go away simple boy. You can’t hang without making it up. 

31 minutes ago, Fnord said:

What a garbage article.  I’ve heard Trump give plenty of sympathy to those affected by coronavirus. He’s spoken about people he knows that have died. You and the twats that wrote  that must have missed it. Shocking. 

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Panic in DC 

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

Why not?

He didn’t win. Simple. Pay attention. 

45 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Examples of me going to great lengths to support Donald Trump? Looking up easy to find economic data is great lengths? What kind of soft life do you lead that you would think that requires much? Go away simple boy. You can’t hang without making it up. 

Stay in your lane. You're swerving like a drunkard. I'm not talking about your imbecilic links from the other day. I'm talking about what you do and think and who you vote for. And you obviously are more likely to believe it if I DO make it up. Your beliefs are fiction and I legit feel bad for you. 

2 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Stay in your lane. You're swerving like a drunkard. I'm not talking about your imbecilic links from the other day. I'm talking about what you do and think and who you vote for. And you obviously are more likely to believe it if I DO make it up. Your beliefs are fiction and I legit feel bad for you. 

🤣🤣

37 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What a garbage article.  I’ve heard Trump give plenty of sympathy to those affected by coronavirus. He’s spoken about people he knows that have died. You and the twats that wrote  that must have missed it. Shocking. 

You didn't read the article? What a fuking shock! You must never let conflicting data interrupt your reverence for your Godleader. How about some REAL links for the vast outpouring of Trumpian sympathy? Wanna include the one in the oval talking about PTSD among nurses? Here's the video, I don't want you to have to read to understand something, seems like that's too much to ask. "Lotta death. Here's some pens."

Well, the past four years had:

1. Record low unemployment 

B.  Booming economy 

III. No wars, low American deaths abroad.

Then a virus, derived from China, infected the world.  And America’s Private healthcare businesses in conjunction with Trumps “Operation Warp Speed” that helped them has created a vaccine and has the distribution model in place when ready. Australia didn’t do that.  Spain, U.K., Canada or Asia, either.  

So to the OP question?  Apparently the opposite will happen.  Congratulations.

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

It wouldn't have mattered what he said, you and yours would shrug it off as being insincere. You never gave him a fair shake and you know it. 

You've swallowed plenty of garbage yourself. So much so that you can't even give the guy credit for all of the things he's done for the country while he's been in office. 

He tweets mean things.  :cry:

8 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

It wouldn't have mattered what he said, you and yours would shrug it off as being insincere. You never gave him a fair shake and you know it. I actually have given him a fair shake and enjoy his posts, at least until he started getting personal. I know he's sincere. I just think he's delusional. I guarantee you that I'm more likely to admit he might be right than the reverse. You know that's true, too.

You've swallowed plenty of garbage yourself. So much so that you can't even give the guy credit for all of the things he's done for the country while he's been in office. Such as? Seriously, give me  something REAL that HE has done, that no other stuffed suit Republican wouldn't have done better. WAAAY better.

He tweets mean things.  :cry: His tweets are a blessing. They are a real-time accounting of his ineptitude, arrogance, pettiness and ignorance. You'll never hear me b!tch about his Tweets. They're gold. Keep 'em coming.

Sorry @Fnord maybe I wasn't clear in my previous post. 

I was talking about Trump saying something heartfelt to corona virus victims. It would have fallen on deaf ears for those of you who hate the guy. 

He simply didn't stand a chance with a certain portion of the country. He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. Why should he waste his time on those people? He was never going to win them/you over.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

You didn't read the article? What a fuking shock! You must never let conflicting data interrupt your reverence for your Godleader. How about some REAL links for the vast outpouring of Trumpian sympathy? Wanna include the one in the oval talking about PTSD among nurses? Here's the video, I don't want you to have to read to understand something, seems like that's too much to ask. "Lotta death. Here's some pens."

My God you are stupid. Sad. How did people like you come about on this planet? I guess you just wanna be taken care of by government because you are afraid to make decisions in life. You need need help thinking. Poor soul.

10 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

Biden adds "big oil" peeps to his cabinet; despite climate change activists asking him not to. 

SHOCKING?!!@##$@

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-climatechange-cabinet-idUSKBN27X320

Cedric Richmond has taken hundreds of thousands from big oil and gas companies over the years. 

WAIT....so he's NOT doing what he said he'd do?! 

The left has been very united when Trump was around to play the boogeyman. It will be humerous to watch them eat each other for a while.

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

Such as? Seriously, give me  something REAL that HE has done, that no other stuffed suit Republican wouldn't have done better. WAAAY better

Moved the Israel embassy to Jerusalem, throwing a big FU at Palestine and Iran.  Followed up with multiple peace accords between Arab nations and Israel.  Nobel Peace Prize stuff, of course not like your Saint Obama, who did absolutely nothing but got an award for being a hipster black prez.

HTH

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Moved the Israel embassy to Jerusalem, throwing a big FU at Palestine and Iran.  Followed up with multiple peace accords between Arab nations and Israel.  Nobel Peace Prize stuff, of course not like your Saint Obama, who did absolutely nothing but got an award for being a hipster black prez.

HTH

Built a wall, said fock off to indentity politics and treated everyone equal without talking about race every other word. Kept this country out of wars unlike the left. Helped blacks for education and jobs, unlike hussien. It's an endless list. 

The people on the left in this country are so TDS inflicted, their littles minds shut down completely when Trump achieves the things he ran on.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Kept this country out of wars...

This right here should be an easy one. I mean, considering he was supposed to start WWIII and destroy the entire world because he had the nuke codes. 

Instead, he not only didn't start any military conflicts, he actually drew down our presence over seas and brought troops home. Apparently that's not good. 

Name me one time in the history of ever that a vaccine for a deadly virus has been invented, tested and on the brink of distribution within a year. Suffice to say it still wouldn't be happening without Trump at the helm over the last several months. 

23 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

HTH

I love the Obama schtick. I will sadly admit to voting for him in 2008, mostly as a protest vote, as I lived in AZ at the time. But I will admit that I bought some of the hype. That's a mistake I live with every day of my life. Did not make that mistake again. To the rest, I would argue that the things you listed aren't exactly universally applauded.

2 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I love the Obama schtick. I will sadly admit to voting for him in 2008, mostly as a protest vote, as I lived in AZ at the time. But I will admit that I bought some of the hype. That's a mistake I live with every day of my life. Did not make that mistake again. To the rest, I would argue that the things you listed aren't exactly universally applauded.

By whom?  Who doesn’t like a peace accord between say Israel and the UAE?  Iran?  :dunno:

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Sorry @Fnord maybe I wasn't clear in my previous post. 

I was talking about Trump saying something heartfelt to corona virus victims. It would have fallen on deaf ears for those of you who hate the guy. 

He simply didn't stand a chance with a certain portion of the country. He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. Why should he waste his time on those people? He was never going to win them/you over.  :dunno:

Who cares if it fell on deaf ears, although you're not as right about that as you think you are. A LOT of people WOULD have cared. This is a perfect example of one of his biggest flaws as a POTUS. He seemed to think that he was only the president for those that supported him. That's not how it works. There will always be people that hate the POTUS, for whatever reason. But he's the "President of the United States", not the "President of everyone that voted for me and the rest of you fuq off."

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

By whom?  Who doesn’t like a peace accord between say Israel and the UAE?  Iran?  :dunno:

Well the Palestinians considered it a giant FU. But I'm willing to give you this one. Assuming it doesn't completely torpedo chances at peace with the Palestinians (whatever that means), this was a significant accomplishment. There. I'm not completely unreasonable.