Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

anyone starting crab legs this weekend?

I swooped him up to play over cousins. Anyone else gonna roll the dice on him against the leagues worst pass D with a better Offense and Coach than he has ever had? 

I had to do a Google search 'NFL quarterback nicknamed crab legs' to find out who you were talking about...LOL

It's certainly tempting. The only fly in the ointment would be Taysom Hill.

Definitely a high risk, high reward play.

Good luck

• Haha 1

I think he's a decent play this weekend.

Winston is certainly capable of putting up big numbers, it's just his tendency to throw it to the other team that keeps him down.

I would probably play him over Cousins

2 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

I swooped him up to play over cousins. Anyone else gonna roll the dice on him against the leagues worst pass D with a better Offense and Coach than he has ever had? 

I have to.  In a 2 QB league, I have Josh Allen (bye), Drew Brees (out), and Carson Wentz.  I needed to pick him up to start opposite Wentz.

I would rather start Cousins. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

I would rather start Cousins. 

yeah cousins has a good matchup. 

and he hasnt played for a while.   Coach may run a conservative offense to keep him from the INTs.

he may be a great play, but he also may not.   at this point i'd say its a bit of a crapshoot.

I've been streaming QB since Dak snapped his leg. I picked him up and am considering him over Carr. In an even sneakier move, is anyone considering picking up Hill, since ESPN is listing him as QB/TE? In a year of constant TE issues, inserting Hill and picking up some QB points in the tight end slot could be a game-changer.

3 hours ago, pipeman said:

I've been streaming QB since Dak snapped his leg. I picked him up and am considering him over Carr. In an even sneakier move, is anyone considering picking up Hill, since ESPN is listing him as QB/TE? In a year of constant TE issues, inserting Hill and picking up some QB points in the tight end slot could be a game-changer.

Agreed. 

3 hours ago, pipeman said:

He is only listed that on espn. Everyone else has him as a qb only which would not make him worthwhile. 

5 hours ago, pipeman said:

Hill is averaging 4.16 fantasy points per game, so if your current TE is scoring less than that, then Hill would definitely be an upgrade.

In nine games against Atlanta Winston has averaged 277.7 yards per game while throwing 25 touchdowns and just nine interceptions. And again. Atlanta is 31st against the pass. 

According to ESPN's Dianna Russini, Jameis Winston "will not be part of any offensive packages" Week 11 against the Falcons.

Well thanks coach. That makes my choice easy. 

On 11/19/2020 at 5:43 AM, pipeman said:

Inserting Hill and picking up some QB points in the tight end slot could be a game-changer.

If he does play the whole game @ QB, & does well,  I have to think this is going to start a firestorm of complaints from those who lost to the opponent who picked him up & played him @ the TE position. 

39 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

If he does play the whole game @ QB, & does well,  I have to think this is going to start a firestorm of complaints from those who lost to the opponent who picked him up & played him @ the TE position. 

That's part of this wild and crazy game we call fantasy football!

You never quite know what may come your way, just have to be ready and react.

4 hours ago, polecatt said:

That's part of this wild and crazy game we call fantasy football!

You never quite know what may come your way, just have to be ready and react.

Ain't that the truth!

I'm just glad that my league (commissioner) has him listed as a QB only. 

QB scoring is the same as RB's WR's, etc. 6 pts for td's & 1 pt per 10 rushing/passing yards. 

300 yds passing + 3 td's = 48 pts. That would be insanely unfair! 

And I'd be the one listening to the screaming :)

35 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Ain't the the truth!

I'm just glad that my league (commissioner) has him listed as a QB only. 

Otherwise, if the scenario I described above came to fruition, I'd be the one listening to the screaming :)

Ha!

Well as long as I get the W, they can do all the screaming they want!

I don't miss my days of being LM and hearing all that sort of nonsense at all

2 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Jaylon Samuals had TE designation as a Rb and Colston had Te designation as a Wr but I have never seen a qb/te combo. That seems super odd. 

Just saw that the Saints coach said, he hasn’t named a starter at Qb for this weekend yet. 

I was thinking the opposite if Winston was going to be the starter, but if it’s T Hill, I wouldn’t like M Thomas as much.