Sign in to follow this  
KayJay1971

Podcasts

Which podcasts do you personally listen to? I have been listening to Joe Rogan but he often has guests I have never heard of and his episodes last between 2-3 hours each. I also listen to Coffee with Cops which is a tell it like it is type podcast from an ex cops point of view. I am interested in what you listen to and why? Looking for something I can listen to while walking (about an hour give or take per episode). 

I listen to bass fishing podcasts, fantasy football podcasts, sports betting podcasts and The Office Ladies podcast.

Religiously, I listen to Booking the Territory. Jim Cornette. And the 605 Super Podcast.

Any and everything else is only topic related. Wether or not it sounds interesting.

I haven't listened to a podcast in at least four years...  So I can't help you out, sorry...

36 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Pain Killer Already

Joe Rogan

PKA is awesome. Woody is a bit of a dumbass but Kyle and Taylor are great.

I like Rogan but I agree 3 hours is a bit much.

I listen the most to Ben Shapiro, his are around 1 hour.  But there is a lot of overlap between episodes so I don’t do it daily.

Getting into Megyn Kelly’s new one, hers are around 2 hours but pretty interesting.

Mostly true crime/serial killer stuff. 

Last Podcast on the Left 

Forensic Files (basically an audio of the show) 

Cold Case Files (same as the show) 

Tom Brown's Body

Dirty John 

Dr Death

Radio Rental

Bad Batch

S-Town 

Someone Knows Something 

2 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Pain Killer Already

This one sounds interesting. I will give it a try. Thanks! :cheers:

SmartLess - Hosts are Jason Batemen, Will Arnett and Sean Hayes.  

Adam Carolla

A couple of coaching podcasts and a couple of sports card podcasts.  

I listen to youtube channels not podcasts

Gone With the Wynns - interesting tips and experiences for a catamaran boat
MxR Plays - really funny and new episodes every day
PBS Space Time - science
Mr. Creeps -  for good horror stories
TNT Amusements - arcade and pinball repair and upgrades, plus some quirky skits
Trevor Bauer - offers really great insight into MLB
RedLetterMedia - funny takes on movie, TV and life
Nerdrotic - love his rants on California and media

On 11/18/2020 at 6:03 PM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Dan Carlins Hardcore history whenever he puts out something new

I've heard some of Dan Carlin's shows about WW2. Interesting, but incredibly graphic. Like his description of Russians lining up thousands of German POW's in the freezing cold and then turning the water hose on them... to turn the bodies into a makeshift road.  Faces of German soldiers frozen to death could still be seen as they walked/drove over the road.  Insane.

I don't listen to podcasts much anymore.  I used to listen to Stuff You Should Know which is full of interesting facts, except the political correctness drove me nuts - to the point I quit listening.

They apologized for using the word "hooker" because that was offensive and promised to only say "sex workers" in the future.  They apologized for saying "committed suicide" because that was offensive because it implied sin. With respect to dates they won't say "BC or AD", but instead say "BCE or ADE" - otherwise it's offensive to non-Christians. They apologized for saying "early American settlers."  They apologized for saying "Eskimos." They won't say "girlfriend or boyfriend" and instead use "partner" even when it's not same sex. They hate Confederate statues of course and dump on Americans in general.  Every topic imaginable, you know where they stand going in.... wherever the PC world says they should. 

Very funny to see this thread. 
Today was literally the fist time I looked into podcasts. 
Finally got sick of sports radio and listened to Spitten Chicklets (hockey). Was real entertaining and I’m hooked. 
Then listened to KFC Radio (Barstool Sports) - was pretty good. I can get into this show.  

7 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Which ones, specifically? 

Bass Talk Live, Ike Live, Paddle & Fin, Fish the Moment, Luke Dunkin, Bass Fishing Dads, Bass Edge, Inside Bassmaster and Let’s Talk Fish. There are some others as well. 

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Bass Talk Live, Ike Live, Paddle & Fin, Fish the Moment, Luke Dunkin, Bass Fishing Dads, Bass Edge, Inside Bassmaster and Let’s Talk Fish. There are some others as well. 

Cool, ill have to check them out.  I used to be really heavy into bass fishing when BASS was the only game in town.  I've gotten back into it through my son.  I've seen a bunch of Ikes stuff on YouTube, seems like a good guy.

37 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Cool, ill have to check them out.  I used to be really heavy into bass fishing when BASS was the only game in town.  I've gotten back into it through my son.  I've seen a bunch of Ikes stuff on YouTube, seems like a good guy.

Ike isn't for everyone.  People's opinions on him are usually pretty strong and it's love/hate.  I use to find him really annoying until I listened to his Audible book.  The man loves fishing, having fun and helping others.

I think getting into watching BASS tourneys now is a great time.  With a lot of the most popular guys moving on to MLF we're seeing a lot of new faces make a name for themselves in the BASS Elite Series.  Great time for someone to start following a guy early in his career.

Lot of local Philly sports pods: the Good Phight, Liberty Ballers, Bleeding Green Nation etc.

Music pods: KEXP song of the day and KEXP live.

Fiction / story pods: New Yorker fiction and New Yorker the Writer’s Voice, Pseudopod, Nightmare Magazine.

Movie pods: A24 movie pod and Shockwaves.

Random ones: Savage Lovecast, Where Should We Begin (marriage / relationship), TED talk radio hour, Invisibilia (NPR), Left Right and Center (politics).

On 11/18/2020 at 10:22 AM, FlyinHeadlock said:

Pain Killer Already

So I have given this one a try. Some of it is pretty funny but it really just seems like 3 nerds talking about video games (lots of COD), Belle Delphine ("oh my god. She is going to show her ! Her actual ! Not even blurred or hidden with a "), and the like for nearly 4 hours! I wish they could condense it down to the good stuff and only go for an hour or so. 

2 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

So I have given this one a try. Some of it is pretty funny but it really just seems like 3 nerds talking about video games (lots of COD), Belle Delphine ("oh my god. She is going to show her ! Her actual ! Not even blurred or hidden with a "), and the like for nearly 4 hours! I wish they could condense it down to the good stuff and only go for an hour or so. 

I think if you are a guy under 30, you are talking about video games and Belle Delphine all day.

I don't do podcasts much.  

I like Joe Rogan, but the length is a bit much sometimes.

I usually listen to Dave Ramsey podcasts, or other finance/retirement shows and fantasy football shows, although over the years I do those less and less.
I'm a Vikings fan, so getting kicked in the yambag every year gets old and I'm losing interest.

I'm like most of the kids these days.  I never watch TV and instead of "TV shows" I watch youtube.  I honestly would like to move off youtube to maybe bitchute or something but the fun and cool content is still on youtube.  It feels like more and more people are slowly making the shift though.  Maybe in 5 years.

thinking about starting one up.

• Shapiro 
  • Scott Adams
  • Tim Pool

Local flavor (Boston, although they do a lot of national stuff too):

• Gerry Callahan
  • Tom Shattuck