Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

D'Andre Swift Updates

Between Patricia being an idiot and these injuries he’s getting to be a PITA to have. 

It's the curse of Barry Sanders...

The Lions are just not meant to have a decent RB for any considerable length of time

Officially out for this weekend.  Sure would like to know what the heck happened?  He was fine for a full practice on Wednesday.  Lions keeping it hush hush.  Conspiracy that Patricia has full contact practices......we'll probably never know.  Wouldn't put it past him though.  He's an f'ing moron

Okay... fine... lose Swift for one week... letʻs look ahead to the Thursday Thanksgiving game... DOES HE HAVE ENOUGH TIME to complete the concussion protocol to play Thursday????

We can complain about missing Swift for one game... Iʻm more concerned about his availability for Thursday.

16 hours ago, njacinto said:

Okay... fine... lose Swift for one week... letʻs look ahead to the Thursday Thanksgiving game... DOES HE HAVE ENOUGH TIME to complete the concussion protocol to play Thursday????

We can complain about missing Swift for one game... Iʻm more concerned about his availability for Thursday.

I am not overly optimistic about having him for Thursday. Concussions are tough and vary widely. But in general it is less common for somebody to enter the concussion protocol on Monday and play the following weekend. He entered the protocol on Thursday. 

I believe Allen Robinson got cleared for a Sunday after getting one in a Monday night game. So there's hope here esp since I don't believe he has any history of concussions. 

On 11/20/2020 at 2:15 PM, SexyRexy said:

I’m between ap or lev to fill the void. AP bet for volume but....

Would agree. 

10 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Still waiting to hear how that ghost concussion came about.   

IDK.....but Gio Bernard could sure tell us!

Good grief.  Swift's ghost concussion must be pretty bad.  Since I despise Matt Patricia so much I'm inclined to believe this is his fault somehow.

Now Adrian Peterson saying Swift hasn't been the same since getting the concussion.  "It's been hard to watch" were Peterson's words.  

What the heck now Rapaport tweeting that the Lions have taken Swift off the injury report, meaning he's cleared concussion protocol.

Rapaport states he was on the injury report for an illness.  WTF?

19 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

What the heck now Rapaport tweeting that the Lions have taken Swift off the injury report, meaning he's cleared concussion protocol.

Rapaport states he was on the injury report for an illness.  WTF?

I guess the good news is he's off the protocol, but now an "illness".  God, I pray he practices tomorrow.  The fantasy gods are really messing with us this year..

Gore in, Swift out, is a good move. 

Good luck 

I added Gore too

if Nothing else gives me a chance to growl

Gore em Gore em Sunday

D'Andre Swift (illness) was limited at Wednesday's practice.

Swift is recovered from his concussion, but the Lions held him out with a non-COVID illness last week. The limited practice puts him on track to play Sunday. Swift may not have more than a small package of plays if he returns this week.

SOURCE: Detroit News

I'm wondering how they come to the conclusion that he may not have more than just a bit part in this week's game?  Based on what information?  It's only Wednesday and Bevell hasn't said anything like that.

Would be great if he could be a playoff lotto ticket but that just doesn't seem to be happening.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

A black guy?  With a small package?  I doubt it...

Weren't you in some other thread throwing around Bible verses and whatnot?  Stay classy

2 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Weren't you in some other thread throwing around Bible verses and whatnot?

Prophets have a sense of humor too.

3 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Weren't you in some other thread throwing around Bible verses and whatnot?  Stay classy

Remember , he’s still in mourning over his beloved ff team.  

What could have been. Lol.