Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

D'Andre Swift Updates

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Remember , he’s still in mourning over his beloved ff team.  

What could have been. Lol.  

Well yeah, epic story fell just short--but making the playoffs in my two $250 leagues makes it easier to kick dust on the $40 team.

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Well yeah, epic story fell just short--but making the playoffs in my two $250 leagues makes it easier to kick dust on the $40 team.

Congrats, but don’t see you writing a love story about those other teams.  

Just now, weepaws said:

Congrats, but don’t see you writing a love story about those other teams.  

Nah, the story was the 20 man league.

"Axe Elf Wins Another" doesn't sell newspapers.

Not sure that Swift is startable, even if he is cleared.

ADP has been balling, and with Swift having such a severe concussion, they might have a limited package for him if he is declared a full go.

Pretty risky with everything on the line.

Really risky. 

Are we finally going to be getting Swift back into the lineup this week? Some will think he's still out due to the concussion, but he missed last week due to an illness, not the concussion, so I'm expecting him to return. He did return to practice on Wednesday, which is always a good thing. We definitely want to monitor this situation, as there are going to be fantasy points up for grabs this week. Of the fantasy production the Packers have allowed to skill-position players, running backs make up a league-high 39.6 percent of it. All in all, the Packers allow the third-most fantasy points per game to running backs (28.8). That's a very high number considering their opponents have only averaged 60.1 plays per game (third-fewest). They've faced 27.1 running back touches per game (15th) but have allowed the seventh-most total yards. When you factor in points per weighted opportunity, they've allowed the second-most points per opportunity, behind only the Lions themselves. We're expecting the Lions to face a negative gamescript here, right? Well, the Packers have seen just the 12th-most targets to the running back position, but they've allowed the second-most receiving yards to them. Surprise, surprise, the 7.15 yards per target they've allowed to running backs is the highest number in football. The wildcard here is that we don't know how interim head coach Darrell Bevell will handle this backfield, as he gave Adrian Peterson much more run than Kerryon Johnson, which differed from what Matt Patricia did with Swift out. I'd assume Bevell goes to the most talented back at this stage, especially in the passing game, and that's Swift. Provided he's back, Swift should be considered an RB2 with top-10 upside should Bevell give him the workhorse role. Peterson would be just a touchdown-dependent RB4, while Johnson is someone who belongs on waivers in redraft formats.

Now how much do you trust that’s going to happen? 

Maybe they give K Johnson the ball a little bit more then in the past. 

What a mess for D. Swift owners. A few weeks ago, I was thinking he would be my RB playoff stud. Now I don't even know if he'll be the highest scoring RB on the team Week 14 in a PPR smash spot. Damn.

No way I'm starting him.  If he's still dealing with issues from that ghost concussion then I don't have much faith in Swift doing much.

Give the Lions credit for erring on the side of caution, not just by placing Swift in concussion protocol but by giving him last week to get right, too, after he was removed from protocol

Second, I wrote about Swift having recurring headaches (not just when he was in concussion protocol) the other day. Bevell acknowledged migraines and brain injury might report similar symptoms. Asked if Lions are sure Swift had a concussion, he said: “I cannot say that

Interesting.  May never have had concussion.  Also he's trending toward being a full go on Sunday per Birkett.

Swift was a FULL PARTICIPANT in practice today.  Thats a big deal.  I'm strongly considering him as a flex right now.

46 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Swift was a FULL PARTICIPANT in practice today.  Thats a big deal.  I'm strongly considering him as a flex right now.

starting him over Drake and Sanders

2 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Swift was a FULL PARTICIPANT in practice today. 

Maybe, but he's probly still got a smaller package than Adrian Peterson.

Peterson and his 3.7 ypc really hard to beat.  He's like Eddie George.  When you need 2 yards he'll get you 3.  When you need 4 yards he'll get you 3.

3 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Peterson and his 3.7 ypc really hard to beat.  He's like Eddie George.  When you need 2 yards he'll get you 3.  When you need 4 yards he'll get you 3.

You were close, but you should have stayed with the Vikings.  That's what Denny Green said about Leroy Hoard in the 90s.

16 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

starting him over Drake and Sanders

ballsy.   I'm debating starting him over either Drake or Taylor but not sure I can convince myself to do it

I wouldn’t. 

Unless he takes a hit that causes him to get another headache. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Unless he takes a hit that causes him to get another headache. 

Obviously no guarantees.  But thats across the board.  I'm interested in him because he's a gamebreaker.  A guy that can create a good fantasy day from just one play.  It's the same reason I still have Mostert on my roster.

Yeah I really was just joking.