Fireballer

Kennedy assassination

57 years ago today...

I wasn't alive then, but even as a kid in the 80s, I remember it still being talked about alot.  Now, not so much.   Let's hear some Geek theories...

I visited Dealey Plaza and the Grassy Knoll and the Former Texas School Depository / Sixth Floor Museum, kinda interesting.  I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.

4 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I visited Dealey Plaza and the Grassy Knoll and the Former Texas School Depository / Sixth Floor Museum, kinda interesting.  I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.

There is a giant X on the road exactly where Kennedy got shot.

I mean, Wylie Coyote disguises his traps better than that.

His driver only had to drive AROUND that X..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

William Greer took him out.

Alot of people think you can see a gun in his hand of the Zapruder film.  But he wasn't killed by a handgun round.

13 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.

You think the deadly round to the head was fired from the window?

17 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You think the deadly round to the head was fired from the window?

yes

I lived in Dallas in the mid 80’s-90’s.  The Oliver Stone movie came out during that time so there was plenty of buzz.  

The Warren Report seems like a rush to judgment, but I don’t completely buy Garrison’s take either.  

I don’t think we will ever have all the answers.   But, I don’t believe Oswald acted alone.  

That Oliver Stone movie was the biggest fiction / make believe ever.  Truly a shame that conspiracy theories can be made into movies and marketed like it's truth.

16 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

That Oliver Stone movie was the biggest fiction / make believe ever.  Truly a shame that conspiracy theories can be made into movies and marketed like it's truth.

Most people I know look at it as a theory.  Not a smoking gun or a definitive answer.  

I’m not a conspiracy guy at all, but it’s hard to shake the stank of some of the sh!t that went down on November 22 and the days/weeks/months following   

57 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Alot of people think you can see a gun in his hand of the Zapruder film.  But he wasn't killed by a handgun round.

I don't think and it's obvious. Half the SS was in on it as well.

Yeah, a two bit lifelong scumbag like Jack Ruby killed Oswald because he just loved JFK so much. He was crestfallen and  decided to avenge the President himself. You’re a dope if you buy that. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fireballer said:

57 years ago today...

I wasn't alive then, but even as a kid in the 80s, I remember it still being talked about alot.  Now, not so much.   Let's hear some Geek theories...

LBJ, and possibly the Democrat party, were clearly behind it.  Kennedy did NOT want to get involved in the Vietnam war, but Johnson and the Dems did.  They couldn't convince Kennedy, so they eliminated him.  Then, they killed Oswald so that he wouldn't talk.  Jack Ruby died before his retrial.  They claimed it was cancer... I don't believe it.

Ambushed by forces within, multiple shooters, patsy, cover-up

Oswald, lone shooter wack job, Ruby so upset he did it for Marina.... there's a better chance the Loch Ness Monster exists.

• Like 1

I took a class on this topic in college by a expert on it, Professor Kurtz I believe. He wrote several books on JFK. I also visited the sniper's nest and took the tour. If you ever get the chance to visit it in Dallas it's well worth it.

As an old Marine myself, looking at it I don't think Oswald had the balls to do it. He was doing so much suspicious stuff at work that day he had to know someone would eventually put two and two together. He logged no work at the school book depository that morning on his book logs, missed a staff meeting, threw his weapon in the elevator shaft and leaves work to hide in a movie theater. He was a patsy way in over his head with a POS Italian rifle and not a good shot from Marine records.

• Like 1

Oswald yelling out “I was a patsy” after the shooting and is killed by a low level hoodlum days later.  Ok.  Never thought OC in the south was so patriotic.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I took a class on this topic in college by a expert on it, Professor Kurtz I believe. He wrote several books on JFK. I also visited the sniper's nest and took the tour. If you ever get the chance to visit it in Dallas it's well worth it.

As an old Marine myself, looking at it I don't think Oswald had the balls to do it. He was doing so much suspicious stuff at work that day he had to know someone would eventually put two and two together. He logged no work at the school book depository that morning on his book logs, missed a staff meeting, threw his weapon in the elevator shaft and leaves work to hide in a movie theater. He was a patsy way in over his head with a POS Italian rifle and not a good shot from Marine records.

I've taken the tour twice. And agreed, it's amazing - powerful in fact. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Why is it hard to believe for some that our own Government took out J.F.K. We are witnessing a  Coup d'etat through election now.

They did but it was an accident. This is the only logical explanation that actually fits the scene.

#1. The govt is NEVER going to tell you that their agent focked up so bad he blew his own presidents head off with the only gun in the area that could cause the damage done. Think about it. It's not a good idea and a really bad idea back then during the cold war.

#2. Hickey rose up, while turning to address the direction of Oswald, the vehicle sped up, causing him to pull the trigger as the gun rose.

#3. All evidence magically disappeared along with threats to anyone who tried to tell what really happened. Eyewitness accounts however at the time told the story of gunpowder at street level. 

Pic of George Hickey carrying the weapon that killed Kennedy. This picture really is all you need to know.

They love to try and poke holes in this but their excuses like "no way a 1 in a million shot would hit it's target" are simply comical.

Anyone who's visited the 6th Floor Museum has stood at that infamous window. From it you get the full scale view of Daeley Plaza, a full perspective of the grandness of that moment - all from from an otherwise innocuous warehouse 6th floor perch.

Aside from being creepy, one of the 1st things you notice is the motorcade route. Now I've never trained as a sniper, never served in the military, but even as a regular civilian - even I noticed the peculiar awkwardness of that shot.... Anyone shooting from that window had a full on, unobstructed view of Kennedy coming down Houston St. The limousine was not only closer but it was traveling towards the window, face on... Instead the shooter waited for the car to turn on Elm St., drive down a curving road, moving away, with trees and traffic poles obstructing the view..... um, yet another reason I'm not buying it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Anyone who's visited the 6th Floor Museum has stood at that infamous window. From it you get the full scale view of Daeley Plaza, a full perspective of the grandness of that moment - all from from an otherwise innocuous warehouse 6th floor perch.

Aside from being creepy, one of the 1st things you notice is the motorcade route. Now I've never trained as a sniper, never served in the military, but even as a regular civilian - even I noticed the peculiar awkwardness of that shot.... Anyone shooting from that window had a full on, unobstructed view of Kennedy coming down Houston St. The limousine was not only closer but it was traveling towards the window, face on... Instead the shooter waited for the car to turn on Elm St., drive down a curving road, moving away, with trees and traffic poles obstructing the view..... um, yet another reason I'm not buying it. 

He hit him. With 1 of 3 shots. Right thru the neck.

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

if you have the capability of thinking rationally, you will end up with the same conclusion

Because most rational people with rational thoughts preface their ideas this way.

20 minutes ago, nobody said:

Because most rational people with rational thoughts preface their ideas this way.

Yes.

39 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Yes.

It's like when chicks say they're classy.

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

He hit him. With 1 of 3 shots. Right thru the neck.

Aw yes, the pristine bullet shot. The only bullet to ever pass thru 2 grown men, shatter multiple bones - then pop out on a stretcher. As clean and new looking as the day it came out of the box...

All that aside, still doesn't negate the fact that a sniper passed on the highest probability kill path. To opt for an obstructed shot, at a target twisting/turning, moving away - when seconds earlier had a clear on/unobstructed/closer view - makes no sense. 

Maybe Oswald wasn't quite ready to take the shot.

Maybe Oswald thought it was an easier shot at a distance going straight away to give him more time to aim vs a faster moving target closer and moving side to side. 

Maybe his gun had a problem and he had to then wait until the car turned and proceeded onto the street the shot was taken toward.

Maybe he thought it would be harder for people to determine where the shots came from if he was further away, thus giving him a better chance to get away.

I recommend checking out what Oswald brother's opinion was. 

There were no other suspects. 

There was no proof of a shot from another location.

53 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Aw yes, the pristine bullet shot. The only bullet to ever pass thru 2 grown men, shatter multiple bones - then pop out on a stretcher. As clean and new looking as the day it came out of the box...

All that aside, still doesn't negate the fact that a sniper passed on the highest probability kill path. To opt for an obstructed shot, at a target twisting/turning, moving away - when seconds earlier had a clear on/unobstructed/closer view - makes no sense. 

Let me correct myself, 2 of the 3 shots were from Oswald. The 1st shot hit the pavement. The 2nd hit both Kennedy & Connally. Don't believe the Warren report BS about Connally's position in the vehicle.

Donahue's reconstruction of the trajectories of the shots that struck Kennedy and Governor Connally supported the single-bullet theory for the second shot. Donahue decided that the "impossible trajectory" suggested by the Warren Commission was only necessary because there was an error in their positioning of Connally.

I mean how dumb can ya be to drop an almost pristine bullet on the gurney and claim it was the bullet that hit them both. The bullet was placed there by the same incompetent SS that blew his head off.

The bullet was found on a gurney in the corridor at Parkland Memorial Hospital after the assassination. Yeah, good one. 

Conducting his own investigation, Donahue eventually decided that the bullet that struck Kennedy in the head had in fact been fired by United States Secret Service Special Agent George Warren Hickey Jr. (March 24, 1923 to February 25, 2005) from an AR-15 rifle carried in the car immediately following the President's vehicle. The proposed series of events is as follows: After the first shot which hit the street was fired, Hickey turns completely around and acquires Oswald on the sixth floor of the school book depository building. His turned head is documented in an AP photograph by James Altgens. Hickey reaches for the AR-15 under the seat, releases the safety and begins to lift the gun. The second shot is fired by Oswald, hitting the president and Texas Governor John Connally. The president's car and the follow-up car containing Hickey suddenly sped up. This is attested to by Secret Service agent Clint Hill. Agent Hickey, who is unstable because he is standing on the cushion of the seat, rather than the floor of the car, begins to fall back due to the acceleration of the vehicle, pulling the trigger of the AR-15. The gun is pointed toward Kennedy at that instant, and the bullet strikes him squarely in the back of the head.

Honestly, I'm willing to stipulate everything the government said about Oswald, the one gun, the magic bullet, and that he took 3 shots, etc, all happened

What I'm not willing to buy, is that LBJ and possibly the Democrat party (or high ranking members), had nothing to do with it.

The FBI never warned the Secret Service about Oswald being an American hating nut job and on their watch list.  Odd that a person who was like that... whom lived in Dallas and worked at the Book Depository, which was on the parade route, would not have been mentioned to the Secret Service - by the FBI.  Well, it's not odd unless the Secret Service never told the FBI about the route.

The Secret Service also counted that there was over 20k windows along the route.  They also deemed that since they didn't have enough people to man every window... not only did they not do that, they didn't check a single window.  None at all.  This is the President of the United Stats we're talking about here.  They didn't look at ANY window?  None?

The Secret Service was definitely involved. They would not have gotten involved unless someone important told them too.  Other than LBJ, who's on the list?  I'm thinking not many.