Sign in to follow this  
edjr

How does Matty pencil Patricia still have his job in Detroit?

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

Voltaire seems kind of angry :ninja:

We're all watching the country going to sh*t and only like 15% care.

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

lets pretend 100% cared. What would you say they do? "peacefully protest" 

19 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I am certainly pro police, my brother in law is a police officer in Denver metro area and I think they are good. That does not mean I hate the people that support the black lives matter/ defund the police movement. They have a different opinion and have their (incorrect) reasons for coming to that conclusion. 

People disagree with many things that I think, but that does not mean they are wrong, nor I am right. We just have a different opinion on what is best.

The country is doing pretty well, and depending on the economic impact of Covid will determine how well it does in the future.

• Like 1

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

I am certainly pro police, my brother in law is a police officer in Denver metro area and I think they are good. That does not mean I hate the people that support the black lives matter movement. They have a different opinion and have their (incorrect) reasons for coming to that conclusion. 

The country is doing pretty well, and depending on the economic impact of Covid will determine how well it does in the future.

Some of us actually bought into the beliefs and hopes and visions for the liberty that the founders envisioned when the created the place. It's discouraging how many modern people just don't care and are willing to let it all slip away. Now, it's becoming like China, just a place to be used and squeezed for money and yet be mentally detached from that holds no overall warmth or significance. Even worse. Woke Amerika has many eerie similarities to Cultural Revolution China of the 60s and 70s. Everyone just shrugs and watches it burn. I have nothing but contempt. 

9 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Some of us actually bought into the beliefs and hopes and visions for the liberty that the founders envisioned when the created the place. It's discouraging how many modern people just don't care and are willing to let it all slip away. Now, it's becoming like China, just a place to be used and squeezed for money and yet be mentally detached from that holds no overall warmth or significance. Even worse. Woke Amerika has many eerie similarities to Cultural Revolution China of the 60s and 70s. Everyone just shrugs and watches it burn. I have nothing but contempt. 

We have a vastly different opinion on the state of America. My biggest concerns are the effect of the pandemic on the economy and the state of the budget.The economy is what directly effects me.

As long as the economy is good I can put food on the table and have fun activities with my family all while saving for retirement.

Matthew Stafford kneeling does not effect me. I disagree with his opinion, but I respect his right to have that opinion.

28 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I’m with you. NJ is voting in a social justice curriculum in their schools. When you consider how one sided it will be and who will be teaching it we all know how it’s going to go. And further divide us.  But they don’t care. 

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

the country I grew up in and love has gone to sh*t since I've been away such that in 2020, now anti-Americanism is taught in celebrated in modern culture. I wholeheartedly support all the good, decent people fighting against the tide in support of the values and culture and traditions as well as the founding ideals that the country use to stand for and use to support but we are really under assault. It's been complicated enough to stop giving a sh*t about even the focking woke-ass Lions but I'm working my way through it. It's nearly impossible for the country that I had assumed we all loved and treasured but turns out very few of us actually do/did. 

I don't want any part of woke Amerika. Fock that place. If this is what the United States is becoming, I'm glad I'm overseas. While China has a whole host of problems, I knew all about that them before I came over here, but it was an easy place to thrive and make a living. China can't disappoint because I never fell in love with the place, the warts have always been there and I always felt the I could walk away. Its the US that has gone to total sh*t, cutting ties to sanity and floating off into nonsense, and it's not the right's fault.

Rampant 1st amendment violations, massive election fraud, wokeism, cops are bad while rioters are good, Jefferson, Washington, and Lincoln statues torn down, white people are horrible and have privilege they ought to feel ashamed of, transgenders competing in girls' sports, drag queen story hour, jobs exported overseas. The cronyist corporations run everything but that's not new, it's been an ongoing issue since before I left. Now we're celebrating the kneeling in protest of America on Thanksgiving. No thank you. Generations of great men and women have worked and built and grew a country out of nothing. The died for it in wars and we're just pissing on them and their sacrificing. Just pissing it all way.

Fock off, woke Amerika. I will not condone it or make peace with it. This is total and complete bullsh*t.

"Let's all join together and kneel in unison in protests of this sh*ty America on Thanksgiving." No.  I will not. Fock off. 

Your problem is you don’t live here and haven’t for a long time. From afar I’m sure fox news, OAN, QAnon etc. paint a very bleak picture. But it’s mostly propaganda and you’d do well to recognize that :)

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

the country I grew up in and love has gone to sh*t since I've been away such that in 2020, now anti-Americanism is taught in celebrated in modern culture. I wholeheartedly support all the good, decent people fighting against the tide in support of the values and culture and traditions as well as the founding ideals that the country use to stand for and use to support but we are really under assault. It's been complicated enough to stop giving a sh*t about even the focking woke-ass Lions but I'm working my way through it. It's nearly impossible for the country that I had assumed we all loved and treasured but turns out very few of us actually do/did. 

I don't want any part of woke Amerika. Fock that place. If this is what the United States is becoming, I'm glad I'm overseas. While China has a whole host of problems, I knew all about that them before I came over here, but it was an easy place to thrive and make a living. China can't disappoint because I never fell in love with the place, the warts have always been there and I always felt the I could walk away. Its the US that has gone to total sh*t, cutting ties to sanity and floating off into nonsense, and it's not the right's fault.

Rampant 1st amendment violations, massive election fraud, wokeism, cops are bad while rioters are good, Jefferson, Washington, and Lincoln statues torn down, white people are horrible and have privilege they ought to feel ashamed of, transgenders competing in girls' sports, drag queen story hour, jobs exported overseas. The cronyist corporations run everything but that's not new, it's been an ongoing issue since before I left. Now we're celebrating the kneeling in protest of America on Thanksgiving. No thank you. Generations of great men and women have worked and built and grew a country out of nothing. The died for it in wars and we're just pissing on them and their sacrificing. Just pissing it all way.

Fock off, woke Amerika. I will not condone it or make peace with it. This is total and complete bullsh*t.

"Let's all join together and kneel in unison in protests of this sh*ty America on Thanksgiving." No.  I will not. Fock off. 

Well it's shame to see such a blatent Anti American.  And you say others are the problem?  Based on this rant, I'm kinda glad you're gone.  The nation doesn't need traitors.  

32 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

We have a vastly different opinion on the state of America. My biggest concerns are the effect of the pandemic on the economy and the state of the budget.The economy is what directly effects me.

As long as the economy is good I can put food on the table and have fun activities with my family all while saving for retirement.

Matthew Stafford kneeling does not effect me. I disagree with his opinion, but I respect his right to have that opinion.

As do I.  Thought that was what America was all about?   I guess not to Voltaire.  You gotta agree with what HE Agrees with. Nice american there

40 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

But you support the guy the demagogue that acted like an authoritarian and tried to subvert democracy at every turn, including by refusing to acknowledge the results of an election he very clearly lost and lost big. :dunno:

You can see the pussification of America by a few in this thread.  Just roll over and let the lunatics have their way. 

I used to have the live and let live mentality.  Not anymore.  It's clear that when we give an inch, they take a mile.

23 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

But you support the guy the demagogue that acted like an authoritarian and tried to subvert democracy at every turn, including by refusing to acknowledge the results of an election he very clearly lost and lost big. :dunno:

when idiots like you start supporting the constitution and not rioting and destruction of everything, then I will worry about Trump

and you still havent acknowledged the 2016 election so spare us

33 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Your problem is you don’t live here and haven’t for a long time. From afar I’m sure fox news, OAN, QAnon etc. paint a very bleak picture. But it’s mostly propaganda and you’d do well to recognize that :)

Fox and Qanon are the same now? What a clown. 

26 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yes, authoritarians are known for being investigated by the opposition party and impeached. Authoritarians also lose in court. Authoritarians stand back and let riots occur because the local government says he can’t send in his troops. Talk about being a conspiracy nut. W anon right here. 

17 hours ago, Gladiators said:

I used to have the live and let live mentality. 

You know you did. 

On 11/29/2020 at 8:04 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hatbaugh. Ooof. I’m dreading the day that crybaby comes back to the NFL. His brother is just as bad. 

Yep. His brother is such a b!tch. His crying "disrespectful!"
When the Titans huddled on the Ravens logo was hilarious.

Suck it. The Titans have a better win percentage at the Ravens stadium in 2020 than they do.

On 12/1/2020 at 1:33 AM, supermike80 said:

Well it's shame to see such a blatent Anti American.  And you say others are the problem?  Based on this rant, I'm kinda glad you're gone.  The nation doesn't need traitors.  

I’ve always bitten my tongue holding back on personal attacks at you or any one else here because I want to get along with everyone and try to do so, but this is out of lines, Mike. Although I continue to find your opinions on this some combination of disappointing, maddening, and total bullsh1t, I do continue to look forward to down the line when it reverts to how it always was when we got along fine. I am going to have a hard time doing so however, unless you retract this post. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I’ve always bitten my tongue holding back on personal attacks at you or any one else here because I want to get along with everyone and try to do so, but this is out of lines, Mike. Although I continue to find your opinions on this some combination of disappointing, maddening, and total bullsh1t, I do continue to look forward to down the line when it reverts to how it always was when we got along fine. I am going to have a hard time doing so however, unless you retract this post. Thanks.

Well said.  Totally out of line. 

On 11/30/2020 at 11:20 AM, Voltaire said:

Read this again. Great post.  You summed it up perfectly. A real American right here. 

12 hours ago, Voltaire said:

You're right.   I think I was in a p*ssy mood and I shouldn't have said that.  It was crappy.

I apologize.  I am in no position to judge you or your patriotism, or anything else for that matter, based on a spattering of posts on a message board.   

Crappy of me and I will try to do better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, supermike80 said:

You're right.   I think I was in a p*ssy mood and I shouldn't have said that.  It was crappy.

I apologize.  I am in no position to judge you or your patriotism, or anything else for that matter, based on a spattering of posts on a message board.   

Crappy of me and I will try to do better.

Thanks. Its a hard time right now with the uneasy alliance of the Trump populist faction and the mainstream conservatives bitter at each other and that’s filtered down and showing up with us. Politics makes people angry but with MDC and Worms and Newbie and others, I have always kept that disagreement compartmentalized. 

I despised George W Bush and voted for Obama twice so I have been on the outs with the right wing faction here before as well, but I always try to not get personal.