Sign in to follow this  
Jarvis Basnight

Another Buy Low

Similar to Akers and Montgomery threads.  I'm no fan of Wisconsin running backs.  They have a track record in the NFL that speaks for itself.  That said Taylor is a steep investment for Indy and they proved yesterday that they're not going to give up on him.  I see on ROS lists he's buried down by guys he doesn't belong with.  He carried the load yesterday and has maybe THE MOST beautiful schedule going forward....

12 - Tenn

13 - @ Houston

14 - @ LV

15 - Houston

16 - @ Pitt

17 - Jax - (Some leagues have week 17 contests or total points stuff)

Week 16 stinks but otherwise you cannot ask for more.

Thoughts?  Should we be buying?

As an owner, I am convinced that he'll have another good game or two, but will be bathed in volatility ROS.

The Colts RB situation is quickly gaining the same reputation that The Hoodie has built in NE over the years.

I already bought low last week at the trade deadline. Gave up Gaskin to the owner of the other Miami RB guy, Ahmed something. The schedule is the main reason I pulled the trigger...

I'm a dynasty guy, and had him as my #1 pick in the draft. So throw that type league out the window for this question.

Just wondering how most people in a redraft, or keeper league acquired him? (I don't know).

I would have assumed people thought of him as a #3RB, bye week, first off the bench type guy?

If you invested more capital than that. I can't Imagine bailing on him low. And if he is your #3. I'd think you'd have to really make people over pay, unless you're desperate.

I don't think he fits the buy low criteria.

15 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I already bought low last week at the trade deadline. Gave up Gaskin to the owner of the other Miami RB guy, Ahmed something. The schedule is the main reason I pulled the trigger...

Wow. Nice job.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Yes I agree , nice.  

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is Dobbins the man now in a Baltimore? 

Yes..........I am wondering the same.  Do you go after him or Taylor?  Dobbins may actually be the better target with a less cluttered backfield.  Ingram may be on the outside looking in now.

ROS on FFToday had him buried at 34th going into this week.  Wonder if he makes a big jump?  Dobbins is definitely the most dangerous RB Baltimore has.

Taylor could be a buy low, but as jrokh said if you wanted to buy at the lowest you probably should have done it before this past weekend

24 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Yes..........I am wondering the same.  Do you go after him or Taylor?  Dobbins may actually be the better target with a less cluttered backfield.  Ingram may be on the outside looking in now.

ROS on FFToday had him buried at 34th going into this week.  Wonder if he makes a big jump?  Dobbins is definitely the most dangerous RB Baltimore has.

His schedule after Thursday is really good. If he is the man it’s gold. But these NFL coaches can be a real PITA with this stuff. 

I still have yet to see that 4.39 speed in a game yet. He’s hesitant to hit the holes at the line of scrimmage and slow when he bounces it outside. He runs a similar style to Le’Veon bell in that he’s very patient, but in a sense that almost negates his homerun speed which Bell never had. He’s a puzzling RB to figure out.

45 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is Dobbins the man now in a Baltimore? 

Good question.

Gus The Bus is a coach-favorite and, barring injury,  I don't think he's going away.

Volatility abounds. Here are Jonathan Taylor's three games after Indianapolis' Week 7 bye:

Running back rush shares: 30.6%, 31.6%, 25.9% Target shares: 8.8%, 5.0%, 5.6%

Jonathan Taylor's share in Week 11: Rush share: 68.8% Target share: 11.8%

Tough tea leaves to read, to say the least.

8 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Dobbins just went from buy low to buy no for me since he has covid.  That could mean he misses the next 2 weeks.

God dammit. 

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

Volatility abounds. Here are Jonathan Taylor's three games after Indianapolis' Week 7 bye:

Running back rush shares: 30.6%, 31.6%, 25.9% Target shares: 8.8%, 5.0%, 5.6%

Jonathan Taylor's share in Week 11: Rush share: 68.8% Target share: 11.8%

Tough tea leaves to read, to say the least.

Some Colts reporter suggests that reich basically gives all three RBs a few carries in the first quarter, and then rides the rb who does the best with them. Seems crazy to me, Taylor is a workhorse back, a guy who does better the more run he gets. But the Colts are winning games so....

Yeah if the teams winning , you know the coach is going to keep rolling with the rotation. 

18 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Yeah if the teams winning , you know the coach is going to keep rolling with the rotation. 

I hope the coach keeps rolling with yesterday's rotation. 22 carries for Jonathan 😎

Lol if one owners Mr Taylor, I’m sure they do. 

But I think next week it could be Wilkins or either Hines, tricky situation going into the ff playoff season.