Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Bills TE develops Myocarditis due to Covid. Season Over

2 hours ago, Kent said:

I don't agree with flat earthers either. 

Not my problem 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Marriage?

Lol oh my soul, now that’s funny.  

1 hour ago, Kent said:

It all takes a backseat during a pandemic where asymptomatic people spread virus.   

And that's okay.  Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the safety of the at risk population. This is one of those rare times.  

God Bless America. 

Some people are losing everything, that’s a pretty big sacrifice to protect someone like yourself.  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

This is the comment that caused me to exaggerate. I think the NFL is taking this very seriously already. The only way to take this more seriously is to just stop playing, which is not the answer at all.

If this happened to Tom Brady, the season would be cancelled. You “think” the NFL is taking it seriously? Relative to what college football? College football is a disaster in case you haven’t noticed. The quality of product has already been destroyed in baseball and CFB. 

Let’s see how this Lamar Jackson news plays out. 

Taking it seriously is Ivy League cancelling all sports. How do you compare the 2 in terms of “taking it seriously”?

You can’t. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

If this happened to Tom Brady, the season would be cancelled. You “think” the NFL is taking it seriously? Relative to what college football? College football is a disaster in case you haven’t noticed. The quality of product has already been destroyed in baseball and CFB. 

Taking it seriously is Ivy League cancelling all sports. How do you compare the 2 in terms of “taking it seriously”?

You can’t. 

Like I said, the only way to take it more seriously is to close the whole country down. Dont leave your house. Period

For a year. Then no one has to get hurt. 

12 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Some people are losing everything, that’s a pretty big sacrifice to protect someone like yourself.  

I’ve been without work since March. I’m a hotel manager. With the travel industry as ravaged as it is, there simply isn’t any work. Businesses will continue to suffer until the virus is under control and that’s not an opinion it’s fact. Movie industry, theaters, shows, music, so many conveniently niche businesses have been uprooted and destroyed, there is no pivot.

honestly weepaws fantasy football aside, either get off your high horse or go eff yourself. 

And that goes for any other anti-maskers and non believers. I’m not going to sit here and debate real life issues with you morons.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

You can’t. 

Remember when Johnny Knox broke his back? That was brutal. Guess what, the game still goes on. That can happen any Sunday

Head trauma. Players still get concussions every week. Players will still have permanent brain damage on some level. The game still goes on. Permanent physical disabilities. Teddy Bridgewater and Alex Smith each almost lost their leg

Drew Bledsoe could have died when he had bleeding in his chest

But covid is special. Now the game needs to be stopped so that no one ends up with a potential long last effect from the virus. Never mind the numerous other issues that will plague tons of players for the rest of their lives. Those don't matter

3 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Like I said, the only way to take it more seriously is to close the whole country down. Dont leave your house. Period

For a year. Then no one has to get hurt. 

When they start paying people to stay home that’s exactly what will happen. Until then, people need to make money to survive. Evictions are still continuing, rent isn’t being forgiven. You clearly do not grasp how bad all of this is for the economy, and it will continue until it’s under control.

I’ve been without work since March. I’m a hotel manager. With the travel industry as ravaged as it is, there simply isn’t any work. Businesses will continue to suffer until the virus is under control and that’s not an opinion it’s fact. Movie industry, theaters, shows, music, so many conveniently niche businesses have been uprooted and destroyed, there is no pivot.

honestly weepaws fantasy football aside, either get off your high horse or go eff yourself. 

And that goes for any other anti-maskers and non believers. I’m not going to sit here and debate real life issues with you morons.

No its high horse people like you who cherry pick covid as the reason to stop football. Not all of the other issues that players face for the rest of their lives from playing football.

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Remember when Johnny Knox broke his back? That was brutal. Guess what, the game still goes on. That can happen any Sunday

Head trauma. Players still get concussions every week. Players will still have permanent brain damage on some level. The game still goes on. Permanent physical disabilities. Teddy Bridgewater and Alex Smith each almost lost their leg

Drew Bledsoe could have died when he had bleeding in his chest

But covid is special. Now the game needs to be stopped so that no one ends up with a potential long last effect from the virus. Never mind the numerous other issues that will plague tons of players for the rest of their lives. Those don't matter

Wow you’re a dense idiot. The league has been trying to eliminate head injuries and trauma for years with added penalties and fines. This problem is bigger than football you baffoon.

Just now, Frozenbeernuts said:

No its high horse people like you who cherry pick covid as the reason to stop football. Not all of the other issues that players face for the rest of their lives from playing football.

Oh the irony.

Your take is they should play, for what? Your enjoyment and entertainment? Who’s on the high horse?? Think about how stupid your take is.

9 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

you morons.

5 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

you’re a dense idiot

6 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

you baffoon

4 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

how stupid your take is.

Easy now, big fella....

Oh the irony.

Your take is they should play, for what? Your enjoyment and entertainment? Who’s on the high horse?? Think about how stupid your take is.

Entertainment business isn't worth operating through covid? Shows shouldn't be produced? Music shouldn't be made?

You want to tell other people how to live their lives. Typical high horse rhetoric. You cherry pick which issues should cause the NFL to shut down. One, maybe two guys have myocarditis. How many thousands have permanent head injuries? Knee, back, neck. Players have died playing the game!

You are beyond reason. You are getting too into your feelings about covid because the media has gotten to you. Sad.

16 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

No problem, but I never said I’m a non believer, I think covid and people getting sick, and that people have even died from covid, but I don’t think the numbers are as bad as what’s  being reported , now I’m not going sit around my business or my home or my car wearing my mask, when I have to put it on , I put one on, but I’m not for seeing stoping all existence of life because of this mandemic, so I’ll simply agree with you that we disagree about this situation, and I’m very sorry about your work situation, it’s effective us in Reno as one would think it would with tourism at its worst, so where all suffering because of this situation, but I’m still going to be a productive person, and help when and where I can, and run are business until it’s either shout down or closed down. 

Everyone in this town of Reno, found it interesting, that they even put a limit on how many people one was able to have over their own house to ten, and only from two households , that doesn’t sound like a freedom of choice anymore, sounds like with every passing day, where losing that. 

I liked that eff myself part.  

7 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Oh the irony.

The players want to play! No one is forcing them! They need to feed their families too. What is the government going to pay every sports player his full salary to sit home?

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The players want to play! No one is forcing them! They need to feed their families too. What is the government going to pay every sports player his full salary to sit home?

Yes please, protect the millionaires and their right to make more money. 

5 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Easy now, big fella....

You’re right I’m done. I feel dirty and a hell of a lot dumber arguing with some people on this thread. I need a shower.

Been a challenging year for all, and a devastating year for many. During this period of Thanksgiving, instead of negativity, maybe we should try to find points of optimism and agreement? Yes, each and every death is tragic, but in regards to the virus, we have many blessings to be thankful for:

1. Some initial death estimates in the US alone were in the millions, but, thank God,  it appears that they will not come to fruition.

2. Young people, and especially children, have mostly been spared from a mortality perspective.

3. Effective therapeutics have been quickly discovered and have, no doubt, saved countless lives.

4. Vaccine development has proven to be more rapid and effective than anyone could have ever dreamed.

5. Although millions of Americans are suffering fiscally, our economy, thus far, has more than held her own under severe duress.

6. Our enemies haven't taken advantage of our exposed condition and vulnerabilities.

7. America has shown, once again, that we have in our DNA the resilience to face and conquer any challenge.

May I add, here in Reno we’ve seen an unbelievable about of people coming together to help one another, many and I mean many local small business like the onr we own, have been giving away things for free to those who really need to the help, many and many small business restaurant owners offering free dinner and lunch , and not just to the homeless, but to anyone., yesterday a small restaurant owner offered up 600 free dinners to anyone that needed it, and this from a business that the owner said is on the verge of closing its doors for good.  

Its been something g to behold right here in are little community, I think thanks to the Lord for that.  

10 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Yes please, protect the millionaires and their right to make more money. 

You still haven't answered why myocarditis is more severe than the head trauma and other injuries sustained while playing. Why that the sticking point that should stop all play?

You think the nfl is going to stop because of one player? Players get hurt and retire all the time. The game and fans move on. There is no one player more important than the sport itself

2 minutes ago, stonewall said:

5. Although millions of Americans are suffering fiscally, our economy, thus far, has more than held her own under severe duress.

We only have Bezos, Walmart, Netflix and other large multi billion $ corporations that are booming since the pandemic. They’ve capitalized on the pandemic whereas small businesses are still closing left and right. 

Anyone can pick and choose a number here or there to support an argument but it’s just confirmation bias. 

7 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

You still haven't answered why myocarditis is more severe than the head trauma and other injuries sustained while playing. Why that the sticking point that should stop all play?

You think the nfl is going to stop because of one player? Players get hurt and retire all the time. The game and fans move on. There is no one player more important than the sport itself

We’ve been making medicine, vaccines for generations now, for what? To prevent sickness and death. Now we’re faced with the deadliest pandemic/outbreak we’ve ever seen and your response is to just throw your hands up and say “whatever.” Your solution is to let the cards fall where they may and whoever dies, dies. That’s unacceptable. 

Again, this is bigger than football. Your tiny brain still doesn’t seem to comprehend.

2 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Now we’re faced with the deadliest pandemic/outbreak we’ve ever seen...

If you mean "we've ever seen" in terms of in our own personal lifetimes, then that may be true for our younger readers.  Older readers may remember the HIV/AIDS pandemic that started in the early 80s and is currently estimated to have killed over 30 million people. COVID is only up to about 1.5 million deaths.

If you mean "we've ever seen" in terms of humanity, then it's just patently false.  The Spanish Flu killed 50 million in 1918, and there were up to 200 million killed by the Bubonic Plague.

35 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

If you mean "we've ever seen" in terms of in our own personal lifetimes, then that may be true for our younger readers.  Older readers may remember the HIV/AIDS pandemic that started in the early 80s and is currently estimated to have killed over 30 million people. COVID is only up to about 1.5 million deaths.

If you mean "we've ever seen" in terms of humanity, then it's just patently false.  The Spanish Flu killed 50 million in 1918, and there were up to 200 million killed by the Bubonic Plague.

true.

but as with most things.  people in America worry about things that affect them.

The bottom line is that the majority of the AIDS deaths happened in Africa and some other parts of the globe without healthcare and treatment.  

Some other crazy religious people never felt this was a pandemic they felt it was god punishing homosexuals and sinners.

That being said, regardless of that, if people are dying, I think its fair to say it is a bad thing.

sticking your head in the sand and pretending the situation does not exist or isn't that serious generally wont make it better (and probably makes it worse)

bottom line, people are getting really sick.  some are dying.

Lets show some compassion.   and remember, our insignificant problems associated with our fantasy football is insigniificant compared to the loss of life (and potential loss of life) for some.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

The bottom line is that the majority of the AIDS deaths happened in Africa and some other parts of the globe without healthcare and treatment.  

A friend of mine died of AIDS; not a CLOSE friend, I had met him through work and had only known him a couple of years, but a good enough friend that we had met up a few times for things outside of work--and I never even knew he was gay until he contracted AIDS.  He was dead about three months after the diagnosis.  That was in 1992; I think he was 27.

sorry to hear about your loss Axe.

Every life lost is one too many.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Thanks for always trying to find an argument but when I say “we” I mean our generation. That negates the Spanish flu.

As for the AIDS pandemic, if the players were out there on the field having unprotected sex with each other then I’d certainly fear for their safety, but this apples to oranges.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

A friend of mine died of AIDS; not a CLOSE friend, I had met him through work and had only known him a couple of years, but a good enough friend that we had met up a few times for things outside of work--and I never even knew he was gay until he contracted AIDS.  He was dead about three months after the diagnosis.  That was in 1992; I think he was 27.

Did you leave the community at that time , and was that when you starting dating Linda?  

Thanks. 

9 hours ago, Kent said:

It all takes a backseat during a pandemic where asymptomatic people spread virus.   

And that's okay.  Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the safety of the at risk population. This is one of those rare times.  

God Bless America. 

No you dont. It is a choice. And you can’t make anyone adhere to this.  Then you are no longer free if that is the case.

1 hour ago, justforbeer said:

No you dont. It is a choice. And you can’t make anyone adhere to this.  Then you are no longer free if that is the case.

actually if the govt passes the right law it no longer becomes a choice.

there are manditory mask laws in many places (including the place that I live in) and some places are going into lockdown.

so the government can remove the choice if people dont do it voluntarily.    Ideally a smart and rational person would wear the damn mask so the govt does not have to take more extreme measures such as shutting down businesses, restaurants and the like.

but most anti maskers are not ratiional or reasonable.  so there is that......

31 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Well, now, "most" might be a bit harsh.

Although certainly inconclusive, I do know that of the last 5 people that I personally know that contracted the virus (attend the same church...with reduced crowds, social distancing, etc), 4 were full-time mask wearers. 

I have a theory for that, too. Yes, wearing a good mask can't help but to reduce the chance of viral exhalation/inhalation....but I do notice that mask wearers are constantly jacking with their mask, esp around the nose area. So, I must conclude that that is the most likely reason for virus contraction and infection. An infection that possibly might not have occurred if maskless.

I'm just saying that not everything is so cut and dried, and lumping large segments of the populace into a realm of deplorables is probably not  justified.

8 hours ago, stonewall said:

Been a challenging year for all, and a devastating year for many. During this period of Thanksgiving, instead of negativity, maybe we should try to find points of optimism and agreement? Yes, each and every death is tragic, but in regards to the virus, we have many blessings to be thankful for:

1. Some initial death estimates in the US alone were in the millions, but, thank God,  it appears that they will not come to fruition.

2. Young people, and especially children, have mostly been spared from a mortality perspective.

3. Effective therapeutics have been quickly discovered and have, no doubt, saved countless lives.

4. Vaccine development has proven to be more rapid and effective than anyone could have ever dreamed.

6. Our enemies haven't taken advantage of our exposed condition and vulnerabilities.

7. America has shown, once again, that we have in our DNA the resilience to face and conquer any challenge.

1.  Take out the words "some initial estimates in the US" and we are on our way .

2.  Young people, even children, many children, have not been spared from your mortality perspective based on your perception.

3.  Agreed...doctors, nurses, front line medical workers have saved lives no doubt.

4.  Proof??  Evidence??  Scary word of science??  Or because that is what is being projected to the believer of the government in you?

5. Greatest county EVER.  Anyone could steer this ship and we will be just fine.

6.  We took the land from the enemy natives.  Since then our land has barely been threatened by any enemy despite our vulnerabilities.

7.   America has shown, once again, that we have in our DNA the resilience to face and conquer any challenge.

31 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Well, now, "most" might be a bit harsh.

Although certainly inconclusive, I do know that of the last 5 people that I personally know that contracted the virus (attend the same church...with reduced crowds, social distancing, etc), 4 were full-time mask wearers. 

I have a theory for that, too. Yes, wearing a good mask can't help but to reduce the chance of viral exhalation/inhalation....but I do notice that mask wearers are constantly jacking with their mask, esp around the nose area. So, I must conclude that that is the most likely reason for virus contraction and infection. An infection that possibly might not have occurred if maskless.

I'm just saying that not everything is so cut and dried, and lumping large segments of the populace into a realm of deplorables is probably not  justified.

well, any product usually works better if you follow the instructions and use the product the way in which it was intended.

if you wear a mask improperly you are losing much of your protection.

but you also need to be smart about what you do too.   masks reduce risk. they dont eliminate risk.

if someone sneezes and viirus filled particles land on a surface that you touch with your hand.   you then go and rub your eye, that also allows you to get infected.

so its not just about wearing the mask.   the mask blocks only one form of transmission.

if you are one of those people who rubs their eyes or sticks your fingers in your mouth, if you touch a contaminated surface, and then do this, you are probably at higher risk of infection.

That being said,  the mask actually is more helpful if you are actually infected.  then any cough or sneeze wont spread the germs everywhere.  it will keep most of them on the inside of your mask and make it substantially less likely that your sneeze or cough will infect others.   Yes some germs may still escape, but most will remain inside of your mask.

thats where the real benefit of the mask comes in.

1 hour ago, Smileseers said:

1.  Take out the words "some initial estimates in the US" and we are on our way .

2.  Young people, even children, many children, have not been spared from your mortality perspective based on your perception.

3.  Agreed...doctors, nurses, front line medical workers have saved lives no doubt.

4.  Proof??  Evidence??  Scary word of science??  Or because that is what is being projected to the believer of the government in you?

5. Greatest county EVER.  Anyone could steer this ship and we will be just fine.

6.  We took the land from the enemy natives.  Since then our land has barely been threatened by any enemy despite our vulnerabilities.

7.   America has shown, once again, that we have in our DNA the resilience to face and conquer any challenge.

Mmm I find that last line very interesting, and I would say true for most of the time I’ve been alive, but if I may ask you a question, do you think that’s true today about America DNA , I mean seems like a lot of people are trying to personally to change their own. 

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

actually if the govt passes the right law it no longer becomes a choice.

there are manditory mask laws in many places (including the place that I live in) and some places are going into lockdown.

so the government can remove the choice if people dont do it voluntarily.    Ideally a smart and rational person would wear the damn mask so the govt does not have to take more extreme measures such as shutting down businesses, restaurants and the like.

What a bunch of nonsense.   Then you end it by attacking a group because you do not agree.  Nice.

I am about American freedoms. Living in a communist society is nothing i want any part of....

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

well, any product usually works better if you follow the instructions and use the product the way in which it was intended.

if you wear a mask improperly you are losing much of your protection.

but you also need to be smart about what you do too.   masks reduce risk. they dont eliminate risk.

if someone sneezes and viirus filled particles land on a surface that you touch with your hand.   you then go and rub your eye, that also allows you to get infected.

so its not just about wearing the mask.   the mask blocks only one form of transmission.

if you are one of those people who rubs their eyes or sticks your fingers in your mouth, if you touch a contaminated surface, and then do this, you are probably at higher risk of infection.

That being said,  the mask actually is more helpful if you are actually infected.  then any cough or sneeze wont spread the germs everywhere.  it will keep most of them on the inside of your mask and make it substantially less likely that your sneeze or cough will infect others.   Yes some germs may still escape, but most will remain inside of your mask.

thats where the real benefit of the mask comes in.

Thanks Dr. Youdonotknowwhatyouaretakingabout.

If I want medical advice, I will seek it from my doctor. 

Wonder what you thought when Fauci originally said not to wear masks?

Next, are you going to give stock tips or educate us with your profound knowledge on aerospace technology?

Let me guess, you are a rocket scientist.

10 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

We only have Bezos, Walmart, Netflix and other large multi billion $ corporations that are booming since the pandemic. They’ve capitalized on the pandemic whereas small businesses are still closing left and right. 

Anyone can pick and choose a number here or there to support an argument but it’s just confirmation bias. 

It truly seems like you are arguing both sides, then calling people names.

Facebook, Twitter & Amazon.

They are the winners, yep, think who they are paying. What is their influence? Destroy all brick & mortar. Controlling of consumers. It is textbook.

I have to ask this. You are clearly concerned about people dying of covid. I get it.

How did you feel when 60,000 or so people die of the flue each year. Did you care? Why did you not demand we all wear masks? I mean, really from your own argument, isn’t 1 death too many!? 

What a bunch of nonsense.   Then you end it by attacking a group because you do not agree.  Nice.

I am about American freedoms. Living in a communist society is nothing i want any part of....

Amen. 

It truly seems like you are arguing both sides, then calling people names.

Facebook, Twitter & Amazon.

They are the winners, yep, think who they are paying. What is their influence? Destroy all brick & mortar. Controlling of consumers. It is textbook.

I have to ask this. You are clearly concerned about people dying of covid. I get it.

How did you feel when 60,000 or so people die of the flue each year. Did you care? Why did you not demand we all wear masks? I mean, really from your own argument, isn’t 1 death too many!? 

Wow great post.