Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Get Offended and Feel Shame

Burt Bees (maker of a brand of lip balm but also of pajamas) apologized for its marketing ad. It shows 4 families wearing their pajamas.  3 were white families which included mom, dad and the children.  1 family was black and the dad was missing.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/burt-bees-apologizes-family-christmas-234500123.html

• Haha 2

Just now, JustinCharge said:

Burt Bees (maker of a brand of lip balm but also of pajamas) apologized for its marketing ad. It shows 4 families wearing their pajamas.  3 were white families which included mom, dad and the children.  1 family was black and the dad was missing.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/burt-bees-apologizes-family-christmas-234500123.html

What's the problem they have to follow truth in advertising.

John Cleese is being shamed today for defending JK Rowling and saying "I'm afraid I'm not that interested in trans folks" and "When a woman who was once a man is competing against women who have always been women, I think she has an advantage, because she inherited a man’s body, which is usually bigger and stronger than a woman’s".

Needless to say, Cleese’s comments received a blistering response on Twitter:

Dear @JohnCleese you’ve made several transphobic comments here. You do seem to not only be interested in trans folks, but also adding to transphobia at a time when trans people are being murdered world wide.

Instead of worrying about American democracy worry about the transphobia gripping the UK. Worry about the staggering inequality your country faces & keep LGBTQ issues out of your chapped ass lip having mouth unless you due to some miracle become an ally.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/john-cleese-twitter-transphobia-jk-rowling-003853239.html

22 minutes ago, nobody said:

Are people really murdering trans folks world wide?

Probably, I know that in Muslim countries its more than likely true, they hate everyone.

Who cares if the depiction was accurate in terms of the known composition of AA families.  We are supposed to pretend, to lie, and ignore the reality.....to deal with it honestly is apparently mean or uhhh,,,intolerant or some sh!t.....

So then you never admit the problem, you ensure it sticks.....smart....

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Probably, I know that in Muslim countries its more than likely true, they hate everyone.

Who cares if the depiction was accurate in terms of the known composition of AA families.  We are supposed to pretend, to lie, and ignore the reality.....to deal with it honestly is apparently mean or uhhh,,,intolerant or some sh!t.....

So then you never admit the problem, you ensure it sticks.....smart....

Burt Bees problem is that they didn't show an interracial family as that's the latest craze in seemingly EVERY ad on TV.   

White men marrying white women?  GTFO with that raciss sh1t!

2 hours ago, nobody said:

Are people really murdering trans folks world wide?

If they are, it’s most likely another trans doing the killing. Just like every other group usually hurts their own. 

1 minute ago, The Elevator Killer said:

If it wasn't a problem then no one wouldn't have noticed that the father wasn't there. 

And why are they assuming there is only 1 father?  

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

We are supposed to pretend, to lie, and ignore the reality.....to deal with it honestly is apparently mean or uhhh,,,intolerant or some sh!t.....

Bill Cosby got in trouble for calling out African-American fathers, before he got into even bigger trouble & lost credibility.

When this subject comes up, I always think of this quote & apply it to politicians who are 'trying' to correct this 'issue'

“When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.”

--Thomas Sowell  

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, DonS said:

Burt Bees problem is that they didn't show an interracial family as that's the latest craze in seemingly EVERY ad on TV.   

White men marrying white women?  GTFO with that raciss sh1t!

Especially insurance ads.  It's weird

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Especially insurance ads.  It's weird

Saddest part is there are no acting roles left for black kids.  You must be overtly mixed raced, as evidenced by a wacky hair cut.

Time was we were supposed to look past the color of peoples’ skin, but I guess we can only do that if it portrays black people in a positive light.  

Also, since they now have only nuclear families in their ads, expect backlash from some spittle-spewing wokesters accusing them of divorce-ism.  :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

John Cleese is being shamed today for defending JK Rowling and saying "I'm afraid I'm not that interested in trans folks" and "When a woman who was once a man is competing against women who have always been women, I think she has an advantage, because she inherited a man’s body, which is usually bigger and stronger than a woman’s".

Needless to say, Cleese’s comments received a blistering response on Twitter:

Dear @JohnCleese you’ve made several transphobic comments here. You do seem to not only be interested in trans folks, but also adding to transphobia at a time when trans people are being murdered world wide.

Instead of worrying about American democracy worry about the transphobia gripping the UK. Worry about the staggering inequality your country faces & keep LGBTQ issues out of your chapped ass lip having mouth unless you due to some miracle become an ally.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/john-cleese-twitter-transphobia-jk-rowling-003853239.html

Fock the Trans freaks. They are rapidly turning me from "don't give a fock about them" to active dislike.

The jk Rowling crap is insane. She went from the favorite author ever to the antichrist on reddit. And it all started simply because she said "trans women can't menstrste" or something.

Now they are pushing for fantasy novels to be more "inclusive" and having "queer" freaks running around and accepted in midievil settings. Focking insane.

• Thanks 1

I want the makers of current commercials these days to not only apologize but be sh!tcanned and publically flogged for making commercials that disproportionately represent the number of black people and interracial couples over white people and same race couples in this country.  A few weeks back I was watching some tv with my girlfriend and I said to her, watch how many interracial couples are in the commercials we see tonight. After the first 7 or 8 commercials we saw, and we were not watching ghetto television, I think 4-5 of them had interracial couples and a couple of them were 90% all black actors in the commercials. All of them simply just pushing everyday products like insurance, or cars or computers, etc...

You know what is under represented in these commercials, violent black criminals. 

Ohhh....Here's another one.  Ever notice now that in TV shows and movies etc....If there is a teenaged, or generally young black female, shes always a super smart, overachiever.  Smarter than her peers.  AP classes, etc etc.   Like the girl in cobra kai.   I see that quite frequently now too.

God forbid a teenaged black girl be portrayed as a challenge to her parents or a bad student and so on.   Cause THAT never happens right?  Only white parents have challenging teenaged kids,.

48 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Ohhh....Here's another one.  Ever notice now that in TV shows and movies etc....If there is a teenaged, or generally young black female, shes always a super smart, overachiever.  Smarter than her peers.  AP classes, etc etc.   Like the girl in cobra kai.   I see that quite frequently now too.

God forbid a teenaged black girl be portrayed as a challenge to her parents or a bad student and so on.   Cause THAT never happens right?  Only white parents have challenging teenaged kids,.

I’ve noticed this in professional team sports too!   It must be a fix cause it isn’t the same for individual sports like golf, bowling, weightlifting and race car driving.

11 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The jk Rowling crap is insane. She went from the favorite author ever to the antichrist on reddit. And it all started simply because she said "trans women can't menstrste" or something.

Rowling said that another name for "people who menstruate" is "women".  What an insane thing to say. 

17 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Monumentally stupid just from a marketing perspective. 

11 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Fock the Trans freaks. They are rapidly turning me from "don't give a fock about them" to active dislike.

Now they are pushing for fantasy novels to be more "inclusive" and having "queer" freaks running around and accepted in midievil settings. Focking insane.

Nailed it.

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Further,

The people developing and writing these shows must have never visited an actual AA community.  Good luck finding THAT kind of kid.  They exist to be sure, but ignoring the reality that most AA kids completely gaff off school does not help change the paradigm.

21 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Further,

The people developing and writing these shows must have never visited an actual AA community.  Good luck finding THAT kind of kid.  They exist to be sure, but ignoring the reality that most AA kids completely gaff off school does not help change the paradigm.

More..... Ever notice the black people in the commercials seem so.......well off?    There is little true representation of black culture in these ads, almost they want everyone to be exactly the same.  I'm surprised black activists haven't pushed back on the whitewashing of black people in these commercials.

13 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It is weird.  As is many things today.  Riots, PC and cancel culture,  anything and everything called racist.  Cops are now out if control but some how 10 or 15 years ago it wasnt a real problem anyone went bonkers over.

If you took a lefty in say 2005 form and showed them this world today they would think it is insane as well.   But over the last 10 to 20 years and more so the last 5...they have been conditioned to think this is normal.  This is fine.  Cancel anyone who offends anyone.  The nation is now extremely racist but wasnt really much of an issue 15 years ago.  Some how after having a black president the country is more racist and its all of a sudden the biggest problem in America.  

It is really just a pussification of the country.  Everyone has very fragile feelings.  

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

This one is kinda racist IMO

My understanding is that they weren’t shown in a quad box like we saw; that was done by a Twitter SJW.  The sin of the marketers was that they didn’t see the color of the family’s skin.  They are now being assimilated into the new racist culture.  :thumbsup:  

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

My understanding is that they weren’t shown in a quad box like we saw; that was done by a Twitter SJW.  The sin of the marketers was that they didn’t see the color of the family’s skin.  They are now being assimilated into the new racist culture.  :thumbsup:  

It's so stupid.  Let's just say they put a call out for families to come in and take pictures to advertise Christmas pj's.  The black family says, yes we'd love to.  Mom and 2 kids show up.  Company has to say, sorry, we can't put your family in our ad because father isn't around.  The exact same thing would be happening right now, but for the opposite reason.

17 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

And why are they assuming there is only 1 father?  

Imagine a setup of dad, kid, mom, kid, dad.

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I should clarify, I agree I’m sure they didn’t do it on purpose, but that doesn’t make it OK.   I guess “perpetuating stereotypes” would probably be a better term than racist here.

Wasn't one of the posted goals of BLM the destruction of the nuclear family?  BLM eventually took that off their website, but I recall a video where Marcellus Wiley talked about that.

Shouldn't they be happy about this? 

Edit: couldn't find the video but here's an article with Wiley's response

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/marcellus-wiley-slams-blm-after-it-deletes-page-on-nuclear-families-heard-too-many-people-tell-me-that-i-was-wrong

What if I told you only 1 out of 3 Black children live in a two parent household?   You know the overwhelming majority actually don't have two parents co-inhabiting in the family.

https://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/tables/8053-children-who-live-in-two-parent-families-by-race-ethnicity#detailed/1/any/false/1491,1049/4217,4218,4215,3301,4216,2664/15474,15473

https://afro.com/census-bureau-higher-percentage-black-children-live-single-mothers/

:dunno:

As previously quoted:

“When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.”

--Thomas Sowell  

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I should clarify, I agree I’m sure they didn’t do it on purpose, but that doesn’t make it OK.   I guess “perpetuating stereotypes” would probably be a better term than racist here.

It's not perpetuating a stereotype if that "stereotype" isn't a "stereotype".  Almost 70% of black children

Second paragraph...

Late last year, the final data for 2018 were published here (the key is Table 9 on page 25), and here’s what we learn: For all racial and ethnic groups combined, 39.6 percent of births in the United States were out-of-wedlock (incidentally, isn’t that appalling?). And there was as always a tremendous range among groups.  For blacks, the number is 69.4 percent; for American Indians/Alaska Natives, 68.2 percent (Native Hawaiians/Other Pacific Islanders were at 50.4 percent); for Hispanics, 51.8 percent; for whites, 28.2 percent; and for Asian Americans, a paltry 11.7 percent.

During the Great Depression blacks had a higher marriage rate and fathers in the home than Whites. 

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's not perpetuating a stereotype if that "stereotype" isn't a "stereotype".  Almost 70% of black children

Second paragraph...

Late last year, the final data for 2018 were published here (the key is Table 9 on page 25), and here’s what we learn: For all racial and ethnic groups combined, 39.6 percent of births in the United States were out-of-wedlock (incidentally, isn’t that appalling?). And there was as always a tremendous range among groups.  For blacks, the number is 69.4 percent; for American Indians/Alaska Natives, 68.2 percent (Native Hawaiians/Other Pacific Islanders were at 50.4 percent); for Hispanics, 51.8 percent; for whites, 28.2 percent; and for Asian Americans, a paltry 11.7 percent.

It’s such a shame that a major contributor to black inequality is so clear to see, yet no one can talk about it. 

Just now, blick said:

It’s such a shame that a major contributor to black inequality is so clear to see, yet no one can talk about it. 

You know what's interesting about this?  Look at the wealth of the country.

It's perfectly in line with the children out of wedlock.

• Asians #1 in wealth, #1 in children born in a nuclear family.
  • Whites... #2 / #2
  • Hispanics... #3 / #3
  • Blacks... Last / Last